Fate Stay Night [UBW patch; DS demo; about downloads...]

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Fate Stay Night [UBW patch; DS demo; about downloads...]

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

Today the official Mirrormoon patch of the Unlimited Blade Works route in Fate/Stay Night appeared. This is not an October 07 version -- it should be up to date. No more searching on imageboards for files which may be full of errors, or worse yet, trojan horses. W00t!

Here's something odd I stumbled across: "...an abridged version of the Fate/Stay Night trial edition to the DS - it's a demo, essentially, but it's the translated English patched version, so take what you can get..." [quote from insert credit]

Well. I honestly never expected to see someone port a fan translated demo of an H-game to another system. Especially one which isn't a computer operating system. And especially since the Nintendo DS requires flash cards in order to run anything other than official games. I dunno if that's a good idea... :?

Something else remarkable: while searching, I read a message on a homebrew DS site that talked about this project. It stated, "The game [F/SN demo on DS] has been downloaded almost 1,000 times! Thanks, but now I'm running out of bandwidth!" That seems remarkable. I recall someone saying that renai.us only gets a modest amounts of traffic. And most of the games on renai.us will work on Windows, which I'd think would be a much more common platform than the DS... Is it the novelty of this project? Is someone thinking that this demo would have H-scenes? (Not likely.)

renkenjutsu
Regular

Re: Fate Stay Night [UBW patch; DS demo; about downloads...]

#2 Post by renkenjutsu »

FINALLY! Unlimited Blade Works path is translated! *dances*
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...

GLACIER
Regular

#3 Post by GLACIER »

Something else remarkable: while searching, I read a message on a homebrew DS site that talked about this project. It stated, "The game [F/SN demo on DS] has been downloaded almost 1,000 times! Thanks, but now I'm running out of bandwidth!" That seems remarkable. I recall someone saying that renai.us only gets a modest amounts of traffic. And most of the games on renai.us will work on Windows, which I'd think would be a much more common platform than the DS... Is it the novelty of this project?
It's probably the novelty, as well as the popularity of Fate/Stay Night.
Is someone thinking that this demo would have H-scenes? (Not likely.)
The demo is just a prologue, right? I doubt there's adult content, although full-blown eroge conversions (Gameboy Advance) do exist in Japan.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#4 Post by papillon »

Even bigname jp games that aren't available in English have more brand identity infiltration than your typical oel renpy title. :)

that is, more people have heard of fate stay night and are searching for it.

RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

#5 Post by RidleyWright »

Oh hells yeah! Finally!!11 Good thing I'm on break from university for this week. But... there goes my plans to study... :'< Oh well.

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Adorya »

There is a sad story behind this release, with team struggles and a leak, but finally the patch was released, along with the ability to transpose the voices from the PS2 port Real Nualta into the PC game. Kudo to MM.

Also there is to note that this is the 3rd translation patch of FSN, the 1st was the demo translation which is a slightly modified intro of the game to serve as a teaser, the 2nd was the full translation of the Fate route, and here we are with the translation of the Unlimited Blade Works route.

I also heard that they are already at 50% in the last route, Heaven Feel, I think I will wait a bit until the full patch :mrgreen:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#7 Post by mikey »

A technical question, are the 3 stories self-contained (autonomous), or are there links between them?

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#8 Post by bloodywyvern »

The three routes are inevitably connected by the same premise, the only difference comes from how the "Holy Grail War" plays out. The course of events, and therefore the resulting consequences and decisions are based off which route you are following. Each one reveals more about a particular plot that might only be scratched upon in the other two. They are connected, but very different.

With that said...UBW is epic...and I will never be able to properly love a woman as long as Rin Tohsaka exists -.- Haha jk, but she is literally the cutest girl I've ever seen *cough* anyway...stayed up all night to finish o.o 10 hours...and I'm a fast reader.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by gekiganwing »

I heard about the FSN demo and the Fate patch. Since there's three routes in FSN, I *think* this means about 2/3 of the game is translated.

Looking at the site of the group responsible for the demo DS port, I also noticed they created a demo of Snatcher (an influential adventure game from Konami and Hideo Kojima). Interesting.

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#10 Post by Enerccio »

ds demo of f/sn will be so weak compared to kirikiri
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

#11 Post by RidleyWright »

Yeah, I finally managed to finish UBW. Man, that sure was great. Not gonna really talk about it since it would imply clicking over the spoiler button to add the spoiler tags and I'm really lazy right now. I'd like to talk about one thing though, that really surprised me. The Fate route had already a stupid line, which made me laugh a lot, so it was a surprise to see something similar in UBW route. I'm going to post my two print screens about it, since it's not even spoilerish, and for me, at least, it was funny.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this path. It'll probably be the best one for me, also because I don't really like Sakura. :roll:

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#12 Post by bloodywyvern »

Yeah I don't really care for Sakura either, she's ok...and I'll definitely play her route...but NO one beats Rin. NO ONE!

As for the "rofl" moments, let me try to explain them a bit.
They do create a sort of LOL moment, but when you look in the context of what's happening the lines actually make perfect sense. Shirou is a rather peculair person, in the sense he doesn't really care much about himself. In that way he doesn't care what's happening to him, so long as what he's doing helps someone else. This puts him at great risk, and without any magic ability...he's beaten up a lot. By disturbing the fight between Lancer and Archer he's basically killed once there as well, but still does it. So basically:

The first screen shot: Is his realization that he's pushing himself too hard, with no useful skill besides projection to fall back on, and therefore incapable of recovering from wounds. Well we know he CAN recover, due to...you know, but yeah no need to say that.

The second: Rin is trying to drill it in for him, because despite realizing it...well he's a dunce and can't seem to change his ways.
I just felt the need to say that, since Nasu writes so wonderfully enough to actually make those lines work when you look at it.

On another note...anyone who likes the FSN music, I highly recommend the White Avalon album. It's got a ton of remixed tracks, and many of them done absolutely beautifully.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Adorya »

Don't care about Sakura either but just want to read some of Rider's awesomeness in this specific part :roll: