Which Ren'ai games would you trade your soul to be tranlated

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Gloranor
Regular

#16 Post by Gloranor »

I guess we have to update some UN-documents, since there is no mention of souldtrade there... *g*

The game that I would really like to be able to play is Fate/stay night... the translated demo was great, and half a chapter for explaining things with diagrams really sound like fun ;-)

Yeah, I know, I'm not really sane *g*

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#17 Post by papillon »

... and they have such lovely dolls of Saber, too... for those of us freaks who browse japanese auction sites looking for things that can't be found here. :)

She comes with sword and big gauntlets!

Gloranor
Regular

#18 Post by Gloranor »

*makes a Willpower savingthrow, DC 200* :lol:

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Mm, forbidden donut

#19 Post by gekiganwing »

Of the games I've heard about, thanks to Densetsu, Megatokyo forums, and so on, here's the ones on my wish list:

1. Air. After seeing seven episodes of the Air anime, I'm totally impressed. I was expecting it to be 100% angst, but it has a good plot, great characters, and even some humor. I'm using a Potato icon now, and I might borrow a Misuzu icon later.

On the other hand, I made an April Fool joke on my LJ about Insani releasing a translated demo of Air. In it, I asked, "It's good... but is this really all there is?" That was a serious question.

2. Refrain Blue. Only three OAVs were made, but they're really good. Easily the best *offscreen* love scene. So I'd like to see the original game.

3. Comic Party. At last, an untranslated game with an anime and manga spinoff that aren't just fan translations! (A Google search will bring up Tokyopop's comic translation in the #1 position.) Unlike the above two, Comic Party is quite funny. It has Taishi Kuhonbutsu in it... a true fan that every real fan can admire. ^_^

4. Green Green. Seen eleven anime episodes and one OAV. Not a scrap of originality, very little plot, and way way too much fanservice. It just screams "based on a hentai game." But I like it... not just because it -is- stupid, but because there's a little substance here and there, and even a little romance.

5. Sense Off. Story written by someone from Key (y'know, Kanon, Air...). Art by a different person, but definitely beautiful. Recommended by none other than Haeleth. Said to be have very mild love scenes, and to be very depressing. Not much else to say, other than that I'd give it a try.

6. Fill-in-the-blank "better" titles: a light RPG like Rhapsody but better. A light RPG like Thousand Arms but better. A light action RPG like Brave Soul but better.

8. Complete editions of Anonono or Footsteps of Spring (Haru no Ashioto). These are my favorite demos thus far from Insani.org. Plot, characterization, a mix of humor and drama, and not too much pandering.

7. Harunaka Toki No Naka De. Of the three or so girl-oriented games I can name, this one rises to the top because it has an anime TV spinoff, and because that spinoff has been getting good reviews even though it's supposed to be a lot like Fushigi Yugi. I'll look into it soon. (The other two I know are Tokimemo Girls Side and the Angelique series.)

So says the Taiyaki Fan.

Cazel
Regular

#20 Post by Cazel »

Hmmm... I think I'd like to see Da Capo. At little too much focus on semi-incest, but it has some great characters.

#21 Post by Guest »

very interesting...ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

12th_Nightmare

#22 Post by 12th_Nightmare »

Eiji wrote: -Sentimental Graffiti
I have to second Sentimental Graffiti.
I'm more or less addicted to the series.