Work in Progress (Salty Salty Studios)

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Work in Progress (Salty Salty Studios)

#1 Post by gekiganwing » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:39 am

This visual novel was originally called Salty Tears, and was added to the EVN Developer list some time ago. It has been in the conceptual phase since spring 2012, updating now and then. However, I don't think it has a thread here on Lemma Soft just yet. So... why am I mentioning it now? Because a new demo has just been released, and has been added to the official site. If you prefer torrents, then use the links in the group's relevant Twitter post.

As the group's website clearly states, this is a community college story about a guy who's struggling through academia. I looked through their blog for a couple minutes in order to find more plot details, and didn't have much success. One post from two years ago stated that the main character Oliver "...finds himself in the middle of a tug-of-war between two girls and their attempts to recruit him for their on-campus clubs," but that's the most concise statement that I could find. It seems to be a boy x girl romance story, but I could be wrong.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Re: Work in Progress (Salty Salty Studios)

#2 Post by Anna » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:09 pm

As I thought, it's a pretty fun demo (although I still want to give Oliver a piece of my mind). The menu buttons and overall look make me jealous~

Ben Ayoo
Regular
Completed: The coin and the gun
Organization: Ben Studio

#3 Post by Ben Ayoo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:23 pm

I still haven't gone through the whole demo yet. I like the beginning. The menu buttons and GUI kinda reminds me of Katawa Shoujo.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question
Projects: Slumberland

#4 Post by Donmai » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Well, that "work in progress" has finally got a title: it's now called Twofold. There's no new demo released, unfortunately.
Ben Ayoo wrote:The menu buttons and GUI kinda reminds me of Katawa Shoujo.
Looking at the credits page it's easy to understand why. There are some known names there, under "special thanks to". Also, see this thread on KS forum: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9744
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

lath

#5 Post by lath » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Went through the demo today. It has good art and texty dialogue. If it ever gets finished, it will be a visual delight.