Everlove (GxB, hybrid game)

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Everlove (GxB, hybrid game)

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

I don't often browse usgamer.net, but today I noticed a story there about an upcoming game called Everlove. It will be a commercial release for iOS, Android, and later PC/Mac. The creators call it an interactive romance novel. The gameplay is described as "dating sim/adventure/visual novel/hidden object game hybrid." I'm not sure how that will work, but I figure it could work as long as they don't cram in too much in order to appeal to every fan. I'm don't know how to describe the art style, but it's different.

The developers are a group called Silicon Sisters. They are a Vancouver-based team that's already released the iOS/Android game School 26. They call themselves "...a couple of industry vets who are ready to make some great games for women. And who also happen to be women." As of this writing, their website doesn't mention Everlove.

A few minutes after reading the usgamer.net article, I remembered the PSP game Brooktown High. It was released in 2007, and was supposed to be the rough equivalent of the Tokimeki Memorial franchise for English speaking fans. It also had unique art (again, I'm not sure how to describe the style) and decent simulation gameplay. I honestly don't know if more than a few fans played and enjoyed it. If the sales data on VGChartz is correct, it eventually sold more than a few thousand copies... though I don't know if that was considered a success.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Everlove (GxB, hybrid game)

#2 Post by Googaboga »

A "dating sim/adventure/visual novel/hidden object game hybrid." huh? Sounds pretty neat. I wonder how well all of that will work together. I think I'll have to try this game out when it is released.

I know I've heard of Brooktown High but I've never really seen it before. It doesn't sound bad though. I do like simulation games so maybe I'll look into that too.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

ixWishing
Veteran

#3 Post by ixWishing »

Hmm. The preview images don't seem that bad ;w;
I'll check out the demo version for it, if there is one soon xD
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#4 Post by Mini_Moshi »

The demo is out. I bought the full version. It was actually pretty good! I hope they make a sequel.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

I didn't notice that EverLove: Rose was released until I looked at RPGFan and Gamertell today. The iOS version requires version 5.0 as the minimum. The PC version, according to what I read on Big Fish Games, has low system requirements.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#6 Post by Googaboga »

I read the review on Gamertell. I'm more interested in it now :>. I won't be getting it right away but I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up sometime.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#7 Post by Katta »

I've played it today and I'm a bit disappointed (though since it's cheap...) - the story is kinda random with too much of everything and the romance part is lacking. I'm especially frustrated because of the "bonus" for playing all the routes(