Virtual Girlfriend?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

Virtual Girlfriend?

#1 Post by rioka »

Have you guys heard of this? CNN and BBC reported about a Hong Kong company creating a bishoujo-like cell phone game where the player can woe a girl with virtual presents:
CNN wrote:The gifts will keep the relationship going from one level to the next -- and even though it's all made up of cold, hard data, suitors will have to pay cold, hard cash for the gifts.
They're also working on a virtual boyfriend for females. Does this even count as a bishoujo game? It certainly focuses on the "ai" element of ren'ai but spending cash just to move the relationship along - not like it doesn't happen in real life - but still... :?

Ziff

#2 Post by Ziff »

Eh- doesn't effect me, don't have a cell phone and who wants to subscribe to some arificial inteligent video girl.

BlackSpider
Regular

#3 Post by BlackSpider »

LOL, I prefer real GFs. Besides spending money on gifts for an aritficial girl that you can only see on your screen looks like a very stupid idea. But you never know, some people rich enough who don't know what to do with their money could actually go for it :).

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#4 Post by Sai »

Sounds like the same concept as those who like to spend real money on items, characters and so on in online games (Massive Multiplayer Online Games MMOG or Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Play Games MMORPG)
Personally I wouldn't but people do.

Ziff

#5 Post by Ziff »

Being on a MMO game is different because you can actually interact with other people.