Leviathan (18+)

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
lostwood

Leviathan (18+)

#1 Post by lostwood »

This is new Visual Novel with RPG elements. The first ARC is The Last Day of the Decade (5 episodes). 4 is done.
2 episodes are translated. 3rd one will be out in 15th of August.
Here you can check the free first episode: http://thelostwood.com/en.html

The game takes place in the world of Leviathan, where a cyberpunk meets dark fantasy kind of world. The player gets to know this brutal dystopian world where the nobility revels in luxury, pleasures and perversions, while the common folk suffers and dies from a terrible plague. The main character, a noble-born boy, gets adopted by the one who has killed his parents. The law is powerless as the murderer comes from one of the most influential families, that has taken over all the city...

PLS support this game cause its indie and the the man who gather the team to create such project spend $150 000 to develop this game. All publisher refuse to accept this game cause its very countercultural. Also they have alot of text, so good translation cost alot. About $2,500 per episode. This project is very high quality.

And i'm sorry if this post against the rule or offend someone.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... TKINIxkkEQ

If you have any hints how to spread the info about this game - it will be awesome. Also i can gift all episode for free if you wishes ti write the reveiew or somehow spread the word.

bellice
Veteran

Re: Leviathan (18+)

#2 Post by bellice »

I think this should go into the 'Other Story-based Games' Category, but I'm sure a mod will be kind enough to move it for you.

Anyway, gonna check this out.

lostwood

#3 Post by lostwood »

bellice wrote:I think this should go into the 'Other Story-based Games' Category, but I'm sure a mod will be kind enough to move it for you.

I'm sorry for this. I don't plan to violate the rules.

Belice, did you encounter problems with downloading or installation process?

bellice
Veteran

#4 Post by bellice »

lostwood wrote:
bellice wrote:I think this should go into the 'Other Story-based Games' Category, but I'm sure a mod will be kind enough to move it for you.

I'm sorry for this. I don't plan to violate the rules.

Belice, did you encounter problems with downloading or installation process?

Download went fine. I'm currently installing. No problems yet.
Should any arise, I'm gonna tell you.

bellice
Veteran

#5 Post by bellice »

Okay, so I'm having a bit of a problem.

It downloaded and installed just fine, but when I start the game, it loads and displays a picture of a rugged guy with scars on his chest and a blue ghost thing, but then nothing happens. When I press W, it tells me 'Your pathetic efforts are saved here' and gives me the option to load it or decline. When I press Q, it says 'Save me from meself' and I get two options again. Nothing happens no matter what I click.

lostwood

#6 Post by lostwood »

bellice wrote:Okay, so I'm having a bit of a problem.

It downloaded and installed just fine, but when I start the game, it loads and displays a picture of a rugged guy with scars on his chest and a blue ghost thing, but then nothing happens. When I press W, it tells me 'Your pathetic efforts are saved here' and gives me the option to load it or decline. When I press Q, it says 'Save me from meself' and I get two options again. Nothing happens no matter what I click.
This is developers buttons. I suggest dont use them (they will be removed with new episode). Just use you mouse and click - than the use the menu that will appear.
When you click it - it blocks every other inputs,

bellice
Veteran

#7 Post by bellice »

lostwood wrote:

This is developers buttons. I suggest dont use them (they will be removed with new episode). Just use you mouse and click - than the use the menu that will appear.
Clicking the mouse doesn't do anything.

lostwood

#8 Post by lostwood »

bellice wrote:
lostwood wrote:

Clicking the mouse doesn't do anything.
Can you describe your PC:
What Operation System do you use?

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#9 Post by fleet »

I was going to download this, but it's 753 MB, which will take 2 hours at my internet connection speed. I'll wait until hearing if bellice got it to run before downloading.

I see that you have it marked 18+. Perhaps it should be in the adult completed games section?
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#10 Post by Katta »

I've got the same problem, Windows 7

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#11 Post by Obscura »

Ahhh! This looks great. I'm downloading the iOS version.

I'm assuming it's a different version for iOS, am I correct? I didn't think 18+ was allowed on the Apple store.

edit: Yay, it finally downloaded and installed. I played through the first episode. Original world, great art and it kept me engaged. Ran well on my ipad. Overall it was really pretty amazing. I liked the dark themes, it's like one of those old-school Sierra games all grown up.

I don't buy stuff in episodes but I'll inclined to purchase this once all installments are finished. Trying to think of where you guys can get more press. I recommend going here and posting about it (if you haven't already):

http://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/

as well as here

http://www.reddit.com/r/indiegaming

Hope you guys get noticed. Your high production VN needs some publicity.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

lostwood

#12 Post by lostwood »

Let us about 3-4 hours to fix all problems.

UPD - problem solved. 30 min to upload

lostwood

#13 Post by lostwood »

NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

#14 Post by NoJoker »

I love this game, I recently discovered it on the iTunes store. I'm willing to write a review and I can translate it into German (I'm a professional translator) for a free copy. I wrote an email to you a few days ago but I seem to have problems with my email account :/

lostwood

#15 Post by lostwood »

NoJoker wrote:I love this game, I recently discovered it on the iTunes store. I'm willing to write a review and I can translate it into German (I'm a professional translator) for a free copy. I wrote an email to you a few days ago but I seem to have problems with my email account :/
It will be awesome!
Leave me your email address and i will contact you.