al|together 2008 Day 3: The Letter

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
ChocoEd

al|together 2008 Day 3: The Letter

#1 Post by ChocoEd »

Third in the lineup for al|together 2008 is "The Letter" (original title "手紙") from the circle P.o.l.c., translated by insani's own Seung Park. A little bit of nostalgia, a little bit of magic, and you end up with a piece that won a "recommended" rating from NaGIsa, a respected independent reviewer of freeware visual novels.

Downloads are available for both Windows and Mac, so enjoy! Note that the accompanying essays on the site can contain spoilers, so you may want to play it through before reading them.

http://altogether.insani.org/2008/3.html

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: al|together 2008 Day 3: The Letter

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

Well, it's not moe, it's not bishoujo, and it's not ren'ai, but I still think this was great. I think so far, I like this and Crimsoness the best out of what's been released so far. I can't wait to see what you guys will release tomorrow. =3

Also, I hope more people will download and seed these titles so that other people can download them in the future.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

This was the first game of the festival that made me actually feel something when I read it. It's not without its flaws... There's no art, the menu choices don't matter, and perhaps the start of it is a bit too wordy. (Maybe not... maybe those words are needed to get you identifying with the character.)

But once it gets going, it manages to tell a tale of familial love, and that's an interesting thing for a VN to explore.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#4 Post by Hime »

I played The Letter today and in short: whoa, the game was lovely! Out of all the games of al|together 2008 that I've read (that being everything except May Sky) this perhaps was the most moving. :) It's a very beautiful story and in my opinion not too wordy either, so it's really worth the time it takes to play. So glad I played this! ^^