Destiny Stone

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

Destiny Stone

#1 Post by icebluehost »

This is an online browser game I found in facebook. From what I've seen in other forums, this is a browser game which was translated from Korean. Here's a brief summary from the facebook fan page:

In Destiny Stone you must help Penelope Pearl save Nassaria from the evil God of Destruction! Explore a beautiful fantasy world in this free anime roleplaying adventure game.

Learn magic spells, craft items, make friends and go on romantic dates as you unlock the game's engaging storyline. You could even fall in love!

So far I find it very interesting and addicting to play. You get to go on adventures and create objects (pretty much like alchemy) in order to get better weapons or some items that are important in the game. It has a side-scrolling RPG element where you get to fight and beat monsters. Plus, you get to meet several guys which, supposedly, you could fall in love with. So far I've only met two guys and I'm only in Chapter 1 of the story. Unfortunately it has a lot of bugs. Like there are times when some chapters are skipped (I only realized this when I was looking through the 'diary') or some items or objects or images in the game haven't loaded properly. But even with these bugs, it's doesn't keep you from enjoying the game. Or at least that's in my opinion.

Feel free to check it out here
http://www.facebook.com/playdestinyston ... one?v=info

Or you can start playing the game here
http://apps.facebook.com/destinystone/

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Destiny Stone

#2 Post by Riviera »

I'm playing this. Make sure you report all the bugs to the team! They are aware of some of them, it's true, and are waiting on the actual dev team to fix them.

However, it doesn't hurt to let them know that it's still important for us. I've been playing for almost two months now and they're bringing out a new chapter, but none of the bugs have been fixed. In the entire time I've played. -_-;;
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

icebluehost
Regular

#3 Post by icebluehost »

It sounds like you've been playing for a while. Can you share some of your thoughts with me? I don't know if it's because of the bug or something but there are some parts of the story that I skip without me realizing it. And because of that I'm not entirely sure how the 'choosing a guy' thing works. Is the story linear or does the story depend on which Guardian you take with you on adventures?

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#4 Post by Snowflower »

Ah, I was playing this, but all of a sudden, it won't let me jump.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Riviera »

icebluehost wrote:It sounds like you've been playing for a while. Can you share some of your thoughts with me? I don't know if it's because of the bug or something but there are some parts of the story that I skip without me realizing it. And because of that I'm not entirely sure how the 'choosing a guy' thing works. Is the story linear or does the story depend on which Guardian you take with you on adventures?
The story's linear. The guys really only affect the combat and the color of jewels you can destroy. You have to replay the same stage in order to have a conversation with them, and if you pick the right answer you get "love points" with them. After you get the right amount of love points, you'll fill up one of their hearts and get a date event with them. The date events are bugged, so while they WILL run okay, the CGs will not show up in the gallery. Known bug, hopefully will be fixed soon.

The game does skip the guys' first part of the "Listen to Your Story" conversations. This is a known bug that hasn't been fixed yet. Maybe I'm just being whiney, I dunno. ~_~'

Also, make sure you pick "Adventure" and not "Continue the Story" or the stage title will hang on the screen forever. There'll be a big banner over the stage you go to that continues the story, and everything will keep going fine. Yeah, they know about this, too.

Snowflower wrote:Ah, I was playing this, but all of a sudden, it won't let me jump.
Yeah, it has issues with the platforming and will occasionally freeze your character or have other fun things happen, like you can fall through floors or get stuck in thin air. Sometimes big chunks of wall or floor are missing. The only solution for the freezes I've found is to hit the little "end game" button. That'll take you out of the stage and let you keep most or all of the stuff you've found until then... yep... another known bug.

Sigh. I dunno. This game does have a lot of cuteness and fluff and fun in it, but what makes all of this so aggravating is that they expect to make money off of this game, yet can't be arsed to make sure it runs properly. It's not the localization/english team's fault from what I can tell, they keep telling us that they've already told the dev team and are waiting on them to fix it. :?

icebluehost
Regular

#6 Post by icebluehost »

Riviera wrote: Also, make sure you pick "Adventure" and not "Continue the Story" or the stage title will hang on the screen forever. There'll be a big banner over the stage you go to that continues the story, and everything will keep going fine. Yeah, they know about this, too.
There's a bug like that? I choose "Continue the Story" to move the story further and it seems to be working. I'm not sure what banner you're talking about though...is the banner something like the title of the area you're in? It's not like "Chapter 2 Episode 3: ..." or something like that is it? Or maybe you're talking about not doing that when there's no more chapters available for you to play maybe? I'm still in the 2nd Chapter so whenever I choose the "Continue the Story" it still works fine.

machinist
Regular

#7 Post by machinist »

aw i made a thread about this b4 lol http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... f=6&t=8131

well at least it looks like more ppl are aware of it now

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Riviera »

icebluehost wrote:
Riviera wrote: Also, make sure you pick "Adventure" and not "Continue the Story" or the stage title will hang on the screen forever. There'll be a big banner over the stage you go to that continues the story, and everything will keep going fine. Yeah, they know about this, too.
There's a bug like that? I choose "Continue the Story" to move the story further and it seems to be working. I'm not sure what banner you're talking about though...is the banner something like the title of the area you're in? It's not like "Chapter 2 Episode 3: ..." or something like that is it? Or maybe you're talking about not doing that when there's no more chapters available for you to play maybe? I'm still in the 2nd Chapter so whenever I choose the "Continue the Story" it still works fine.
Maybe they fixed this particular bug? That'd be awesome. Could also just be lucky, I don't think it hits everyone.

Either way, that's good.

Banner. I mean if you choose Adventure, you'll see the name of the stage you need to go to hovering over that stage. And the thing that comes up at the beginning of each stage telling you the name of that stage. :)

icebluehost
Regular

#9 Post by icebluehost »

@machinist: Oh I didn't notice that there was a thread previously. >.< Sorry about that. But it's probably not that popular yet because it's still new and it has several bugs that needs to be fixed. I hope they fix those bugs soon.

@Riviera: Oh yeah that one. Nope, I don't have that problem, thankfully.