Ever 17

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

Re: Ever 17

#136 Post by icebluehost »

Sorry, I don't know if I should post this here, so I should say some stuff about Ever 17 first so it'll count XD

Ever 17 was one of the first visual novel games that I played actually and it was the game that completely brought me over to the world of VNs and Otome games. XD It left a very good impression on me because the story of Ever 17 was so complicated and exciting that I had to get all the endings and see the True end to figure out what was happening. Their story-lines are good, and whether or not they're completely accurate (in terms of having no plot-holes and stuff) it didn't matter because for me, it was a really good game. Can't remember the details anymore...I played it 5 or 6 years ago. But I still remember the ending or what the whole thing was really actually about. And I remember a few bits and pieces...though I can't remember their names anymore. Now I found out that Remember 11 was releasing an english patch and this got me excited too since I don't understand jap. Hopefully it'll be as good to me as the first one was.

Now then...I've been playing Remember 11 for a while now, and just got my first ending (it was a bad one >.<) And now I'm on my second playthrough. If anyone can help me with this I'll be very grateful. XD
I am shamefully following a walkthrough I saw in a site and I was planning on going for Satoru's route. But no matter what choice I choose, I end up being Kokoro after the plane crashes. (in SPHIA waking up and seeing Utsumi for the first time) I'm not sure if that's meant to be, but based on the walkthrough, Satoru's choices would've been different compared to Kokoro's. So I'm kinda confused...

CKSqua

#137 Post by CKSqua »

The progression in Remember11 is linear, so there are no routes in the traditional sense. Once you clear Kokoro's scenario, you'll move onto Satoru's.

icebluehost
Regular

#138 Post by icebluehost »

So I have to completely finish Kokoro's story and get a good ending before I can start doing Satoru's route?

CKSqua

#139 Post by CKSqua »

That's right.

icebluehost
Regular

#140 Post by icebluehost »

Oh cool. Thanks for the help XD

Celestie
Veteran

#141 Post by Celestie »

...there's a Ever17 remake for teh XBox coming out this winter. Was that mentioned yet? I didn't know until I saw the trailer posted on ANN. AND FUCk, WHY ONLY XBOX D:
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#142 Post by HigurashiKira »

Celestie wrote:...there's a Ever17 remake for teh XBox coming out this winter. Was that mentioned yet? I didn't know until I saw the trailer posted on ANN. AND FUCk, WHY ONLY XBOX D:
Also, people are petitioning for the remake to be released in the Western Market. I really hope they succede....
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

teankun
Regular

#143 Post by teankun »

DragoonHP wrote:
teankun wrote:I also had a technical problem. Most of the game I played on my laptop without music or voice to save space, but after I installed everything on my desktop, the game runs like molasses in January uphill. I mean it took like a full minute for one word to scroll out. Any ideas folks?
Which OS are you using?
New OS's are known to have a problem in playing the old games...
Windows 7
teankun wrote:In the mean time, I will do the customary thing someone does when the ending of a anime or the like does not end the way they wanted: write a fanfic.
Can you please notify me when you post the fanfic? Pretty please... I will love to read any continuation of Ever17...
Is there a place to post fics on the forum here. Otherwise I'll post at ff.net, but I am focusing on my Gundam Wing epic right now. I will let you know where it is done.
Shadios wrote:That still leaves the biggest question of all....

WHY IS HOKUTO'S HAIR BLONDE?!!
Bleach?
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#144 Post by DragoonHP »

I played Ever17 on my XP... so perhaps you could just download XPMode from Microsoft... and try in it...

AxemRed
Veteran

#145 Post by AxemRed »

It's not Windows 7 -- I've personally run Ever17 without any problems on Windows XP, Vista and 7.

Shadios
Regular
Projects: Our Hearts, Your Days

#146 Post by Shadios »

Shadios wrote:That still leaves the biggest question of all....

WHY IS HOKUTO'S HAIR BLONDE?!!
Bleach?[/quote]

Well, you can throw that out because in Tsugumi's flashback it clearly shows him with blonde hair.
Our Hearts, Your Days
A story of love, a story of acceptance and a story of rememberance like no other....
1st Demo Release Date: December 2011/Janurary 2012
Main Release Date: Late 2012

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#147 Post by Anarchy »

Cure. Something doesn't make sense? It's Cure.