Quartett! english translation is out!

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
IceD
Veteran

Quartett! english translation is out!

#1 Post by IceD »

So, after more than three years of work, the english translation of Little Witch' Quartett! visual novel has been finished and the patch is available from now on.

You can grab it HERE.

Here's a short synopsis, taken from VNDB:

"On the 17th of March, there is a classical strings concert unlike any other in the world. Ninety-six young musicians, divided into twenty-four quartets perform before an audience of the world’s greatest conductors and instrumentalists. Only one group - a single quartet - is chosen form these performers. Success brings prestige beyond imagination and guaranteed entry into any orchestra on the planet. It is a once in a lifetime chance for those striving to perfect the art of music. The ultimate dream… and possibly the ultimate nightmare."

Also, don't forget to buy the original game! I'm planning to get and play it this summer :)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Quartett! english translation is out!

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

I just saw the news a few minutes ago. Thank you for starting a topic about this translation patch.

One of Littlewitch's other VNs, Period, has a partial translation.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

I already have Japanese games I've paid to import that I still haven't gotten around to patching and playing so I'm probably not chasing after this one yet (Any idea where to find a copy while ErogeShop is closed?) unless it turns up on j-list for easy ordering and adding to my pile. (yes, confused reader, they do sell games still-in-japanese as well)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

Is there a way to support the defunct Littlewitch, or is paying greedy auctioneers the only way to go for honest people?

Three years ago I would have paid an arm and a leg, but nowadays I'm kinda pissed off at Japanese game developers in general.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#5 Post by Blue Lemma »

DaFool wrote:...nowadays I'm kinda pissed off at Japanese game developers in general.
How come?
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

Blue Lemma wrote:
DaFool wrote:...nowadays I'm kinda pissed off at Japanese game developers in general.
How come?
Their ridiculous outdated insular attitude. They already have legions of fans willing to go through the trouble of translating their games (for free!) and do not take advantage of it for the most part.

On the other hand if I wanted to share something with Japan I'd have to hire a translator for thousands of dollars!

More recently just look at the Tales of Graces F translation project... the script is practically finished, and yet Namco Bandai is still dicking around with uncalled-for teasing. Just localize and release the game, already. No bullshit, please.

machinist
Regular

#7 Post by machinist »

so anyone know the cheapest place to buy this game

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#8 Post by LVUER »

DaFool wrote:Their ridiculous outdated insular attitude. They already have legions of fans willing to go through the trouble of translating their games (for free!) and do not take advantage of it for the most part.
So do you mean Namco should let fans translate their game for free, QA it, and then release it to US with the usual price?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#9 Post by papillon »

Of course, there HAVE been more companies trying to work with fan translators lately, and now message boards are lined up with angry 'fans' bashing them for it.

And it is seriously not as easy as you may think to release a game in a new market even if you are handed a translation for it, ESPECIALLY on console.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#10 Post by yummy »

Different countries, generally means different markets. Especially with game companies that publish visual novels. There's also a certain degree of acceptance, for example in my country (France) a VN wouldn't be popular at all, due to legions of fat ass elitists that claim it isn't a noble medium.
For example, Hatsune Miku is being bashed by incults and close minded "artists" that are prone on releasing dumps of "sensational post modern art" which are only appreciated by themselves.

The only way for VNs to penetrate the french market is none other than import purchase. When the media is in an immaterial purchase (downloading content), it's even easier.
That's what you call cultural clash. Some things are easier to sell in some countries than in others.