[Indie Game] XD83C8

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

[Indie Game] XD83C8

#1 Post by Morhighan »

Hey all, hope this is the right section.

My boyfriend just came out with his first commercial game, called XD83C8. There's some plot and story to it, however it's all in a mix of Old Norse and German. (XD) Anyway, it's a prequel for one of our next games, which will be more story oriented (and hopefully in English.) I thought some of you might enjoy it, so I hope it's okay if I post some information about it here. Thanks!
About:
XD83C8 is a two player one computer cooperative game. One player uses the mouse while another player uses the keyboard. The mouse player controls an AI in puzzle-strategy style gameplay. The keyboard player controls an Android in hack-and-slash sidescrolling action gameplay. Together they defend against hordes of robotic squids in space.
Characters:
Tresor - This is the AI character, controlled by the mouse. They add on module chips to their main body for power ups and weapons.

Valmun - This is the Android character, controlled by the keyboard. The android attacks oncoming aggressors.
Media:
Screenshot 1

Soundtrack

Teaser Trailer