English Otome or G x B games?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

Re: English Otome or G x B games?

#16 Post by Fluffycrow »

@Rouge and Zumi

Here I thought I was the only one...

Esphirisa
Regular

#17 Post by Esphirisa »

OMG
@lepapillonrouge, Zumi & Fluffycrow
Me too! I can't get that cup thingy and that voice AND her(?) avatar out of my mind!

Most of the VN, games, etc. that I originally wanted to suggest were already suggested. Well, you can try some in the 'Completed Games' section. :) Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Lyyli
Regular

#18 Post by Lyyli »

Ren'ai shugi Road to Emerald is a game for iPhone / iPod Touch that looks like it's based on Wizard of Oz.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/renai-sh ... 62526?mt=8

Looks fun! I'll have to buy it sometime <3
Meep.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Riviera »

For the DS, there's also Atelier Annie and Summon Night: Twin Age. The Summon Night: Swordcraft Story games also have a bit of a romance subtext to them. They're for the GBA. The Harvest Moon games for girls have the dating and marriage system as well.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#20 Post by sayuri »

lepapillonrouge wrote:kantocan1: You sir, are awesome.

...well, in other news Pacthesis announced she's working on a new dating sim...
I dunno how she does it. On my deviantart she is the only person I really get notices for. And the deviation stack is up to, like, 40 in less than a year. It's crazy awesome :)

On topic, I'd recommend Yo Jin Bo, Date Warp, Fatal Hearts, Re:Alistair, the Fantasia series, and Harvest Moon (it's a stretch but I fangirl for quite a few HM guys). Also, there is a translation project for Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 1st Love in the works. They are alive and well, which is great, but the game isn't on PC to my knowledge so it won't be a direct patch, which makes me sad :(. The market is small and since Hirameki went under there aren't a whole bunch of Japanese games being brought over. If you're willing to compromise and play yaoi games there are a few, but nothing PG13.

*EDIT*

I just looked into Atelier Annie. I can't believe I've never heard of this. It's so cute ^^. I'm curious though, how much of it is really an otome game?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#21 Post by papillon »

From what I've heard, Atelier Annie is a cute game but there's no real romance in it. Hwoever, I don't own the game yet...

Lyyli
Regular

#22 Post by Lyyli »

sayuri: A translation for Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 1st Love!? I love those games! What is the link to the translators homepage?

I hope MangaGamer will pick up some otome games to translate :(
Meep.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Riviera »

You can get some endings in Atelier Annie that are romantic, from what I've heard.. like you can end up with the prince. ^-^

The site for the tokimemo translation is here: http://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/home

I'm helping them out, and even what they have so far is amazing! All they have left is the endings, and some event stuff.

I also completely forgot, but Hexyz Force has some light romance in it.. or at least it's been implied. It's for the PSP.

chelxoxo
Regular
Projects: Fantasia RoT novelisation, editor for Fantasia 3... and a secret :p

#24 Post by chelxoxo »

Riviera wrote:I'm helping them out, and even what they have so far is amazing! All they have left is the endings, and some event stuff.
Wow, that's great to hear! :D I was wondering how progress was going because updates aren't blogged very often, and I can understand why the spreadsheet page is hard to keep track of... Any idea how long the rest is going to take? I've never played a Tokimemo game before, and I'm really excited! :mrgreen:
Turns out my unicorn was a donkey with a plunger stuck to its head.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Riviera »

I'd send a beta application in. You can start playing now! Seriously, it seems to me to be at least 85-90% done..

It's definitely enough to be fully understandable. :)

I honestly don't know how long it'll take for the rest. The endings are giving them trouble because of the way it's displayed.. and they haven't put up a new beta since last month. They've come a long way and resolved a LOT of issues though, and they do say that eventually they may think of doing Tokimemo GS 2 as well, which would be pure awesome.~

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#26 Post by sayuri »

How exciting! I was stalking the site and the owner said that the next patch may be a public patch. So I think it's just a matter of time.

On the subject of game translations there is a group translating Prince Maker, a sort of spin-off of Princess Maker. It's not exactly an otome game but it's sorta in that group.

http://princemakerproject.wordpress.com/

*EDIT*

I found a new game that was on Nummyz website but not made by her. It's called My Sunshine DS and it seems pretty fun so far. I dunno if you've played it before.

http://nummyz.com/summer-dating-sim.html

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Riviera »

Oh oh, there's also Avalon Code DS!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#28 Post by LVUER »

Oh yeah! I completely forget about Avalon Code (DS). Since the game let you choose the protagonist gender, the game could be GxB or BxG, depending on your choice... too bad we couldn't make it a GxG (which I tried myself and failed, proving we couldn't do that -_-) or BxB (for completionist sake).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

PinkEmoPrincess

#29 Post by PinkEmoPrincess »

oh wow so many.... well for starters theres
Fatal Hearts(amazing artwork but you do pay for it but theres multiple endings so it takes a while to finish all the paths which totaly makes it worth it)
Date Warp(a visual novel with very good artwork that also must be payed for but complicated and very interesting plot)
RE Alistar**(art work is very good and its free! more of a visual novel though but your choices on what to do each day determin what happens)
Cute Knight has some romance elements in it and must be payed for
Spirited Heart(which I've only played the demo for) is otome I believe as long as u keep the "romance" option on (if u play the demo and look at the list of the guy characters you'd know what i meant)
hmmm other then that I'd have to look up but I realy don't mind, I check almost every day because I have no clue what companies to subrcibe to newsletters for to know! (if anyone has suggestions fo me plz message me with the names of the sites!) I'm a tad bit obsessed with these games....well they do tend to rock so its not my fault! ;)

Aquane
Veteran

#30 Post by Aquane »

Oooh I love Pachthesis! Also yes I have played RE:Alistair++ and date warp. Trust me, if it is mentioned on this forum, I have tried it :) So far actually I have tried every game named on this thread, Other than cute knight, which doesn't really appeal to me if it doesn't focus on romance. I just love GxB games <3 I am even making one myself now :3 working on the script until it is 100% though before I start on anything else x3 So it may be while before a WIP thread is made for it... I either need to get good with art, or find an artist with experience x3 I'd love to commission Azurextwilight, but she is so busy anyway, I can't ask her to make an entire games worth of characters and CGs :>

I'll figure something out..