WTF, Namco

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

WTF, Namco

#1 Post by JinzouTamashii »

We want Tales of Heart! We want Tales of Innocence! We want Tales of the Tempest! (sp)

Whine about your favorite Namco Tales games that never saw an English-localized release in this thread because of frugal, prudish higher-ups. D:
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: WTF, Namco

#2 Post by LVUER »

Too many that I don't remember any more. Translate some of Nakiri Dungeon too, Namco!

I think it's all because of money, perhaps Tales series didn't generate much income in West?

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Are you f***ing kidding me? Tales of Symphonia was the Nintendo GameCube release back in the day. It's the whole reason why I begged and wheedled at Christmas to get one.

Man, I hope I win that DarkSiders End of Days DA contest! Free PS3 or Wii or Xbox 360 for the win!

I would totally not murder someone to play the sequel to ToS, Dawn of the New World or Knights of the Ratatosk or whatever they ended up calling it. Appease my bulging curiosity... what happens to Presea? Who did she end up with?

I mean, the multiple story paths hinted that it could either be Lloyd or Regal, depending on affection values and that hidden branch at the snowy city (I forget what it's called)... anyway, it's when
Kratos or Zelos comes to visit "you" as Lloyd and be redeemed and forgiven ;_;.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.

Lanna
Regular

#4 Post by Lanna »

The 'sequel' to ToS is a horrible disgrace to the original game and I want to pretend it never happened. Not saying this because it's apparently cool to hate it, but the dialogues and plot seem to be written by a 10-year-old fangirl and the old characters were obviously just put in the game so it'd sell. Slap "Tales of Symphonia" on it, ????, PROFIT. Unrelated rant, but of all games, we get this? Where's our Legendia and Abyss?

JT, Presea ends up with no-one. It's hinted that she's in love with someone, and most people think it's Genis. I refuse to believe that, but oh well.

More Tales games in English plz k thnx. If they can translate and voice Radiant Mythology, they surely can give us Rebirth, Destiny 2, and you know, all of these other games that apparently don't matter to anyone. Except for the whole Tales fanbase. Which isn't even all that small.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#5 Post by Blue Lemma »

I actually liked the ToS sequel 8) Yeah, it had its flaws, and I wanted to slap Marta and Emil, but it was an enjoyable play.

They do need to bring over all the Tales games >_<
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Wertville

#6 Post by Wertville »

I've only played the sequel :P
Maybe it's the same as the Tsukihime Anime, it's good unless you've played the original.
And I beg for the nirikiri (Or something) dungeon ones. They seem so awesome D:

But I think we should let them focus on Graces for now. I will kill if that isn't brought over. (Mainly cause I only have a wii :P)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by gekiganwing »

I thought I'd mention that Namco will be publishing a Wiiware game titled Muscle March in English in the near future. It has an official site now: http://www.namcobandaigames.com/games/musclemarch The ESRB rating is E10+, but I don't think the rating alone can explain this ridiculous game.

(Incidentally, this isn't the first "action game featuring nearly naked muscular men" on a Nintendo US download service. The PC Engine version of Cho Aniki was released on Virtual Console a while back.)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#8 Post by Samu-kun »

That is the most scary website I have seen in a very, very long time... What have you done gekiganwing!?

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by JinzouTamashii »

BRB, clawing my eyes out.

I love yaoi as much as the next girl, but...

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#10 Post by CaesMRaenes »

Hahahaha~! Muscle March.

My friends and I saw a gameplay of it and, my goodness, does it look fun to play. It's definitely not a serious game but heck, we loved Katamari, we'll love and laugh with this one too.

But yes, I wanted to interject this thread and throw my woes and pains into it. TT_TT Why won't you bring over the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia!?!?!
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#11 Post by thebackup »

Blue Lemma wrote:I actually liked the ToS sequel 8) Yeah, it had its flaws, and I wanted to slap Marta and Emil, but it was an enjoyable play.
Yeah, it's underrated, IMO. Though, it's too bad you can't level up the original ToS characters; I really didn't like the idea of catching monsters and raising them and such.
Wertville wrote:But I think we should let them focus on Graces for now. I will kill if that isn't brought over. (Mainly cause I only have a wii :P)
I'm pretty sure it will come over to NA. I heard stuff like one reason why Rebirth isn't brought over is because it's "2D" (note the quotes), same with Destiny PS2 remake. And Graces is 3D and on the Wii, increasing the likelihood of a NA release.

Wertville

#12 Post by Wertville »

I should get my hands on ToS while I wait :P
If you compared it to say... OoT what would you give it?

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#13 Post by Vatina »

I just want Tales of Vesperia for PS3 really badly <_< That, and I hear Graces is great.

I only got into Tales recently, so I'm open for pretty much any title though....

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#14 Post by lordcloudx »

*whines about:

Tales of the World RM 2 (They localized the first game)
Tales Destiny II (not Tales of Eternia)
Tales of Rebirth
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#15 Post by Freelancer »

lordcloudx wrote:*whines about:

Tales of the World RM 2 (They localized the first game)
Tales Destiny II (not Tales of Eternia)
Tales of Rebirth
I'm with you!
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!