question

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.

question

#1 Post by Guest »

Hey guys, Have any of you ever played Ishika and Honori/ I'm thinking of buying that but I wanted to see what you guys thought of it first. Is it good? Does it have a good story and characters? And is it a long game?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

I was considering buying this one a while ago, but I didn't for some reason :-|

There's a FAQ here that reveals some info about the gameplay:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dvd/file ... honori.txt

Just watch out for spoilers and go to the appropriate sections! :wink:

I'm curious, too, though - is this game any good?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

I don't know either, frankly. Usually at least one of my friends will have a title I don't have so we can exchange, but I'm not planning on buying it because it's science-fiction and has too young-looking characters. I doubt though, that it will be BAD. The Hirameki releases aren't bad.

Amusement Park and Day Of Love are a perfect example, being very easy-going and in fact also a bit short. They are I think perfect entry-level games and I actually have Day Of Love (I had AP, but I traded it) and I would probably give that to anyone who wants to start with bishoujo gaming so he doesn't start and stop with Slave Pageant.

So I *suppose* you can't really go wrong with I&H. It should be an inoffensive title, a relaxing story, judging from the descriptions and what Hirameki has published in the past.

JackalAndromeda
Regular

#4 Post by JackalAndromeda »

I have this one. I haven't played very far in it yet though. It's pretty cute so far, I like some of the costume designs in it a lot. Fight scenes are a little odd to me, though. You choose what kind of attacks the characters use, but I get the strong feeling that it doesn't actually make any difference. It seems quite linear, but that might change later.

Since people are curious I'll actually play this one through when I get home from work so I can give a better review. It's not as good as some of Hirameki's other releases, but it is sort of charming. My first impressions of it are good. I'll have more to say later tonight/early tommorow.