Hakuoki ported to iOS and Android!

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Hakuoki ported to iOS and Android!

#1 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Hey, folks! Just saw this on Crunchyroll! Hakuoki is a popular otome VN that was released on the PSP a few years ago. I've never played it, but it's something I've heard a bit about and I'm thinking of giving it a try. Anyway, the game's been ported to iOS and Android, and includes a new scenario and new art.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... nd-android
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: Hakuoki ported to iOS and Android!

#2 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Ahhhh! Amazing!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#3 Post by KittyKatStar »

I bought it for 3DS and loved it.

It's basically what I consider a great introduction to the otome genre? It's not heavy on the romance at all, and focuses more on plot and action.

Laluune
Regular

#4 Post by Laluune »

It's a great series! I played it on the PSP. I recommend Hijikata, Heisuke, Saito's routes (in that order) if you decide to buy the routes separately. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and you'll probably make some bad choices along the way (and the appropriate choices can seem pretty bad too haha) but the CGs are gorgeous and the characters are well developed. I hope you like it :)