Leviathan (18+)

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

Re: Leviathan (18+)

#16 Post by NoJoker »

Great, I just wrote you a PN.
The new PC version works fine by the way :)

lostwood

#17 Post by lostwood »

I wrote on reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/co ... _last_day/
So it would be cool if u vote for it....

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#18 Post by Taleweaver »

Moved.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#19 Post by Talann »

I'm loving this game.
Although I'm broke.
I need to save up some money!
・ω・

lostwood

#20 Post by lostwood »

Talann wrote:I'm loving this game.
Although I'm broke.
I need to save up some money!
・ω・
If u can share info about this game - i can give you a free version. We really need more attention to our game or our studio will be shut...
Write a letter to studio (at) thelostwood.com

also you can draw a picture about our game ^)

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by CheeryMoya »

Hm, are you the creator or at least a member of the team making this game? Reading your replies on the reddit thread seems to indicate so and if that's the case then this thread can go back to the Completed Games section. That board definitely gets more traffic than this one does, I think.

Watching the trailer definitely got me interested in playing and reviewing the game, but you marked this as 18+. Is it for the dark themes, or is there a lot of sex and violence? If there are hentai scenes shown in the game I probably won't be able to play it just yet.

lostwood

#22 Post by lostwood »

CheeryMoya wrote:Hm, are you the creator or at least a member of the team making this game? Reading your replies on the reddit thread seems to indicate so and if that's the case then this thread can go back to the Completed Games section. That board definitely gets more traffic than this one does, I think.

Watching the trailer definitely got me interested in playing and reviewing the game, but you marked this as 18+. Is it for the dark themes, or is there a lot of sex and violence? If there are hentai scenes shown in the game I probably won't be able to play it just yet.
HI! Im the one who gather the team and spend my money on this game. The 18+ is not cause of sex and ultra violence its just because the game contain dark themes and defiantly not for persons who are under this age. Also in Russia we have anti-gey law that will put me in jail for gey characters in me game.
Law forbids propaganda of homosexual relationships for children. And cause we have gey characters our government can understand this as propaganda.

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#23 Post by trooper6 »

Dear Lostwood,

Please be safe over there in Russia! I've been reading about what your government has been doing to and saying about gay people, and it has made me really worried. I hope it gets better. If there is anything we foreigners can do to help, please say!

I've bought the game for iPad and after I finish playing it, I'll recommend it to my friends! Also, Lostwood, if the game has a lot of gay content, you might think about telling the folks at border house about your game:
http://borderhouseblog.com

They are gaming blog that is progressive and features queer, feminist, minority takes on gaming.

You might also want to drop a note about your game to JoeMyGod:
http://joemygod.blogspot.com

He is a gay blogger who mostly writes on politics, but he also does talk about video games--if he reviewed your game, that would give it a lot of publicity.

Anyway, I hope that helps! Be safe!
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

lostwood

#24 Post by lostwood »

trooper6 wrote:Dear Lostwood,

Please be safe over there in Russia! I've been reading about what your government has been doing to and saying about gay people, and it has made me really worried. I hope it gets better. If there is anything we foreigners can do to help, please say!

I've bought the game for iPad and after I finish playing it, I'll recommend it to my friends! Also, Lostwood, if the game has a lot of gay content, you might think about telling the folks at border house about your game:
http://borderhouseblog.com

They are gaming blog that is progressive and features queer, feminist, minority takes on gaming.

You might also want to drop a note about your game to JoeMyGod:
http://joemygod.blogspot.com

He is a gay blogger who mostly writes on politics, but he also does talk about video games--if he reviewed your game, that would give it a lot of publicity.

Anyway, I hope that helps! Be safe!
Thank you for your support! We have very strong anti-gay communities in Russia that's why is so hard to communicate with gamers.... I will try to contact them! Thank alot!

BTW we release 3rd episode for PC, iOS version is waiting for approval.

victorita9
Regular

#25 Post by victorita9 »

I played the game and I really enjoyed playing it. The amount I payed for was worth the hours of play time. The third episode was suspenseful and my jaw dropped at the end. Kael is my favorite character. I want to have a friend like him.

I know you listed the game as 18, but the content is not at all 18+. I have seen 13+ movies have more violence than that, and there is hardly any sexual content in the game. I also went to the website you linked and there was nothing about what the game is about or even who the characters are(tell me if i am wrong and I will edit)

I would also check out choice of games and post about this game on their forum. Also Write to anyone who has made a popular interactive game, and ask if they could do a review on their blog if you send them all of the current episodes.

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by trooper6 »

That there is any mention of gayness at all makes it 18+ in Russia, where gay people are being beaten in the streets, fired, and arrested. Just a few days ago a Russian newscaster who had been reporting on the persecution of gays in Russia came out on air and was immediately fired.

If labeling their game 18+ means the creators don't get put in jail, I'm all for it.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

lostwood

#27 Post by lostwood »

HI!
We've updated our website (about page) - http://thelostwood.com/about_en.html
Also we added free prequel to episode 1.
And...
We are on steam greenlight! Please support us!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =172019758

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by trooper6 »

Hey lostwood!

I have the game on iOS because it isn't out yet on Mac. I just finished playing Episode 1 & 2. And is was great! I hope the prequel chapter will make it to iOS and Ch3. Or I hope the whole thing will come to Mac soon. I'll buy it a second time to support the company and because it was so marvellous so far! I voted for it on Steam Greenlight and wish you the best of luck with that!

I just thought of two other places you might try to advertise: Rock Paper Shotgun, and VNs Now!

Best of luck, I'm going to have to replay episodes 1 & 2, and can't wait for episode 3!
A Close Shave:

Arcanum
Veteran

#29 Post by Arcanum »

I definitely recommend this game for everyone! I've fallen in love with the world and the characters. I wish the best of luck for you guys, this game is so polished, and high quality.

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#30 Post by JBShields »

Holy shit. I just played this game.

(Side note: I HATE demon characters and dark magic in games but) this was one of the best stories I have ever read in a game. For those who haven't played, it's point and click, but the text reads like a VN. The art is the best out there. Music is nice. Not too much point and click with gameplay either. The depth of the characters is amazing. The writer did a great job in that.

There are cliffhangers. On multiple fronts. I don't want to write down what because it would simply spoil the experience of the game.

In my own words, its premise is "what if your adopted father murdered your mother? Can you evidence and bring him to justice or do you "forgive" him?" What if he wants to play cat and mouse with you? Kyaaaaah! What tension! Love, parental, forbidden, destiny, socialital, political, danger. It's awesome. Scary for me, but awesome.