(Otome Game)Yo-Jin-Bo The Bodyguards : Unmei no Freude

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
nefferinthia
Regular

Re: (Otome Game)Yo-Jin-Bo The Bodyguards : Unmei no Freude

#16 Post by nefferinthia »

This game probably isn't available for Mac? /kills self for not having a Windows computer

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#17 Post by papillon »

Click through before you say that! Unlike most japanese VNs for sale THIS one was developed on a flash engine and DOES run on a mac. :)

(At least it's supposed to, I've never actually tried to play it on a mac. While I own the game, I got bogged down in the beginning and didn't really get into it. One of these days I should give it another go...)

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#18 Post by ElementalButterfly »

lepapillonrouge wrote:I have it...scratch that.

I did have it...but...I don't know where it is! AGH!
You have to find and play it. >.<

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#19 Post by ElementalButterfly »

papillon wrote:Click through before you say that! Unlike most japanese VNs for sale THIS one was developed on a flash engine and DOES run on a mac. :)

(At least it's supposed to, I've never actually tried to play it on a mac. While I own the game, I got bogged down in the beginning and didn't really get into it. One of these days I should give it another go...)
I have windows, i am not sure about mac.

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#20 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Harumi Fujyoshi wrote:This game probably isn't available for Mac? /kills self for not having a Windows computer
Yes, it works on Mac OS 10.1 or higher. ^^

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#21 Post by ElementalButterfly »

sayuri wrote:
ElementalButterfly wrote:
mechnist wrote:too bad the sales didn't go well :(
ehh.. really? I heard that this game was very popular. Thats probably the reason why it isn't free.
Well, the game itself is pretty popular. It's just that Hirameki (the company that localized Yo Jin Bo) was struggling as a whole. I didn't find out about Yo Jin Bo until after Hirameki closed shop. It's a shame :(..
Yeah.. T_T

Red Lilies
Regular

#22 Post by Red Lilies »

Harumi Fujyoshi wrote:This game probably isn't available for Mac? /kills self for not having a Windows computer
It works on Mac, though I couldn't get the fullscreen option to work. Everything else was perfectly functional though.
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#23 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Red Lilies wrote:
It works on Mac, though I couldn't get the fullscreen option to work. Everything else was perfectly functional though.
So, did you finish playing it? =D

Red Lilies
Regular

#24 Post by Red Lilies »

ElementalButterfly wrote: So, did you finish playing it? =D
Yep. All the ending, except some of the bad ones. All of the bad ones seemed exactly the same with small variations (excluding Mon-Mon's which was very touching actually.)
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#25 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Red Lilies wrote:
ElementalButterfly wrote: So, did you finish playing it? =D
Yep. All the ending, except some of the bad ones. All of the bad ones seemed exactly the same with small variations (excluding Mon-Mon's which was very touching actually.)
Yeah. ^_^ Which ending was your favorite?

Red Lilies
Regular

#26 Post by Red Lilies »

ElementalButterfly wrote: Yeah. ^_^ Which ending was your favorite?
That's actually a tough one. I really liked things about all of them, though with Bo's and Mugenshige's though the latter has such a funny CG in the cave. I guess in overall completeness, it would have to be Jin's because
The princess comes back and get her body back but you still get the guy and without losing your family and life. Plus since it is implied a lot that Jin's life has been rather unforgiving, he gets a second chance.
Bo's was the cutest, fitting with his character and
he got some of the best kissing CGs when Sayori wants to be a ninja and when they are falling through the air
I also really liked Mon-Mon's because
it took into account the rest of the world and I really liked the idea of them ending up in the Wild West.
And of course, Ittosai's was awesome because
HE TOTALLY OWED THE BAD GUY. No fuse, no long drawn out "I must beat this evil controlling powder" He simply was bada**ed to even have the bad guy be a challenge. XD And he takes on God for you. And he gets the most ridiculously cheesy lines
Yours?

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#27 Post by sayuri »

Red Lilies wrote:
he got some of the best kissing CGs when Sayori wants to be a ninja and when they are falling through the air
I think you mean Yo :).
Red Lilies wrote:And of course, Ittosai's was awesome because
HE TOTALLY OWED THE BAD GUY. No fuse, no long drawn out "I must beat this evil controlling powder" He simply was bada**ed to even have the bad guy be a challenge. XD And he takes on God for you. And he gets the most ridiculously cheesy lines
Yours?
Don't forget the sounds he made while you kissed. Oh god ;). *nosebleed*

Glazed Donuts
Regular

#28 Post by Glazed Donuts »

I just now noticed the dialog in the screenshots o.o is that the direct translation from the Japanese version? was it intended to be full of humor and puns? (and a rock track?)

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#29 Post by sayuri »

Glazed Donuts wrote:I just now noticed the dialog in the screenshots o.o is that the direct translation from the Japanese version? was it intended to be full of humor and puns? (and a rock track?)
The translation isn't 100% direct just because some of the puns don't cross cultures well. If you listen to the Japanese voices you can sometimes pick out the English words used in jokes, so I'd say that 85% of the jokes were the exact translation. But all the humor and puns and rock music were intended in the Japanese version.

Red Lilies
Regular

#30 Post by Red Lilies »

sayuri wrote:
Red Lilies wrote:
I think you mean Yo :).
I did. XD My bad.
sayuri wrote:
Red Lilies wrote:And of course, Ittosai's was awesome because
Yours?
Don't forget the sounds he made while you kissed. Oh god ;). *nosebleed*
Oh my. I had totally forgot those! How could I? XD