Edelweiss

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
jjoxford2007

Edelweiss

#1 Post by jjoxford2007 »

Despite the poor translation this VN is pretty good, however I was wondering if there are any tools out there that would allow me to rewrite the text to make it easier on my brain. It doesn't really matter much if there is no way to do so, it's just whenever I read the lines in my head they come out in a Japanese accent, haha.

Anyways, not sure if this would be an appropriate topic for this section, but it is a story-based game that didn't come from this forum. I'm mainly concerned if the topic at hand is even appropriate for this forum, considering what I would be doing to the game is essentially hacking it, correct?

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Edelweiss

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Mangagamer released a translation of Edelweiss in 2008, and if you ask me, it was kind of a mess. For instance, a "holmcross" would occasionally be mentioned. I believe that was an incorrect romanization of the word "homonculus." The company phased it out and released a re-translation in 2011 which corrects most of the errors. Only that version is currently being sold. One character now has a thick accent, but that is the only significant disadvantage.

Look for other forums if you plan to edit a commercial VN in order to eliminate typos and errors, especially one which is still in print. Make sure to read this forum's FAQ, and ask if you have questions.