Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:06 pm
Are there any VNs where a character is somehow unwilling/incapable to speak and uses nonverbal cues to communicate? If there are, do they portray the subject with respect or use it as a gimmick?
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:29 am
- Completed: Vincit, a faceless rest
- Projects: Le Héros de la Prophétie
- itch: nighten.itch.io
- Location: France
Bonjour! Shizune from Katawa Shoujo is a great example (and the only that I have) of a mute character. She's portray with a lot of respect, just like the other characters of the game. Do someone have another example?
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 2:29 am
- Completed: 0
- Projects: Unnamed Nekogirl War VN
- Organization: Unnamed
- Tumblr: superange128
- Location: Costa Mesa, CA, USA
I can think of a spoilery version in a popular VN but I dont want to say what it is because it's only in one route.
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1835
- Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 am
- Location: Your monitor
In the game Steins;Gate
, the character Kiryuu Moeka
is depicted as having sociophobia
While mainly a gimmick and in one branch, a plot motivator, the story does depict it in a fairly respectful manner.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 538
- Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:27 pm
- Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
- Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
- Tumblr: casting-dreams
- itch: castingdreams
- Location: USA
They do, and they're done through just the writing and not visual. It would take a lot of time and effort for a character to actually be able to speak sign language, because you'd have to have an artist draw them all out individually.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users