PK Girl

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

PK Girl

#1 Post by musical74 »

I know enough people have played it based on responses to other posts; thought it would be a good topic to discuss the PK Girl and all aspects of it!

What do you like about it? Dislike about it? Anyone want to post a walkthrough on how to win each girl? Or tips on how to get past certain areas?

I'll start!

Overall I think PK girl is a WONDERFUL game...it is written very well and all of the characters have some kind of personality - I know games where the main characters have personalities and everyone else is essentailly the same person with different sprites. It can be a BIT confusing at time but I always had an idea of where to go or what to do. Another very neat aspect of it is that your character's actions directly relate to how everyone responds, and how they will react later depending on their friendship with you =)

Dislike: not much! I think my only real gripe are why does Jerrick's pals give me directions to his place and it is ALWAYS locked? doesn't seem to matter which choice I choose when I spot Jerrick at the plaza...it's always the same...locked! minor gripes are I don't know HOW to take Cassie on the date <I ask about it but don't know how to actually GO on the date!> or what I'm supposed to do when Monika is hanging around the plaza.

Overall, a VERY good game...little frustrating but what game isn't when you are learning a game? It is well done and certainly worth keeping in my book =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#2 Post by mikey »

I'll have to play it once more I guess, I had some problems with running Adrift 4...

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#3 Post by Otaku Dash »

I was wondering when i thread like this would appear! :D

Pk girl really good game..... Its those kind of games that makes you want to play it again since there is always something that you missed :)

Like: The characters have carisma and their own personalities defined. Like musical siad it can be a bit difficult to know what to do next.... but when you get the hang of it and start looking for all kinds of events and all the girls you notice that you are linked to the storyline but you have moments of "free will".

Deslike: There really isn't much to point...... i get a bit mad when i'm always trying to get a girl and i miss and get the basic ending... *remembers the time that I needed only 1 point to get the ending with Laurie* :x :P But that is due to the all kinds of actions you can do...so that dosen't count like something bad i think....

Got Endings with: Katryn

Hey Musical! Were you able to find Saffy with the indications i gave you? If you haven't seen the post yet go to the "Any Free Non-H dating sims" thread.

Ok...to help you with the problems you have (contains spoilers):

1 - Jerricks house: To get to Jerricks house wait till Jerrick friends give you the indications to his house. Then go to see Ethan about the password...he says that he is having problems decoding it. Go to Jerricks house now and knock on the door. Jerrick will open the door and let you in....follow him and when he gets the phone and says for you to wait....ignore him (who listens to Jerrick anyway!?! :D :P) and go to the western part of the house and you'll see a girl....she is Josie, Jerricks sister (another girl HUZZAA!! :D). Jerrick will then give you an envelope with a voulcher inside.......then he "expels" you from his house. Go to the mall and go to the software shop...use the voulcher to purchase the "dictionary of 100 Languages". Go to Ethans and give him the software you bought. It won't have much effect now...but later this action will give it fruits..... now you can proceed with the history. :D

2 - Monika in the mall/Cassie Date: When Katryn leaves you in the Cafe go out an you'll find Dustin (if you met him in the bar when trying to save Cassie). After talking to him meet Monika....she is probably in the tomato stand. Talk to her and and respond (i sugest saying "i love fajitas") keep talking to her until you get to ask if she wants go go home with ya. If you ask that she will go with you to the motobike and ride home (you can't go anywhere except Monikas house if you ask to take her home). When you reach home Monika says that she is going to make dinner....talk right away with Cassie and she will ask you to go to the plaza. (you won't be able to cook with monika if you do that) :D

Btw...you know about the love charms? The ones that Bengte is selling in the plaza? They actually work...write the name of the girl you want and you'll get +5 points relationship with that girl in the ending...

There.... i hope this helps you with your problems. :D

Btw... can anyone help me get Monikas ending? I seem to fail at helping her at doing the dinner (i have the fajita sauce)
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by musical74 »

Well as I got the ending with Monika, I'll help ya out...besides you helped me out in getting Saffy =) Thank you for the help, Otaku Dash! =)

*spoiler alert for Monika*

When you first have a chance to say something to her, she will ask you to take the mattress to the lower bedroom. Immediately after that follow Monika upstairs and she will ask if everything is OK...tell you you wanted to thank her for letting you stay the night and you will get a few points for that.

When you meet her at the plaza, talk to her and ask if she would like a ride. When she asks if you like fajitas, be enthusiastic about it, and also help Monika with the cooking. During the course of making dinner, talk to her a lot, and comment that you like cooking, love making dinners, and comment about girls having to watch their weight. I mentioned that guys need to keep an eye on their weight too and asked Monika if she liked me, but maybe asking her if she thinks I'm nice will have a better effect. After Cassie whines that she's starving talk to Monika and she will burn her hand...open the freezer and get the peas, and put them on Monika's hand *LOVED Laurie walking in and assuming the wrong thing, and Monika's reaction to it!* Don't think hugging or kissing her does anything tho. Also had the love charm for Monika and that gave me a score of 52...somewhat easy IF you play domestic minded.

