Ever17 and Piece of Wonder Downloads

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
jaredhimself31

Ever17 and Piece of Wonder Downloads

#1 Post by jaredhimself31 »

Anyone have an idea if there are any complete versions of either Ever17 and Piece of Wonder availiable for download anywhere. I tried Googling both, but I with the try them for free demo versions of both games availiable in various downloadable formats. I find it somewhat frustrating to have to pay $25 for either if these games, if I want to get the full version of either one. :?

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

Re: Ever17 and Piece of Wonder Downloads

#2 Post by Enerccio »

in b4 lock, b&, rage and baww
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

Yes. It's terribly frustrating that you're not required to pay the full cost of what those games took to create.

OUTTA THE POOL. :mrgreen:

jaredhimself31

#4 Post by jaredhimself31 »

Okay, that's a perfectly valid point. I realize now that I was just getting frustrated earlier when I posted this, and wasn't really thinking right. It is true that the prices are reasonable, and all, the reason I was asking, is that currently I lack enough income, to be able to buy one or both of these, and still have enough spending money for the next couple of weeks. I did not intend for my post to get anyone riled up. I was simply curious if there were any other means of downloading a full version of those games.

jaredhimself31

#5 Post by jaredhimself31 »

Enerccio wrote:in b4 lock, b&, rage and baww
Umm...what does that mean? :?:

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#6 Post by papillon »

That he was expecting there to be a bunch of outraged screaming (rage, baww), that the thread would then get locked to shut us all up, and that you would potentially be banned (b& = b + and).

Seriously, there are plenty of free games out there. This site is full of free games! It's understandable that you can't always afford everything you want to play, but usually that means you just save up and wait until you CAN afford it, and until then, stick with games that are intended to be free. :)

Generally, if a game is for sale, there's not going to be a legal way to download it without paying anything. There may be different ways to pay for it and different prices depending on what store you check out, whether you can find a used copy, etc. And there may sometimes be special freebie giveaways, like a contest or something (I won a free copy of one of the Ever17 music CDs in a fanart contest) but those are special events that will probably only happen once, not something to be counted on.

jaredhimself31

#7 Post by jaredhimself31 »

Understood, and thank you for clearing that up. Like I said I didn't want to cause a riot. :D

Ren

#8 Post by Ren »

http://www.archonia.com/mangashop/EN/ar ... _infinity/

You can buy it here for a decent price. When I checked Amazon they had copies from 35$ (only one) to 130$.
Honestly, I don't see how you support the original creator by buying an overpriced copy of the game, it seems to me the only ones who are going to gain anything are those who kept it and saw the opportunity to resell it for an exaggerated price.

Lucky me, I got it when Hirameki had an offer for two games at the price of one. :P

littleramyun
Regular
Projects: Don't Go Saiyuri!

#9 Post by littleramyun »

My sister got Piece of Wonder for me for $10 on jlist.com, but I don't think they carry it anymore. I saw a few other dealers though that also had it for $10. Incredible price for a renai game. I think maybe the popularity of it has gone up since then and people are trying to scalp the game now.
Indie Game Localization and Distribution

Xenovent
Projects: The Lion and the Lamb

#10 Post by Xenovent »

I can't find Ever 17 English anywhere besides ebay (and that's for $133). I'd rather buy the Infinity Plus Collection and get all the Infinity Series for that price, even in Japanese!

...it's sad, but I guess that's what happens when the parent company goes under...
“The magic of Faërie is not an end in itself, its virtue is in its operations: among these are the satisfaction of certain primordial human desires. One of these desires is to survey the depths of space and time. Another is […] to hold communion with other living things.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

jaredhimself31

#11 Post by jaredhimself31 »

Thanks for the help so far, guess I'll just start saving up then :|

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#12 Post by Blue Lemma »

I know Jast is/was selling the Hirameki stuff really cheap, but I didn't see Ever17. That's just wrong... They should at least have a download version available to buy!
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#13 Post by Enerccio »

jaredhimself31 wrote:Thanks for the help so far, guess I'll just start saving up then :|
or you can wait till it will be an abandonware, ahahah
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Showsni »

Enerccio wrote:or you can wait till it will be an abandonware, ahahah
You'd have to wait for the copright holder to die and then another fifty years... Most "abandonware" is still technically illegal to distribute. If you want to steal it, I'm sure you could find torrents of Ever17 even now...

Perhaps you'll get lucky and find it at a used games shop?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#15 Post by papillon »

You'd have to wait for the copright holder to die and then another fifty years... Most "abandonware" is still technically illegal to distribute.
Well, in the case where a company is still around, they sometimes give away older games for free to promote their business. (Which isn't quite the same as abandonware, obviously.)

However, when you have licensing and cross-licensing and people going out of business and nobody knowing who owns the rights to what.... even if somebody wants to give it away, they can't.