Area-X [GxB][Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction]

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Lucky-pon

Area-X [GxB][Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction]

#1 Post by Lucky-pon »

Hello everyone, so I don't know if you've already heard of this game : Area-X. It's a commercial otome game made by Zeiva Inc (the creators of X-Note, Train of Afterlife,etc..), and it is a really good one !

Description : In the far future, people live 1000 meters deep underground. Technology is abundant, but life is a constant struggle. An organization sought to end this by sending people back in time to recover lost natural resources. Elcia is one of such people. As a Time Negotiator, it's her job to travel across various dimensions and negotiate with people of the past.

However, in a strange twist of fate, Elcia accidentally stumbled upon an unknown dimension known as "Area-X" during her very first mission. Following its discovery, more bizarre incidents and conspiracies awaited her one after another - all of this eventually led to discovering the uncanny nature of the world and how it all ties to Elcia’s very own mysterious past...

You can lean more about it here and here. The demo is free, and the game isn't too much expensive, so don't pirate it please ! The creators put a lot of time in it, and it has wonderful characters, story and graphics ! And mini games too ^^

Some screenshot :
Attachments
Sans titre-1.jpg
Sans titre-1.jpg (117.35 KiB) Viewed 27042 times
Sans titre-1.jpg
Sans titre-1.jpg (136.21 KiB) Viewed 27042 times
Sans titre-1.jpg
Sans titre-1.jpg (130.97 KiB) Viewed 27042 times

Moon20
Regular

Re: Area-X [GxB][Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction]

#2 Post by Moon20 »

I have heard about it and i have it on my computer, its very intressing game to play, the game like good as X-note but much better

Mirage
Veteran

#3 Post by Mirage »

Moon20 wrote:I have heard about it and i have it on my computer, its very intressing game to play, the game like good as X-note but much better
You mean you have it but didn't buy it lol.

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#4 Post by Mini_Moshi »

Oh, I didn't realize it was out already! I loved X-note so I am definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Lucky-pon

#5 Post by Lucky-pon »

You're welcome ^_^
In fact, it has been out since June, but nobody talked about it on this forum, so this is why I only made this topic now.

Aquane
Veteran

#6 Post by Aquane »

This was a really good game :3 I got/played it about a month ago.. they really outdid themselves~ The only issue I really have with it was the true ending.. it kind of.. threw the whole plot of X-note out the window, like none of it mattered unless you see it as a stand alone game. xD Won't say much more on it, or I'd have to spoiler tag it. I do like how they went back to the whole medieval thing for part of the game, the art style suits it so much. I also loved seeing Rexus back and getting to know what his story really was :3 and
toddler Essi
was adorable!

Yeah.. overall.. its now one of my favorite otome games~ I like ones that don't delve too deep into romance, it is a bit refreshing to see that type of game. Not to say I don't love me some kissy lovey scenes, just hard to come by ones that aren't getting cliche'.

Ordog
Regular

#7 Post by Ordog »

I tried playing the downloaded demo, but it doesn't work. The online version works well though.
The version you buy is like the downloadable one ? Because if I buy it and it doesn't work... (Or does a full online version also exist ?)

Roxie
Regular
Projects: Assess K, Mizuchi
Organization: Aikasa Collective, Altabe Studio
itch: aikasacolle

#8 Post by Roxie »

Did you unzip the file first? Yes the full version you can buy will also be zipped. And no, a full online version doesn't exist.
ImageImage
Assess K (VN Adventure Game) LSF Thread | Mizuchi (GxG VN) LSF Thread | Honest Critique
[Proofreader, Beta-Tester]
Razz Art Visual - Starlight Vega [Co-writer]
Roseverte - Cafe-0, Duplicity, East Tower, How to Take Off Your Mask; Bakufu - Love Sniper
Zeiva Inc. - Train of Afterlife, OASE, X-Note, Area-X, Voices from the Sea, Natural - Beyond Nature, Dragon Essence, Anicon - Cat

Ordog
Regular

#9 Post by Ordog »

Yup, of course I had, but the "link" which has to be opened in a browser was by default opened in my music player. I'm just not used to this kind of exe. file ^^"

Thanks !

The demo was cute and all, but still too short for me to want to buy the game.
(The last time I had bought games because the very short demo was "cute & interesting", ended up disappointing me greatly, so... I'll probably wait to read reviews on it)

Roxie
Regular
Projects: Assess K, Mizuchi
Organization: Aikasa Collective, Altabe Studio
itch: aikasacolle

#10 Post by Roxie »

If you see the html file, double click that one, it should open up in your browser. Or you can right click the swf file (or drag) and have it open into a browser, preferably Chrome.
ImageImage
Assess K (VN Adventure Game) LSF Thread | Mizuchi (GxG VN) LSF Thread | Honest Critique
[Proofreader, Beta-Tester]
Razz Art Visual - Starlight Vega [Co-writer]
Roseverte - Cafe-0, Duplicity, East Tower, How to Take Off Your Mask; Bakufu - Love Sniper
Zeiva Inc. - Train of Afterlife, OASE, X-Note, Area-X, Voices from the Sea, Natural - Beyond Nature, Dragon Essence, Anicon - Cat