Konami and the Tokimeki Memorial Series for boys and girls

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: Konami and the Tokimeki Memorial Series for boys and gir

#31 Post by SilverxBlue »

Celestie wrote:I never find too many males handsome enough in the games, to be honest. I tried playing GS1 and the stat-raising and bombs and such frustrated me to hell and back D:

I never got around to finish playing GS1 properly, though, I really should....and play GS2, as well. Hm, we'll see.

So I am one of those few (or maybe the only one?) who isn't that much of a fan of TMGS, but stioll wants to play them xD Talk about hardcore otome game fan....(it's more like a desperate otome gamer who can't read Japanese yet).
I never finished playing TMGS1 as well, the principal was just a bit too much for me... *shudders*
But, I'm a very big fan of the series.
And I agree with OtomeWeekend on saying that the stat-raising and bombs thingy is TMGS's trademark....
OtomeWeekend wrote:btw, if you can read japanese or understand it, many as well as me, recommends you play the untranslated ver. since in the translated, there are some events that were funny but not if translated
This phrase just made me wanted to take Japanese lessons bad..!
I really should take one now.... cause I can't wait to pursue the really hot megane on TMGS3!:lol:
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#32 Post by OtomeWeekend »

you mean, Tamao-senpai? XD He is really cute I love him too... but i love many other characters too from 1st to 3rd.XD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#33 Post by SilverxBlue »

Yes, Tamao-sempai. I tried playing TMGS3 just one time and even if I didn't understand a single thing, I got attracted to him! XD
I like a lot of guys from 1-3 too, but he is probably my most favorite, but if I'll be able to understand TMGS3 and hate Tamao's route(this is most unlikely to happen though) then Waka-sensei might get the top spot again. :wink:
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#34 Post by OtomeWeekend »

you can check the walkthrough in gamefaqs if you have questions(or you can pm me if you want ;) ). When I started playing TMGS I don't understand a single japanese too... and the very first(in DS ver. )wasn't even fully voiced. But thanks to walkthroughs that I finished them. I still use walkthroughs right now even if i can understand them especially when I'm in the hardcore pace of completing the CGs(though i use japanese walkthroughs since they update faster that walkthroughs are available just a few days later)XD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Celestie
Veteran

#35 Post by Celestie »

Maybe I should put off playing TMGS, all games and play when I can read and understand Japanese. ...I do plan on learning Japanese, so... and I heard the japanese is rather easy, so maybe I can do that next year.

*uses shield against flameys and bashings* I AM SORRY. Maybe I just haven't found out the awesome potential of the game, but sadly, one third of the male eligible characters in GS1 were really...not my taste, appearance-wise. I gotta play that again someday and not give up that easily...
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#36 Post by OtomeWeekend »

@Celestie: I do agree with that... I have 2 or 3 bachelors that you know, a bit :/ *I won't name it in the name of being scared of backfire* I can only remember actually playing Himuro, and Kei's route seriously, also Sakuya's. :D

But that doesn't imply that I didn't like the game its just that my taste for boys are real picky :D

Celestie
Veteran

#37 Post by Celestie »

...same here, I really am picky when it comes to art style and appearance, even if the characters themselves aren't half-bad. Oh well, I will play soemday, I might play the first game again after my oral exams to satiate my desire to play currently almost unreachable otome games...xDDD

But the seiyuu are...WONDERFUL~ It might make me play the character's route with Ishida Akira's voice just because of that...xD
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#38 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Celestie wrote:But the seiyuu are...WONDERFUL~ It might make me play the character's route with Ishida Akira's voice just because of that...xD
I do agree XDD I still love playing Hazuki's route over and over again because I'm addicted to Midorikawa Hikaru's voice XDD

edit:btw, is it just me or we are totally out of topic?

On-topic answer:

I'm satisfied. I love TMGS, I love Tenipuri games(they would release a tennis no oujisama dokidoki survival port in ds soon! XDD), Castlevania, Time Hollow(OH MY GOSH >_< SO LOVE THIS),Yu-gi-oh games XDD, Silent Hill, and am I the only one that loves Contra? XDD

In aspect of inspiration, I tend to be inspired whenever i play games so might I say yes, then no cause even if I'm inspired to do it, I didn't do it and just daydreamed it XDD

Celestie
Veteran

#39 Post by Celestie »

...we got off-topic? Why? I always stated if I liked or didn't like TMGS...isn't that on-topic? (Or that's how I view it.)

