who would like to see Sakura Taisen in English?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Eiji
Regular

who would like to see Sakura Taisen in English?

#1 Post by Eiji »

I've seen some petitions on the Anipike about having "Sakura Wars" translated and released in the US..

anyone else think thats good?
"Who's the more foolish? the Fool? or the Fool who follows him?" -- Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

"if you could tune into the fantasy life of a 9 year old girl, you can make a fortune in this buisness" -- George Lucas

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#2 Post by rioka »

I'm not too familiar with the game but I've seen the anime series. The graphics for the game are nice if I remember the ads in Newtype correctly. :?

Anyways, I'm not adverse to any game being translated and re-released abroad. There were petitions several years back for the Slayers games to be translated and re-released as well. I think it would've been done if Lina didn't have all her spells at the beginning of the game and had more of the traditional RPG aspects of leveling up and so forth.

Who are the petitioner's asking to translate the games? Their best bet would be to ask Working Designs. They're an indepent company who specializes in translating and re-releasing games in English. One of their better known games is the Lunar series. They're releasing Gowlanser soon which is an awesome series stemming from the Langrisser games back in the Super Famicon that unfortunately never made it to English... ;_; *sniff*

...Now if only the rest of Shining Force III was translated and released in English.... 8)