*End spoiler for Monika*

Now....where is the baseball\cue ball so I have something to throw with Josie and where is the mircowave transmitter, and the syringe? And regarding the *AMOST get it* part...44 on Katryn...GRRR...maybe post a thing on how to get Katryn's ending?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#5 Post by Otaku Dash »

Hey no prob Musical! :D Glad i could help...quoting you sig "In helping others, you in turn you help yourself" :D

Thaks for the help with monika!
The real problem i have with Monika is that i don't really know how to help her cook. I type "Help monika cook" and what i get is "How do you intend to help?" or something like that...... :P

Ok here is some help on some of your problems *spoiler alert* :

1- Cue ball/baseball: I can't help you much here..... i know that they are key items for guetting Josie s ending.... the cue ball you can get it in the pool room in the bar.... as for the baseball...i think its the rusty pail but i forgot where to find it.....sorry :(

2- Syringe: No idea where to find it...don't know its use either....yet again sorry :(

NOTE TO ALL: Huge spoiler alert on Katryns ending! If you want to get Katryns ending all by yourself i suggest NOT reading this part. You all have been warned... :) :P

3- Katryns ending/microwave transmitter: Ok... to get Katryn with as much score as possible you must succeed in find Dustin....he is in the bar when you try to save Cassie. Talk to him and tell him about the Kidnapping...he says that he will help you but he needs something for you to do. When you save Cassie DON'T save Saffie (i heard that to get her ending she is supposed to save you from Octals train trap instead of Katryn if you mange to save her). When you meet katryn for the first time in the cafe, she says you are atractive so respond the same way saying she is too. Continue the conversation withough saying she is in Octals plans (kidnapper etc..). Exit the cafe and you'll meet Dustin. Talk to him and he will say that he wants Giant Magnets. Foward, escape all by yourself from Octals trap by kicking the crates and climbing on top of the one that falls. If you manage that, go by foot to monikas and you'll get an event with katryn. When she asks if you want a ride say yes and don't push her away when she comes to you (in sum be nice to her...don't treat her like a kidnapper). In the Chapter before the ending, enter the research facility and you will meet Dustin. He says that he has taken care of the soldiers and that you must find the magnets for him. If i'm not mistaken its on room E in the south part of the facility. Search the devices in there and you should find the magnets (if not try searching the same way in all rooms A-E). Give them to Dustin and he says that he will take care of everything with Octal. Now open the lockers on all rooms. You will find notes regarding PK analisis and in one of them is the microwave transmitter. Go to the room Laurie is held. Katryn should appear. Try talking to her until she ask wich is more beautifull Laurie or her. Say her. Exit that room and go east. Instead of going to the control room go all the way north until you find the fire extinguisher. Go to the control room and you will find Chadwick. He will start to use his Pk ablity and make you head hurt. Turn on the Microwave transmitter OR use the fire extinguisher on him, then punch or kick him. Katryn will appear so talk to her. Then hug her and after that kiss her. Press the ladder switch and the barrier switch. Go to laurie and take off the inhibitor band from her. Go out and you will meet Dustin. He will start talking to Katryn...when the go west follow them. Katryn will give you the PK battery and after that she will climb the ladder to the roof. Follow her. Dustin and Octal are talking and the start to fight. Go behind the satelite dish when Laurie says that if she had something to use against Octal give her the PK battery. Then Octal will try to hit Luarie and she will ask for help. Don't stand idle in the part and punch him. You will fight Octal and he will throw you down on the floor. Give octal an headbutt and he will run to the chopper. After Laurie uses the Pk battery she and katryn will ask you what to to to Octal. Pick up the inhibitor band and put it on Octal. There! That should suffice to get Katryns ending... having the love charm helps too! :D

There i hope that helps with some of your problems Musical! :wink: Again thanks for the help with Monika. :D
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Megaman Z

#6 Post by Megaman Z »

Otaku Dash wrote: Ok here is some help on some of your problems *spoiler alert* :

1- Cue ball/baseball: I can't help you much here..... i know that they are key items for guetting Josie s ending.... the cue ball you can get it in the pool room in the bar.... as for the baseball...i think its the rusty pail but i forgot where to find it.....sorry

2- Syringe: No idea where to find it...don't know its use either....yet again sorry
okay, here's how you get the syringe and what it's used for (spoiler):
when in the office building room with the box, examine the desk. take the mug from the desk. proceed to behind the furniture and wait until one of the kidnappers pulls out a syringe. after that happens, throw the mug at the kidnappers (one down, +3 points to cassie), punch the second (two down, another +3 points to cassie), and either dodge or kick the third kidnapper. (all three down, 9/9 possible points to cassie at this time). go ahead and take the device (examine kidnappers first, and you'll see it) and move out from behind the furniture. (i think it's west) on the floor should be the syringe you're looking for. it's use, however, is redundant: move north 1 room from where you picked it up and unlock the door with the syringe.

the baseball requires a little bit of thinking outside the box, though...

solution to baseball problem:
to my knowledge, there is no baseball. find something else to use instead of a baseball. check the bar EVERY time you can. examine the room (and surfaces like the pool table, etc.) and you should (eventually) find a ball. take it, show it to Josie when she asks you to throw a baseball (she'll say you can use the billiard ball instead of a baseball), and then THROW BILLIARD BALL. (also at the bar is some money behind the trophies... I think.)

hope that helps.

