English List

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: English List

#31 Post by mikey »

The newest version is generated, I hope everyone finds their games!

http://atp.manga.sk/english/index.htm

Actually, I'm bringing this up again because I'd like to check to see if there is a game / project / translation that I have missed.

And no, this is not a list that distinguishes between fan translations, OEL or "licensed" games, although it does show you whether the translation was authorized (TA), unauthorized (TU), or the game was originally developed in English (OE).

Other quick explanations (don't mind the strange classifying system):
- PPE basically means unfinished translation
- PROJ means projects
- 1.TF / 3.RTF are typically visual/kinetic novels
- 2.NTF are typicaly hybrid gameplays

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#32 Post by monele »

Totally surprised by the exe format... but it works and I *can* search stuff, so no complaining! It's actually a bit cooler this way :).

I'm wondering : what's "Unknown Title 057" by Chibi Goddess and DaFool ? What's this secret project? :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#33 Post by mikey »

Maybe Chibi Goddess isn't the right producer (in fact looking at the archive I have there is no mention of CG, but I think at that time it was assumed under that label, back when visualnews existed), the game is an all-ages ren'ai project by DaFool, back when it was separated from a larger (yaruge) project which was later (left as?) Jenny Framework-tan, and part of it was continued on to Underground Clan of Treasach which became Yaruge Girl Triona... I so hope I got it right ^_^. It's almost as confusing as the many titles of Project Koneko.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#34 Post by monele »

Oh, so it's supposedly the next DaFool project, right? :) I guess there's no Chibi Goddess association then ^^. I'm not even sure I'll retain the name for future projects of mine but we have time before we can check that anyway ;p

Jake
Support Hero

#35 Post by Jake »

mikey wrote:The newest version is generated, I hope everyone finds their games!
I'm really curious as to how MorningStar ended up as 'MxF' - there's a single male character in the whole game and he's the antagonist! Seriously, it should be 'FxF'. ;-)

Also, just a note - Vista refused to do anything with the executable until I set it to run in XP compatibility mode; it just displayed the 'waiting' cursor briefly then disappeared without so much as opening a window. :/
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#36 Post by mikey »

Thanks! I'll correct everything for the next release... MS's MxF is actually a typo, I played it, so I know but... :roll:

I never tested this on Vista, but it's good to know it runs... even though it has to use compatibility mode. I'll keep this in mind.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#37 Post by papillon »

The exe works, but it's really slow/laggy for me (XP).

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#38 Post by DaFool »

mikey wrote:Maybe Chibi Goddess isn't the right producer (in fact looking at the archive I have there is no mention of CG, but I think at that time it was assumed under that label, back when visualnews existed), the game is an all-ages ren'ai project by DaFool, back when it was separated from a larger (yaruge) project which was later (left as?) Jenny Framework-tan, and part of it was continued on to Underground Clan of Treasach which became Yaruge Girl Triona... I so hope I got it right ^_^. It's almost as confusing as the many titles of Project Koneko.
Sorry about that... I'll hold off on announcing project titles for a while (to save those who take not of this stuff such as mikey a lot of headaches.) Ideas have a way of developing on their own and going on tangents to the original ideas.

Chibi Goddess, the label used for MagBou -- I asked monele if I can use it for any other all-ages projects (whether collaborative or not), and he seemed fine with it. But I don't think it'll be used for a while because it's a pretty high standard ^_^.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#39 Post by monele »

mikey : since it seems to be a bunch of HTML pages and the EXE is just a viewer, couldn't you make a separate "HTML" release? Of course, I might be wrong about how this exe is made.

DaFool : I wasn't sure what we decided about the name in the end. Thanks for refreshing my memory ^^. So, are you going to make this project next or is there something else in your plans?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by mikey »

monele wrote:mikey : since it seems to be a bunch of HTML pages and the EXE is just a viewer, couldn't you make a separate "HTML" release? Of course, I might be wrong about how this exe is made.
It's a wrap-thing for HTML as I understand it... but the thing is, even when it's lagging and all, I like the idea of an exe.

In essence it's all generated from a simple text (XML) database - the selected fields (as I have a bit more fields than what is seen) are saved as HTML, I have another program that replaces strings of text and this way "nicens up" the generated HTML, and more or less, that's it. Then, this is packaged in the exe file.

So it's as easy as selecting and sorting according to the right columns to make a HTML version - even special ones - OELs only, FTs only, VNs only and so on. But I don't really want to do this, because I like the whole clumsiness of this system - and also its advantages (one-file, all titles on one page, picture-based...)

DaFool wrote:Sorry about that... I'll hold off on announcing project titles for a while (to save those who take note of this stuff such as mikey a lot of headaches.)
Really, it's not that bad. I view my list as a notepad, where I put in the information I'd like to remember (so I don't really need to remember it - I'm older now ^_^), basically this is information on whether a game is fully in English or not (not complete (yet), or not (fully) translated (yet)). And a small picture so I know how it looks like. So don't worry about announcements - make them whenever you want, the style of working is individual :). In the PROJ section, every game is equal.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#42 Post by mikey »

Amazing, where do you get these titles... Thanks!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by monele »

Just making sure... I couldn't find any links or whatever. Is it published for the english market already or just in Korea?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by mikey »

I understood it was Korean, to be translated to Japanese. The screenshots though, were English... Strange, strange :P

GLACIER
Regular

#45 Post by GLACIER »

Yeah, those screens were captured from a demo aimed at American publishers, although nothing ever became of their efforts.

Edit: I've uploaded the demo on Megaupload now (not sure how long it'll stay up though), if anyone's interested in having a look.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OB83AO98