Pocket PC Bishoujo Games

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Wandering_In

Pocket PC Bishoujo Games

#1 Post by Wandering_In »

Does anyone know if bishoujo games exist for pocket pc? Google didn't exactly give encouraging results, so I thought I'd try here.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

I believe that a number of Japanese games have been at least unofficially ported to the pocketpc. (IIRC, onscripter has been ported, so games written with nscripter could probably be made to run there... although I wouldn't want to be the guy to do it.)

Ren'Py doesn't support the pocketpc, although it probably could be made to if someone gave me a pocketpc to work on. Ditto for ps2linux, and a number of other platforms.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, does Pocket PC support Flash? Does that mean that for instance the [insert title] SIM DATE RPGs could be playable? Well yes, I know they are not exactly the thing you're looking for, but still... Hmmm, Kasuka and Heikou are done in Flash, does that mean they could be somehow exported to .swf and played on Pocket PCs? If they support Flash...

Grey
Veteran

#4 Post by Grey »

Without the Pascal based shells (The portability of which I'm not sure about, hell I don't even know if they work on Linux) they'd be somewhat crippled. Heikou very much so.

Also they were designed to be played on 640*480 and 800*600 respectively, so things would probably get pretty ugly scaled down to the small screen.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Sob stories of neglected systems

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

In the last few weeks, I stumbled across two different relationship games for cellphones. Both originally written in English, both sounding somewhat interesting. (And that's not counting things such as Tokimemo for phones.)

But any small platform such as Pocket PC isn't going to get a huge variety of games. This from someone who's loved his iBook for the last 9 months, even though it doesn't have much in modern games of any sort.

I'm sure there are tools for writing homebrew games on Pocket PC. A good start might be tools for creating choose your own adventure (CYOA) games... which is more or less the same as ADV games/visual novels without the visuals.

So says the Taiyaki Fan, who's glad Media Blasters licensed Sukisyo TV. Hoping for the Air anime...
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Sob stories of neglected systems

#6 Post by chronoluminaire »

The newest "true VGA" PocketPCs coming out (I've seen a couple) have a full 640x400 screen rather than the 320x200 that most (including mine) have. Something to bear in mind...
gekiganwing wrote:In the last few weeks, I stumbled across two different relationship games for cellphones. Both originally written in English, both sounding somewhat interesting. (And that's not counting things such as Tokimemo for phones.)
Could you point us at these? ^^