Heart no Kuni no Alice, in English (iOS, Android)

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Heart no Kuni no Alice, in English (iOS, Android)

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

An iOS version of Heart no Kuni no Alice ~ Wonderful Wonder World was made earlier this year. Just recently, an English version was made, called Alice in the Heart. It's currently on the US iTunes Store, as well as on Google Play.

The app is technically free. However, in order to read any of the full stories, a purchase will be necessary. It's being sold as both individual character routes, and as an entire package. Furthermore, a person can buy voiced or unvoiced versions. Individual characters are $5 US without voices, or $7 with. The entire game is $25 US without voices, or $38 with.

Also, Marchen Translations was actively working on translating a Windows remake called Anniversary no Kuni no Alice. Comments posted during June 2014 indicate that the group is still active. I don't know when they will post another update, or if they will continue...

Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

Re: Heart no Kuni no Alice, in English (iOS, Android)

#2 Post by Chibi Subaru »

I'm so happy to finally play one of these Heart no Kuni no Alice games in English. I've been reading the manga series and really like the characters.

The game is 1 GB, so make sure you have space on your phones and pads and also to note, it can take a long time to download. I was playing the prologue last night and I really hope they can get an editor to go in and fix the sentences. So many of them are badly translated that it starts to become a headache to read the game.

kyrie

#3 Post by kyrie »

The translation seems awful so I'm going to wait until it gets edited some :/

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by try10 »

Couldn't they release the game in english for PC? It would be better this way...

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#5 Post by Fungii »

This was...kinda annoying to hear, to be honest. I'm always glad to hear more otome games being translated into english, but why in this awful voltage-esque method?

Then again, mobage otome games must be proving the best type, because they're the only kind I see regularly coming out in english nowadays (sans indie developers). I might just be frustrated as someone with a phone that can't run them very well.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

Gamertell was definitely not impressed with the translation.

I remember several eras which could be called the "bad old days" of visual novel translations. One was the first year or so of Mangagamer's releases -- if I recall correctly, they had quite a few typos, awkward phrases, and inconsistencies. I believe that Hirameki International's early products had similar problems.

Be sure to politely send a message to Artmove Inc. Let them know that you want more stories in English, but only if they have been checked for grammar and coherence. Ask them if they're willing to update the app.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#7 Post by Vatina »

Lol I find it funny that I learned about this release just after reading this review of the remake version that this is based on: http://breadmasterlee.com/2014/02/09/ab ... sed-world/

Then again I greatly dislike that Voltage-esque method as Fungii calls it, so I won't be getting it.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Heart no Kuni no Alice, in English

#8 Post by gekiganwing »

Today, I learned two things:

1. Apparently, the company Artmove / Quinrose "suspended business" during September 2015. I don't recall if their visual novel Alice in the Heart was removed from Google Play or iTunes shortly afterwards. From what I recall, I saw it listed on Google Play as recently as 2016, though I could be wrong. However, as of this writing, that English localization is no longer for sale on either store.

2. However, the fan translation group Marchen Translations is active, and still working on the Windows version of Anniversary no Kuni no Alice. They just released a partial patch.