Ever 17

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Ever 17

#1 Post by PyTom »

http://community.hirameki-int.com/modul ... blog_id=15

For those people who are interested, Hirameki just announced on their blog that Ever 17 will be released on Dec. 20, as opposed to February of next year.

If I'm parsing the message correctly, it looks like this was a request from the Peter Payne zaibatsu.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by monele »

GAaaah the meanies! I already ordered something else because I was so sad not to have it by Xmas >.<... Darn ! *hopes his order will be worth it at least ~_~*

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

I am now torn between squeeing and worrying that due to nasty personal financial circumstances that came out of the blue, I probably shouldn't grab it...

(Dec 20th is still a bit too late for anyone to get it for Christmas though...)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

papillon wrote:I am now torn between squeeing and worrying that due to nasty personal financial circumstances that came out of the blue, I probably shouldn't grab it...)
^_^ same with me, I'll probably have to wait until the summer (unless I can persuade a friend to it) :? But since there are so little games actually out of print, I suppose this can wait.

I agree it will be a bit late, putting it out on the 20th if they want to hit the christmas market - but actually I have no idea about marketing stuff, so they may have a reason behind it. I still have a bad heart at Hirameki for not going on with Five-o-One, I was so looking forward to it :cry: No AYA or Ever17 can ever substitute that.

Quin
Regular

Re: Ever 17

#5 Post by Quin »

PyTom wrote:For those people who are interested, Hirameki just announced on their blog that Ever 17 will be released on Dec. 20, as opposed to February of next year.

If I'm parsing the message correctly, it looks like this was a request from the Peter Payne zaibatsu.
Since you mentioned Peter, I decided to check his site to see if there's any info on it. I don't know if four days will make a difference to anyone, but according to JBOX.com, This item is in stock in San Diego... and there's also a link to a demo.

Cazel
Regular

#6 Post by Cazel »

I just placed my order for Ever 17 tonight through Peach Princess(heh). Just happened to check out Hirameki's site and noticed the release date change. Now I just need to wait for the game to arrive. *sigh*

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#7 Post by PyTom »

For what it's worth, I wound up ordering through Peach Princess. While I had the 25% off coupon for AO, it wound up that Peach Princess had a cheaper base price ($34.95 vs $39.99), cheaper shipping ($4.50 vs $7), and no sales tax (IIRC, about $3), so it wound up to be a wash.

The akibaotaku coupon not working for me clinched it.

shaja
Regular

#8 Post by shaja »

I also ordered through Peach Princess last night, since the akibaotaku coupon was displayed as $0.00 for me, and I decided against encouraging a retailer that doesn't have its act together.

So, I come home today and check my mail to find that jlist has charged me $39.95 instead of $34.95.

What a pain.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#9 Post by PyTom »

Are you sure it's not $39.45? That's how much I paid, including shipping.

shaja
Regular

#10 Post by shaja »

From the order summary mail:
Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HIRA010 Ever 17 - Out of Infinity 1 $34.95 $34.95
Shipping: USPS First Class (USA only): $4.50
Sales Tax: $0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $39.45
From the "ready to ship" status mail:
---> These items ship from San Diego via First Class Airmail:

> HIRA010 Qty 1 Ever 17 - Out of Infinity $39.95

The total of your order, including postage ($4.50), is US$44.45.

So, I mailed the sales department back, of course.
But no reply from that yet.

It's not like $5 is such a big deal... But it's my $5. :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by mikey »

Does AYA and E17 come with those terrible "art" booklets? Thats's actually such a horrible thing, because it's essenntially just air being transported, it's not even in color and it increases the size by more than 100%, and if you order more, you'll die of taxes (at least here), the customs guys just see a box that's bigger than their rules allow and promptly, you have a juicy import tax to pay, which makes that $5 look like peanuts.... :evil: EU sometimes... :evil:

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by monele »

I haven't seen any mention of art booklet in E17. And I hate such taxes too :(

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#13 Post by PyTom »

AYA does not come with an art book.

AYA is distributed on a pair of CDs. Each CD is placed in a full-sized DVD case, so there are two full-sized DVD cases involved. The two cases are then placed inside a cardboard box, which fits them snugly.

The resulting package is the same size as the Hourglass of Summer Box set, except that instead of the empty space/artbook, there is a second CD box.

I don't know how they are packaged, but some posts on the Hirameki forum imply that Ever17 is packaged on four CDs.

Hm... tarrifs at the border preventing free trade? Sounds like a job for... the WTO!

To action!

Well... negotiations!

That never accomplish anything!

Except to schedule another round of negotiations!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by mikey »

:cry: two CDs in two DVD cases... what I was afraid of. I wonder whether it would actually be cheaper to buy a ticket from those low-cost airlines and buy that DVD from some american store ^_^ . Anyway, thanks for the info, the good thing is there are no free t-shirts or stuffed animals, posters and keychains thrown in... if I buy a game from a store, those are a welcome thing, but ordering something is of course different.

shaja
Regular

#15 Post by shaja »

My copy arrived.

If anyone's still wondering, it's four cds, in two dvd-size cases and a box, same size as AYA.

Full installation size is 2.25GB.