Otome games... suggestions?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
yukiotome
Projects: St.Rahasya Academy's Student Council's Secret

Otome games... suggestions?

#1 Post by yukiotome »

well, i'm currently looking for otome games rite now ummm.....if possible, commercial only. if you can suggest any please do tell and in any console is fine^^....
here's a list of what i've already played or currently playing:
-princess maker 4 DS
-TMGS 1 and 2 DS
-Heart, clover, joker no kuni no alice PC
-harutoki series PS2 DS PSP etc.
-Duel love DS
-ouran high school host club DS
-hiiro no kakera DS
-bakumetsu renka shinsengumi DS
-avalon code DS
-yo-jin-bo PC
-hakuouki PS2
-datenshi no amai yuuwaku x kaikan phrase DS
-will o' wisp DS
-love drops PC
-tennis no ouji-sama sweat and tears, and motto gakuensai no ouji-sama DS
-fushigi yuugi kagami no miko DS
-kuruyami no hate de kimi wo matsu DS
-garnet cradle PC
-love revo DS
-hoshizora no comic garden DS
-Vampire Knight DS
-Vitamin X Evolution and Vitamin Y DS
-Arabian's Lost DS
-saikin koi shiteru(though i give up after 5 hours)
-Fatal Hearts PC
-Cute Knight PC
-Harvest moon series(even the boys ver.)
-Princess Debut DS
-Crimson Empire PC
-Skip Beat PS2(I'm not sure if it is an otome game, but i ended up with the one i work with so...)
well..... dat's all i've played and currently playing, so any other more suggestions? and tnx in advance
mada mada dazzo~ reborn!

Blue Sky
Regular
Projects: The Perfect World, Mahou Shoujo Daisuki!

Re: Otome games... suggestions?

#2 Post by Blue Sky »

I'd suggest Souten no Kanata. It seems like a good game.

Also, RE:Alistair, if you haven't played that yet.

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#3 Post by CaesMRaenes »

I don't really have any suggestion to list but I do have a database that could be helpful for your search.

http://www.vndb.org/
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

yukiotome
Projects: St.Rahasya Academy's Student Council's Secret

#4 Post by yukiotome »

thank you! are those games available in play-asia or amazon? cuz i can only buy from there......
mada mada dazzo~ reborn!

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#5 Post by Vatina »

I have seen a good deal of otome games on play-asia or yes-asia.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Ugh. Jealous. XD;
I wish I could find time to play all of those...

Unfortunately, my specialty's only in fanmade otome.
There are three dating sims made on dA that I might recommend...
deviantART
---------------------

Kyosuko
Projects: Red Thread(GXB)

#7 Post by Kyosuko »

any consoles eh? seems like you understand japanese so here are some:
-Arcobaleno
-D.C. ~Girl's Symphony~
-S.Y.K
-Panic Palette
-Drastic kill
-Hime Hibi
-Vitamin Z
-Wand of Fortune
-Signal
-the remake of the 1st installation in the heart no kuni no alice: Anniversary no kuni no alice(i still haven't got it though, but i'll still recommend!)
-maybe you should get the hakuouki ps2 ver??? it comes with Drama CD, sketchbook and a fan disk(which is really the yummy part!)
-Desert kingdom XD
-B's log party: that is, if you are interested to see a board game dating sim wherein you'll see characters from hakuouki, hiiro no kakera, love revo and etc.
though this aren't still out might as well said this(mostly of idea factory games.... ^^;;)
-storm lover
-starry sky(the psp ver. XD)
-moujuutsukai no ouji-sama

BTW, you should watch out for TMGS 3 cause its really the most awesome installation of the game!

oops, sorry i got carried away........

hikaouji

#8 Post by hikaouji »

woah.... should i make this my reference when i'm going to buy an otoge??? lol

Nikki

#9 Post by Nikki »

this topic is a little old now but if you're still interted try X-note
I just played it and it's a great game and a little bit dark :)

