Reading Untranslated VN's

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
noctos
Regular
Projects: Aeris
Tumblr: noctos

Re: Reading Untranslated VN's

#16 Post by noctos »

I tried playing a bunch of Japanese BL games, but I couldn't make much sense of it. I'm a beginner when it comes to the language, and none of the translation tools worked well enough to do the game justice. I've pretty much decided to stay away until I know more Japanese.
Tentatively working on my first project ☆

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#17 Post by Vatina »

noctos wrote:I tried playing a bunch of Japanese BL games, but I couldn't make much sense of it. I'm a beginner when it comes to the language, and none of the translation tools worked well enough to do the game justice. I've pretty much decided to stay away until I know more Japanese.
Don't wait too long though, just learn a little bit more. Struggling through a text like that can be great practice with the aid of tools, even if it doesn't feel like it at first. Just stick to less complicated stories for starters.

cath-mg
Regular
Projects: Ashworth's Last Princess (Resigned), Kokorogawari
Organization: Precatio彡
Tumblr: cath-mg
Github: cath-mg

#18 Post by cath-mg »

Definitely! There are loads of good titles and fangames made by Japanese groups which are untranslated so can't miss them. Some titles made me feel like I'm such trash for liking such genre though. I agree that voices helps a lot (bless them voice actors/actresses) especially with kanji which are hard to read. Games set in traditional times like Ken ga Kimi makes my head spin @_@ Katakana probably doesn't make much sense because they sound more like broken English to English speakers :lol:

rodent
Regular
Tumblr: jyagger

#19 Post by rodent »

Not sure if anyone's done a fan translation yet, but I started to play this Capcom game and have uploaded the first part to Youtube. Toraware no Palm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhrp7ARcz7s
If anyone is interested.