Random Guy off the Street

#7 Post by Random Guy off the Street »

Just a quick question: is there a limit to the number of saves you can do? I keep getting a "you're doing rubbish anyway" message everytime I try and it just won't save!

It's rather irritating, to say the the least...can anyone help me?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#8 Post by Megaman Z »

Random Guy off the Street wrote:Just a quick question: is there a limit to the number of saves you can do? I keep getting a "you're doing rubbish anyway" message everytime I try and it just won't save!

It's rather irritating, to say the the least...can anyone help me?
what have you done progresswise? I haven't come across this at all in ANY adrift game.
(am currently reinstalling the ADRIFT engine... DLL's got corrupted :( )
~Kitsune Zeta

Rebochan

#9 Post by Rebochan »

Well, I'm working my way through PK Girl for the second time and trying to get a special ending (probably Katryn, because I'd done so well with her that she was a 40 at the end without even a love charm!). Does anyone know what giving Samson the Tattoo Digest does for you? Does it affect an event with the girls?

MMZ

#10 Post by MMZ »

it does. check the official site's hint section. if that doesn't help solve it at all, post back here. it's required for the ending involving a girl you may not meet at all. (hint: syringe)

-MMZ, too lazy to login...

Rebochan

#11 Post by Rebochan »

Thank, I was actually wondering where that last animal was (even found the plaza one!)

Now, a new one. I know some people asked about the billiard ball, but I'm still having trouble finding it at the bar. I've checked on the pool table and under the pool table both evenings, nothing. I even tried to look inside the trophies, but that did nothing. The bar tender just says all the pool stuff was stolen, and none of the other people know anything. Is there something I'm missing?

I've found most everything else I need at this point, and actually unlocked two endings at once last playthrough (Katryn and Monika - and they just showed Monika after all that angst at the end! GRR!). I've figured out the other girls by this point, just Josie is a little tricky because of her limited times for interaction.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#12 Post by Megaman Z »

okay, I'm back... (after giveing Rio... hold on a sec... 500... 1000... ah, I don't know how many voice commands; fifteen continues [sixteen counting when the game locked up; seventeen counting fighting the final boss alongside Rio]; and two cracks at big, blue, winged and ugly [not giving it's actual name, that's a spoiler!]; three unsuccessful attempts at getting the ARMAX to work with the game [interestingly enough, the "Damaged leather suit" code works... *shrugs shoulders*]; and reloading the last save point because I forgot to save the clear data; I finally beat Lifeline AND saved the clear data. YES!) the solution to your pool table problem is simply to check the bar every chance you have and forget the "E[x]amine pool table" command. I think it's the cue ball you're after.

[update: the exact voice command count, as per my clear data, is 2732 commands. I think it's possible to get by with about 1000, but that's assuming you know exactly where to go, where to shoot, what to grab, and not counting the battles.]
~Kitsune Zeta

shizuka

#13 Post by shizuka »

Megaman Z wrote:okay, I'm back... (after giveing Rio... hold on a sec... 500... 1000... ah, I don't know how many voice commands; fifteen continues [sixteen counting when the game locked up; seventeen counting fighting the final boss alongside Rio]; and two cracks at big, blue, winged and ugly [not giving it's actual name, that's a spoiler!]; three unsuccessful attempts at getting the ARMAX to work with the game [interestingly enough, the "Damaged leather suit" code works... *shrugs shoulders*]; and reloading the last save point because I forgot to save the clear data; I finally beat Lifeline AND saved the clear data. YES!) the solution to your pool table problem is simply to check the bar every chance you have and forget the "E[x]amine pool table" command. I think it's the cue ball you're after.
I just went to the pool table and looked in the holes [x pool table \ x hole] (ie. pockets) in the pool table

EDIT: another interesting note: you can steal stuff and get away with it... mostly. I'm not sure this is the only place they can catch you, but when the cops bust you when you try to ride the motorcycle, you can drop all of your items *except one* and let them confiscate only one of your items. If you don't have any items, the cops won't bust you, but you won't have any items anyway. Also, I'm not sure the cops get pissed if you steal again - I stole the digital dictionary and blouse after getting busted for stealing a beer, and they never cared.

Rebochan: how many points for Josie? I've found 51 only.
Having trouble getting Bengte's ending. 33 points. AGH!

Some kid in trouble

Getting Bengte's ending

#14 Post by Some kid in trouble »

So far on Bengte:
I have given Bengte a fajita, toast, a granola bar, a muffin, a deli sandwich, a croissant, an umbrella, the jewelry box, and a tomato.
I have also bought a charm with her name on it.
I only have 38 points, I have no idea on what to do now.
Please help me! :cry:

Some kid in trouble

found it!

#15 Post by Some kid in trouble »

I finally found the answer,
I needed to give Bente the painting, a pillow in Monika's house, and the RNOTM and RVOTM notifications.