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#10 Post by icebluehost »

Oh, I didn't notice this thread before. There's a lot of good PSP otome games, if you have a PSP. There are others already mentioned here but I can give you a list of some others. I haven't played them all but some of them sounds pretty good.
-Uta no Prince-sama
-Real Rode (this one I played and has a bit of RPG element in it. Not too hard though)
-Memories Off Girl's Style
-Nise no Chigiri
-Musketeer: Le Sang des Chevaliers (this one I'm REALLY interested in playing but I haven't gotten it yet *sniff*)

I'm currently playing "Bloody Call" (PC otome) and I remember that there's a new game by the same company (IcingCandy) though I can't remember the title. Their art is pretty and the guys are not bad. Bloody Call is interesting so far so I can suggest that to you ^^

Niki
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#11 Post by Niki »

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de. I liked the first one the best, but all are good and have gorgeous art.
Image (devblog) || tumblr

Celestie
Veteran

#12 Post by Celestie »

Amnesia, an upcoming otome game, is supposed to look quite good and has gotten nice feedback...on what's shown yet at least. So you might give it a try, too.

...and Uta no Prince-sama just got a remake called "Uta no Prince-sama Repeat" with better CGs, some more scenes and stuff...also for PSP 8D
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by OtomeWeekend »

*_* the CGs in utapri repeat are 1000% much better than the predecessor..... :L >.<

my best recommendation for psp is uta pri and nise no chigiri while tmgs series is the brilliant 女性向け(female-market) game for DS

er, here's a list of the otome games I've played.lol All are recommended of course ^_~ link
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Celestie
Veteran

#14 Post by Celestie »

...ahaha, it makes me happy you recommend Starry Sky, too, or that many recommend StaSky, seeing how SO MANY REVIEWS CRITISIZE IT. Granted, there is a lot to critisize, especially about the plot that does not exist and sometimes or about always the heroine, but...I just love the series...

You think one should play the original UtaPri or should one play UtaPri Repeat right away? *is planning ahead for the time when she can understand Japanese and has a PSP*
OtomeWeekend wrote:1000% much better
It's a nudge to the anime series, isn't it? ADMIT IIIIT- *is shot* Okay, a unintentional one, but an awesomely unintentional one 8D

Before I get tooooo off-topic. ...did anyone recommend Clock Zero yet? If so, sorry. I personally love the art style but cannot say anything more other than that others find it good, too, so...
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I gotta admit some routes are just utterly worst and boring while some are really not bad or hm, good i mean. Sides, the voice actors are just *ー* Some reviews in english and japanese blogs that the after series is a much more interesting than the latter.
Celestie wrote:
OtomeWeekend wrote:1000% much better
It's a nudge to the anime series, isn't it? ADMIT IIIIT- *is shot* Okay, a unintentional one, but an awesomely unintentional one 8D

Before I get tooooo off-topic. ...did anyone recommend Clock Zero yet? If so, sorry. I personally love the art style but cannot say anything more other than that others find it good, too, so...
="= Utapuri is just too popular(the songs from the game are very popular in japanese sites.lol), and the sudden super improvement in the CGs in sweet seranade and amazing aria might've pushed the staff to make a re-make. E
r, anime series or what crap it is, it has a completely different story with a super annoying heroine, you'd know how disappointed I am if you've known what kind of heroine she was in the game. No offense, but I'm definitely annoyed by the anime series.
About Clock Zero, many says its good but I haven't played it myself. considering that Otomate developed it, it might be good(otomate never disappointed me). I'm waiting for the psp release cause it would be released soon *_*

Er, also, it might be good to watch out for Hakuouki Musouroku. There wasn't much info. yet and the site isn't up yet too but another installation for the hakuouki series... just that, I can't help but get this feeling that Kazuki Yone isn't the artist for this one.....and B's log isn't spilling the beans yet.link for the site but has no contents yet. It might be good to watch over for this if you love hakuouki like me ;)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.