* it will be a commercial game, and will be submitted for Steam Greenlight
* no meaningless choices, vague options, or sudden deaths
* a protagonist who is not wholly good, nor a '90s comics-esque antihero
* influence of tokusatsu and world mythology
The character designs look kind of like 3D polygons, but I might be mistaken.
One last thing... the writer provides some information on how funds will be used.
- Posts: 307
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:23 pm
- Projects: Taleweaver's Curse
- Location: Philippines
He also had me at the mention of Sandman, my all-time favorite visual novel series by Neil Gaiman.It's important to me that every character be a believable human being, and that none of the scenarios are contrived. I need everything to make sense. I'm a huge fan of logical consistency.
If I had a credit card, I'd donate a few dollars to this. As it is, I'm broke, and can only hope that he gains enough backers for the project.
- Arbiter of the Internets
- Posts: 4053
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:37 am
- Completed: lots; see website!
- Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
- Organization: Hanako Games
- Tumblr: hanakogames
As of this writing, there are no comments on the person's Kickstarter. Einherjar Products has a website -- temporarily down at this moment -- as well as recent Facebook and Twitter accounts. I would hope that there are no genuine concerns about whether the creator is ready and able to create a VN. But unfortunately, there have been instances in which fully funded KS projects have not been released.
- Writing Maniac
- Posts: 3428
- Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:51 am
- Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
- Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
- Organization: Tall Tales Productions
- Location: Germany
However, discussion about this project should be allowed. I'm removing the link from the OP.
Yeah, that was my first thought as well. Honestly, I hope it is a troll listing, otherwise it is getting really depressing what people think professional development should be like. After reading through the whole thing, I still only have an inkling of an idea of what the story is. It seems like any time they try to talk about the story, they either say how it's going to be incredibly awesome, mention some other game or movie that people actually put work into, or just talk in circles. Not to mention that "polish" is a freaking stretch goal... at 35K, over double the original listing.papillon wrote:This project was roundly savaged on /evn/ and someone suggested that it was a troll listing, iirc...
Einherjar Productions' KS page is still online, and it currently consists of a rant against successful crowdfunding projects. If you ask me, it's an example of bad publicity. Perhaps the group can start over, strive to create a small scale project, and reach out to fellow fans.
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 3706
- Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:33 pm
- Projects: A Close Shave
- Location: Medford, MA
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?) http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978
Users browsing this forum: No registered users