Starry Sky in Spring - Fan Translation

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Erumi-On
Regular

Re: Starry Sky in Spring - Fan Translation

#16 Post by Erumi-On »

I saw this on another forum but my main problem is that I can't make the patch works """orz I've already downloaded the game a long time ago but the patch doesn't want to uh... be patched ? It keep saying that "invalid directory" when I put it in the Starry Sky In Spring folder : c

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#17 Post by papillon »

... try getting the real game? :)

(As a game-seller I'm pretty obligated to say that, y'know.)

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Riviera »

Oh wow. chensterrain, I could kiss you. This is so awesome, thanks for sharing!

I played Starry Sky in Spring with AGTH and LOVED IT. Now I can play it and have a much better translation! I can't wait! If I wasn't in the process of making cinnamon rolls, I'd go play it right now. Alas, I must wait.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Erumi-On
Regular

#19 Post by Erumi-On »

Papillon > *coughs* I'm not against this idea, it's just impossible for me xD *still needs her mom's approval for buying stuff online*

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#20 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Erumi-On wrote:I saw this on another forum but my main problem is that I can't make the patch works """orz I've already downloaded the game a long time ago but the patch doesn't want to uh... be patched ? It keep saying that "invalid directory" when I put it in the Starry Sky In Spring folder : c
Me too.. there has to be a solution for that TT_TT

Nadeshiko Shiraishi

#21 Post by Nadeshiko Shiraishi »

I have a dilemma and I hope you can help me. I downloaded the patch and managed to install it. But the words are not in English. Please help. DDD;

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#22 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Nadeshiko Shiraishi wrote:I have a dilemma and I hope you can help me. I downloaded the patch and managed to install it. But the words are not in English. Please help. DDD;
mine is even worse, it says invalid directory. >_<

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#23 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

GARLICBREAD wrote:I think it's fine as long as the group is never known or linked to.
Very true. :idea:

Cyal

#24 Post by Cyal »

I tried it!! ^.^ It took a bit long to read everything but the music and art are AMAZING!!

My fav is Kanata!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#25 Post by Aleema »

WHATWHAT? This is translated? *downloads right now*
Thank you for sharing!

Erumi-On
Regular

#26 Post by Erumi-On »

Nadeshiko Shiraishi > try to change the no-unicode(?) language from english to japenese ?

Anyway, I installed it on my laptop and it worked fine. (well, I couldn't see the " ! ", "..." & "?" but it's easy to guess....)
It's a nice game, I really enjoying playing. Discovering the story/problems of each characters isn't boring as it could have been.
The only annoying thing is that the guys actually love you since the start so even if you already made a choice (I picked Yoh-kun first, because he is french FTW it felt natural to go after the only one who confessed without asking anything xD) but you have to wait that the heroine notices her own feelings which is really annoying (after 3 hours of playing, she only starts to notice that their friendship between the four of them will change. Made me roll my eyes.)

I hope they will translate more of the Starry Sky series <3 It would be wonderful ! (but I'm still very glad if they only wanted to translate the first one ! >^<)

Oh and did you watch the anime guys ? The web previews can be easily found, the chara design is totally cute >w< (young Yoh-kun is so MOE )

sydsnapattack

#27 Post by sydsnapattack »

Hi~! I tried downloading it but it seems each time I get to the part on where to update it or something I'm not sure where to put it. Help?
I just like them romace games mhm~!

Celestie
Veteran

#28 Post by Celestie »

...no, I can't help about any of the problems here even if I successfully downloaded and patched the game. I can't even remember how I fixed the "invalid directory" but I did somehow...

I love this game so much that the first thing I'll do after I have learned enough Japanese (and I am so going to study Japanese studies, no matter what everyone tells me now after this crisis) is to buy all the other games (Summer, Autumn, Winter) and the spinoffs/expansions (the After -InsertSeason- series). While the story itself is rather normal, nothing too exciting, the heartwarming moments, the art and generally the characters are very enjoyable that I can easily overlook the un-exciting plot. (It's not easy to make an exciting story when it is set in a rather realistic school-life, I guess.) And I'm happy there are no stat-rising sequences, I tend to get very frustrated after a while... And I especially love that it is fully voiced with awesome male Japanese seiyuu~

For now my favorite is Suzuya (that his seiyuu is Ono Daisuke kinda helps, too, not that it was needed), but I already know I like the teachers (Autumn) as well as ...I think his name was Shiranui Kazuki (Winter).

Tsukiko is a lucky bastard D: but I think she does need a female friend once in a while...
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Kyrane

#29 Post by Kyrane »

i intalled the english patch but it didnt translate why?

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#30 Post by RemnantDream »

Elemental-Butterfly wrote:
Nadeshiko Shiraishi wrote:I have a dilemma and I hope you can help me. I downloaded the patch and managed to install it. But the words are not in English. Please help. DDD;
mine is even worse, it says invalid directory. >_<
Mine is like that too orz