(...his voice was doen by Midorikawa Hikaru?! He doesn't sound like Yoh from Starry Sky at all xDDD)

Ohh, Time Hollow! I am greatly disappointed by that game because the plot got wasted badly for having such a cool premise, but I loved the graphics and Ethan and the cat and....uhm. THE MUSIC. Actually, aside from the plot that didn't use its potential, I liked it xD

...well, if I ever decide to make a game, it would be a simple, NON-STAT-RAISING VN, I don't really like stat-raisings, and even if that only means I myself would never make stat-raising games, I do play them...occassionally. When I am not already frustrated over something xD So I'd say Starry Sky would inspire me. Not in their boring plot (because it is boring, but teh art and the characters make up for that) but in the simple way of branching and the sort-of-seperate endings.

Though I do like how TMGS has female characters that can be your friend and/or rival. It's both cute and annoying but also highly realistic~

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#40 Post by manga_otaku »

TMGS1 and TMGS2 have full translation patches to English out already~
New on TMGS3's translation patch is on the way and the first patch will be up in the near future xD

Links:
TMGS1
TMGS2 (and news about TMGS3)
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#41 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Celestie wrote:...we got off-topic? Why? I always stated if I liked or didn't like TMGS...isn't that on-topic? (Or that's how I view it.)

(...his voice was doen by Midorikawa Hikaru?! He doesn't sound like Yoh from Starry Sky at all xDDD)

Ohh, Time Hollow! I am greatly disappointed by that game because the plot got wasted badly for having such a cool premise, but I loved the graphics and Ethan and the cat and....uhm. THE MUSIC. Actually, aside from the plot that didn't use its potential, I liked it xD
We are very off topic... XDD

And... yep. He is midorikawa. :) The fact that Kei is the cool type, and Yoh is a stupid(?)-like and because midorikawa is an awesome seiyuu is the reason why he they are different(todoroki-sensei of hoshizora sounds exaclty like yoh and arthur of signal sounds exactly like Kei... they are both voiced of course by midorikawa)

About the Time Hollow, I love it actually. I don't think the plot is bad at all... not at all and completely much better than Lux Pain.

Celestie
Veteran

#42 Post by Celestie »

manga_otaku wrote: New on TMGS3's translation patch is on the way and the first patch will be up in the near future xD
So there will be one for TMFS3, too? Yay~

...damn, I am off-topic. Though I am not sure how to remain on-topic of not talking about TMGS. Maybe I should reread the first post and not skip right away to the last. *is shot*

Awesome seiyuus are awesome, when they can voice a wide range of characters, like...Namikawa Daisuke. His ministration on voicing both Ittaly brothers in Hetalia, different as night and day, proves it xD

Time Hollow was so damn short. I loved what was there but there could have been more, there was potential for more. (Can't say how and what, anymore, has been a while since I played it xD) And never could makse up my mind to play Lux Pain.

999 is love. Visual Novel styled escape-the-room quiz sequences and a wide range of characters...a good plot. But not an otome game, so...just an awesome VN I had to mention. And I believe THIS is off-topic xD

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#43 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Daisuke Namikawa is an awesome seiyuu. Period. Akira Ishida can voice from grandpa to grandma to mother to father to brother to sister to baby... you can fnd that vid in nico douga XDD

Btw, tmgs has actually inspired me to dream of becoming a game programmer in future xD

Celestie
Veteran

#44 Post by Celestie »

Ohhh Ishida Akira...*A*

I gave up on informatics two years ago when I didn't understand programming anymore (or I never grasped it woudl be more appropriate of a reason). So I wish you good luck and much fun on your future aspect!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#45 Post by Aleema »

Whenever I used to play TMGS, I used to get very impassioned about making VNs, too. I don't get that way anymore since I am making a game that slates me (before, I wasn't making any modern day stat raisers date simmy things). But then, I just don't have the patience for TMGS at all anymore. Takes way too long to play and the little generic cutscenes are no longer worth it. Becoming a game maker has killed a lot of games for me ... but I don't regret it. :)