English dating game!

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Ecchi Tiff
Regular

English dating game!

#1 Post by Ecchi Tiff »

Was just browing through Gamespot and stumbled across this DS title:
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/crush/index.html

Obviously, it's still in development, but just thought you guys here would be interested.
Kyra: "You can kiss my acetabulum!"
Lord Pathos: "Hmm, tempting offer, coming from a cute girl like you."
Kyra: "Ug, I think I'm gonna be sick. Tom, let's get this quy, quick!"

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

*stupid question*

What's the DS?

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#3 Post by rioka »

:shock: ....You...don't....know..? :shock:

DS (dual-screen) is the new handheld being brought out by Nintendo this month. It has twin color screens, one being touch sensitive, has wireless connectivity, and a headphone and microphone jacks. It's backwards compatible and is about the same size of the ol' GBA.
Close-up image at GameSpot

...You at least know about PSP, right? ;)

Piroshiki
Regular

#4 Post by Piroshiki »

Nintendo DS, some new portable gaming system coming out soon. Stands for Dual Screen, or something like that...

As for the game... It's not really new, but I must state it again: jeebus, the character design is scary ._. Plus, the whole thing looks... well, pretty mediocre, featuring what could easily be a story for some yarugee. Which is scary, seeing as that title will probably play a huge part in the future of bishoujo games ouside of Japan, wether for good or for ill...

[edit] Ah, well, Eclipse types faster than me...
I'm not a meat bun ~nya

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#5 Post by rioka »

For a company that's never done a dating sim before, it's not bad, imo. The game let's you play as either a male or female so it won't be just for guys or gals, has about 50 events or "missions" as they call it (couldn't that have described it better? <.<' ), you can see your character as well as the other character you're chasing (or avoiding), and the animation of the characters (full body and not just eyes and mouth) look pretty smooth. ...Of course, game play and story will rule out in the end but the specs look decent.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

Found another dating sim for the DS

#6 Post by rioka »

It looks like there's another dating sim for the DS called Feel the Magic: XY/XX made by Sega. It sounds much better than Sprung (quote from GameSpot)
In the game, you take the role of an average guy with a crush on a nice-looking girl. To get her attention, the guy joins a performance group named Rub Rabbits (or possibly Love Rabbits--the two words are pronounced identically in Japanese, which is where the game's original name "Project Rub" came from).

From the demo presented at the event, Kimishine played like a collection of minigames. You'll have to stab the stylus at raging bulls that dash toward you, or you'll have to gently brush the girl to get rid of dirt on her clothes. One of the most amusing games was a screen with a candle in which you actually blew at the candle's fire to blow it out. Naka would not comment on how it was done, because "It would be like telling the secret behind a magic trick," he said at the conference. (The minigame in question uses the DS's microphone input, it was revealed later.)
If you can, check out the official trailer at Gamespot which shows the raging bulls, blowing out the candle, regurgitating goldfish, and the oh-so-catchy music among other things. XD

#7 Post by Guest »

Hmm, I don't know about all these hand held consoles but to me their a scandle. I mean, a PDA is a lot more powerfull in the right hands.

I could port the Cami Tamagotchi I made onto PDA (I have been thinking about doing this for a while now) so it can be carried around. :P

LiX
Regular

#8 Post by LiX »

Yeah sorry guest is me I forgot to login.

Tage
Regular

#9 Post by Tage »

I've never seen a PDA that could play nice 3D graphics for $150 n.n but then again, I don't shop around for PDAs, nor have I seen many, lol

#10 Post by Guest »

Well, there is the Tapwave Zodiac, which I owned until the joystick broke. It probably offers the best 3d graphics on a PDA, but the Sony PSP blows it out of the water (besides, the Zodiac is a very small time player and has trouble getting developers). Also, the PSP now has some PDA qualities like mp3 and video playback and picture viewing. Unless you need a PDA for business applications, I would say the PSP is where it's at.