Ever 17

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Ever 17

#76 Post by DaFool »

Hudzon >> do you still need those files?

akizakura
Regular
Completed: Adversity Comp 2012
Projects: Everything's Going My Way
Organization: Mitayume

Re: Re:

#77 Post by akizakura »

Vatina wrote:
akizakura wrote:I also felt like there were other scenes that could have had a CG image or animation for them without too much difficulty, but I have that gripe with a lot of VNs.
I read somewhere (I think on Hirameki's blog) in an interview that more animations were planned, but they had to cut down because they ran out of funds. Too bad.
I've always wondered about that (and the answer's probably pretty obvious, but humor me) but what exactly does that mean? I've heard something similar with why Evangelion the anime went the way it did, but with a visual novel, when we say they ran out of funds, does that just mean they couldn't afford to pay for the artist(s) to continue working on the animation? That they couldn't afford the extra memory?

Hudzon
Regular

#78 Post by Hudzon »

Yep yep. I :D

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#79 Post by DaFool »

Hudzon wrote:
Yep yep. I :D
K, I'll upload something in a half day or so.

Hudzon
Regular

#80 Post by Hudzon »

Thanks a lot, DaFool! ^^'

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#81 Post by DaFool »

Don't get your hopes up just yet... :?

216 and 88.8mb are huge -_-
If I can't get them up by tomorrow to a place you can actually access, then assume I'm on vacation. :?

Ren

#82 Post by Ren »

Or if he can't I can send them tomorrow, I also have the game :3(but I won't be at home 'till 9 am tomorrow)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#83 Post by DaFool »

chara.dat (216.62 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LYY0KFCJ

end_tu00.e17

http://download.yousendit.com/4C4677272E381658

(more accessible, but link will expire in 7 days)

Enjoy and don't pirate onegaishimasu ^_^.

Hudzon
Regular

#84 Post by Hudzon »

Thanks a lot, DaFool! :)

Ren, thank you as well! It's the thought that counts ^^

Ahh, I've listened to the track so many times, but my heart still cringes every time I do so!

Now to finally finish the game! (My computer crashed last time when I got all the way to the final scene of the Coco path! xD)
Enjoy and don't pirate onegaishimasu ^_^.
As gratitude, the next VN that will inspire me to the extend that Ever 17 did will definitely be acquired by legit means! ;)

eezergoode
Regular

#85 Post by eezergoode »

Dangit! Now I have to go look for my install disks again.. I've gotten all the good endings, and a couple of the bad ones, but now I want to see them all.. /sigh
Eezergoode - AKA Rabid Penguin
Team Lead

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius
Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

WinKi

#86 Post by WinKi »

:deleted:
Last edited by WinKi on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#87 Post by Der Tor »

wow... i expected Ever 17 to be your ussual crappy hentai game with your ussual crappy story... but now i realized that it's not like that at all... it's actually better than any other visual novels i played before and i think it's the only commercial visual novel that i know with no hentai in it (-:

I haven't finished it yet... i am almost done with the Sara arc and the You arc.

Of course i don't exactly have a legitimate copy... /-: (someone gave me a copy).

But now that i realized how great it is i have a bad conscience about not having bought it.

But I really can't find it on Ebay or Amazon... and i really can't find any store that would ship to my country.

The other thing is, there is no german translation of it. Not even a fan translation right?

I would actually be interested in DOING a german translation... 8)

Hell i might even be interested in re-selling it (i have a small bookstore in Germany and i think it might actually fit into a bookstore better than it would fit into an arcade : -)

PS: Of course i wouldn't wanna do it the illegal way... i would wanna do it the legal authorized way... but i don't think it would be just possible to go and ask the japanese company, right? I mean i would have to buy the license and crap, and i don't have that kind a money nor the ability to distribute in a large scale. So i would have to find a german company interested in aquiring the license and in distributing it, right? And that's when it get's complicated :cry: So it's actually not possible and i am just dreaming... :roll:

PPS: But what IS realistic is if i would try to get USED copies of the game. Of course as i said i can't get any copies in Germany, but maybe some of you guys wanna sell your copy after you played it... than i could at least sell some used english copies in my store and i wouldn't need to have a bad conscience about not having bought it either (-:

Cazel
Regular

#88 Post by Cazel »

Well, I believe licensing Ever 17 would basically be impossible because KID went out of business.

As for used copies... since the disks aren't required for playing the games I'm surprised it isn't possible to find the game used. But I suppose that the ease of piracy made that the preferred route, with those that bought it being the people who actually cared about Hirameki making money.

Jake
Support Hero

#89 Post by Jake »

Cazel wrote:Well, I believe licensing Ever 17 would basically be impossible because KID went out of business.
What kind of going out of business, though? Companies who fold through bankruptcy typically transfer their assets to their creditors, so there might be a Japanese venture capital firm sitting around with the rights to KID's games that they don't know what to do with?
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

GLACIER
Regular

#90 Post by GLACIER »

KID's intellectual property was sold to Cyberfront during liquidation. I think some foreign publishers are already licensing games through that company.