Until Dawn

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

Until Dawn

#1 Post by somestrangecircus »

I haven't gotten to physically play this myself, as I am too poor to have a PS4, but I've seen videos and it looks awesome. I love the story focus and the fact that they do consequential decisions a lot better than Telltale Games. And I like the ability to murder characters I dislike.

What do you guys think?

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

Re: Until Dawn

#2 Post by Kate »

It seems awesome, though I recently watched it and its sort of a similar premise to my (much simpler) visual novel project, Blackout. I mean, mine doesn't have any supernatural or strangers in it, but two characters share the same names (Josh and Ashley, different social roles though!)

I watched Markiplier's play through. It was entertaining since the butterfly effect is fascinating and honestly I think the game was just gorgeous. Also, loved the voice acting. But I did agree with some of the criticism that some of the choices seemed to have little effect and the relationships between characters menu only mattered when you
refused to save someone
or
shot a certain
character... They could have done so much more with it.
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

FDQ
Projects: A Scent Of Rubine. Tails You Lose. First Time
Deviantart: FDQ

#3 Post by FDQ »

I haven't played it myselg but I've seen two different playthroughs by friends and it's been amazing both times! Can highly recommend it! I hope they make more games like Until Dawn!
WIP: A Scent Of Rubine

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#4 Post by Kate »

I watched behind the scenes stuff and I was actually kind of appalled at some of the butterfly effect writing. Why does shooting a squirrel impact remembering to turn a flashlight off?

Still, I love the dialogue. Not the choices so much, but I thought the characters were true to themselves and Jess' transformation after falling down the shaft was really incredible. I'd say those characters did succeed at being dynamic...
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer