Anyone else here play Choices: Stories You Play (Endless Summer specifically)?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
SuperbowserX
Veteran

Anyone else here play Choices: Stories You Play (Endless Summer specifically)?

#1 Post by SuperbowserX »

For those unfamiliar: it's the spiritual successor (some of the same creators) to those old EA games: Cause of Death (iOS) and Surviving High School (iOS/Android). It's a collection of an actually rather diverse range of OELVNs; all of them share the same gameplay, but they are of a diverse range of themes from university love life (based off of Surviving High School), to contemporary murder mystery police procedural (based off of Cause of Death), to a variety of fantasy adventure games (like The Crown and The Flame).

I loved Most Wanted but unfortunately they haven't released it's second book in over a year and a half. However, I have recently become so hooked on Endless Summer (am on Book 3 just chapters away from being all caught up). It's basically a story of 12 people getting stuck on an island for a week long vacation but they soon discover something's wrong. (You may get Danganronpa/Zero Escape vibes from that description, and there are certainly similarities, but they're quite different so they aren't in the same vein.)

I was curious, are there any other Choices fans here? And more specifically, any Endless Summer fans here?

vnwriter

Re: Anyone else here play Choices: Stories You Play (Endless Summer specifically)?

#2 Post by vnwriter »

I do and absolutely LOVE all that they do. I am waiting for Book 2 for Most Wanted as well lol. Endless Summer has scratched that itch although I do miss Kenna and Dom from The Crown and The Flame.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Anyone else here play Choices: Stories You Play (Endless Summer specifically)?

#3 Post by Zelan »

I play Choices as well. I'm on Chapter 7 of Book 3 of Endless Summer. I could have been done already but I decided early on to get every single Ember of Hope; since I get the free diamonds instead of buying them it takes a rather long time.

Also joining the party of bitter Most Wanted fans. Even though the first book I started was TC&TF, Most Wanted was the first one I finished because it just hooked me. Now it seems like Pixelberry only ever mentions it to say "still on hiatus indefinitely."

Besides the three we've already mentioned, what books are everyone's other favorites? I'm usually not a fan of the horror genre, but I actually really enjoyed The Haunting of Braidwood Manor and It Lives In The Woods. I'm also liking Book 3 of The Royal Romance a lot more than I expected to.