Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

#1 Post by Gear »

Far be it from me to go all fanboy about something (that is such a lie), but I just saw the English trailer for the new Ace Attorney game. In an interesting move, Capcom has decided NOT to release the game in physical format internationally, but rather have it only available from the online shop for the 3DS.

Anyone else other than me excited for this title?
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

Uguu... yeah, I'm excited - but I need this to be ported to WiiU ASAP.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Gear »

You don't have a 3DS? I haven't bought a Wii U yet, but after Fire Emblem: Awakening, the 3DS has already paid for itself for me.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#4 Post by Googaboga »

I'm excited. ^v^ I have all the Ace Attorney games but I haven't been able to play them all yet so I have not looked into this one much. I'm sure I'll get it, I just have to play these other AA games on my backlog. I would have preferred a physical copy to add to my collection but it is not a huge deal. Having a digital copy is far better than not having the game at all.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#5 Post by LVUER »

If a digital copy can make the price cheaper, why not? I still haven't bought 3DS though... I will buy one when I decide to buy WiiU. But I haven't decided to buy even either of them. If I buy PS4, then I will PSVita instead. IDK, lately I don't really like Nintendo first party game and Nintendo consoles doesn't have that many good third party games.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

#6 Post by zankizuna »

got any news on 3ds Emulators?
ahahah Phoenix Wright's Objection sure has changed...

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Gear »

The Vita was a disappointment to me, but I've always considered Nintendo's handhelds my favorites. That's due in no small part to my fandom of Pokémon, though Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright really pushed the bar for me.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#8 Post by LVUER »

Vita as a hardware is a disappointment for me too. But if I buy PS4, I might want to buy Vita. Also, in Vita we have P4Golden! And other third party games. Contrast with N3DS that almost exclusively for Nintendo first party games... well, it's always been like that though.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't hate Nintendo. After all, I have NES, SNES, GBA, and DSLite. Of course Phoenix Wright is also one of my favorite series.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#9 Post by SundownKid »

I held off on getting a 3DS for a while, but I'm definitely getting one soon to play this and the other great games that have come out. Compared to the games available on the Vita, it's a no-brainer. Probably the only one I'm super interested in on Vita is Gravity Rush, the Vita has a lot of spinoffs (and remakes of games I've already played) but not many unique IP's. (Maybe with indie games it does, though).

The DS was so far ahead of the PSP that it was sad, the Vita seems a bit better overall, but still on a similar track. Nintendo handhelds have always had the best games. It might change in the future as mid range developers go out of business and indie games take over.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#10 Post by SundownKid »

Edward Ronald wrote:This is great news! I was trying to ported to WiiU ASAP but unfortunately I am not able to find the solution. How is it possible?
The info is here. It seems that Unity can handle it, so porting your game to Unity should be your best bet.

megatuga
Regular
Projects: 6 days (name subject to change)

#11 Post by megatuga »

While I am FAR from getting a 3DS (Good thing I didn't bought it as the game I wanted was cancelled... BY CAPCOM), this might be good incentive.

I like the new visual, I like the new partner and I adore the new system... weird, but efficient! All that would make me happy now would be some callbacks/references to previous games. And 3D, can't forget that.

Now about the downloadable format... I couldn't agree more. It will be cheaper than a physical game, easier to carry and save... what is there to not like? However if fans would want to have something else to look at rather than just the screen, there could be some sort of special package (You know, sort of like what they did with Megaman 9 where they offered an old-styled box with other bonuses), although I doubt that would happen.

Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

#12 Post by Alte »

There's an iOS version available since August 13, 2014. I heard of this few days ago, I thought it's worth mentioning since it's related.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.

AnoelDreamer
Regular
Projects: Harvest Moon: Meadow of Dreams

#13 Post by AnoelDreamer »

I really like this game! Quite the story there. I was considering starting to ship Blackquill and Fullbright midway through the story, but that end reveal made me drop that idea and run. That awful phantom!

octacon100
Regular
Projects: Regeria Hope
Organization: Golden Game Barn
IRC Nick: Octacon100

#14 Post by octacon100 »

I really like it, too! The whole series made me want to write my own game, in the same style. If you want to check it out, the link is here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28559

Looking forward to the HD versions on the 3DS as well. Hopefully the sprites are not the Ipad sprites, since they got a bit washed out.
Current Digital Projects -
Regiera Hope Completed Game Forum Post

Cabriolean
Regular

#15 Post by Cabriolean »

I'm really disappointed there's only going to be a digital copy, I download (free) games, swap or (occasionally) buy secondhand. I can't afford it until I change jobs (hopefully next year), or download a pirated copy. Rent for a single room in Guernsey is about 60% of my pay after tax and social security.