The Otome World According to Rivi & Meg! *spoilers*

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Megumi
Regular
Projects: Love Buffet

Re: The Otome World According to Rivi & Meg! *spoilers*

#31 Post by Megumi »

So true. Plus, the skip button isn't the nicest one. Unlike other games, you have to keep your finger on it uu"""" And it skips everything, regardless whether you read it or not. To actually notice differences, you have to click slowly with you finger to read everything ^^"""

....DO NOT NOTICE THE WEIRD PERSON IN THE BACK OF THE FIRST SCREENSHOT FROM RIVI'S SCREENSHOT.
La vie est un rêve, c'est le réveil qui nous tue.

Love Buffet

To read about (crackish) reviews for otome games, click here.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#32 Post by Snowflower »

Megumi wrote:So true. Plus, the skip button isn't the nicest one. Unlike other games, you have to keep your finger on it uu"""" And it skips everything, regardless whether you read it or not. To actually notice differences, you have to click slowly with you finger to read everything ^^"""

....DO NOT NOTICE THE WEIRD PERSON IN THE BACK OF THE FIRST SCREENSHOT FROM RIVI'S SCREENSHOT.

That is veryyyy true. It was a pain and after a while. When I got like 11 questions right & got one wrong, I had to press onto the button for such a long time, and my thumb started to ache.

WAIITTTT what screenshot? I want to see the weird person. haha.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

otomegirl24
Regular
Projects: Kiss & Tell [WIP]

#33 Post by otomegirl24 »

Yeah, I second...well third that notion I guess.

I hate not having the option to save before I make a choice or something in case I mess up too many times, otherwise I have to start all over. >.<

Carmelly

#34 Post by Carmelly »

Which of the 8 characters are the 5 that come with the original game and not the extension packet?

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Riviera »

Chapter three's up, four is up on the blog but not finalized so the link isn't in the post yet. I feel so lazy because it takes MINUTES to flip through these chapters but much longer to grab all the pictures and extras and write these up ~_~.

I actually introduced them in the order they show up in the game roster. The last three, (Hinata, Izo and Hisame) are the ones you have to pay extra for.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

kamiruxkamiru
Regular
Projects: Mafia's Queen

#36 Post by kamiruxkamiru »

err. sorry for randomly posting but will it work on Android smartphones?(i have LYNX 3D with android OS).

I have keitai ouji(Mobile Prince, its like web kare to anyone who knew it), and its available with android and iphone. i hope this works with android too. TT^TT

Mariko

#37 Post by Mariko »

Hi !
Just wanted to say, I finally got Mikage Abe's happiest ending, and it's totally cute (though I suspect the horse of being the grand final of all that teasing of the MC !). He's not always easy to see through, but he is definitely (for now) my favorite character !
Anyway, back on subject ! Props for the fun and witty commentary, I really like and enjoy your blog (though I am secretly sure that Kuze is a total jerk :0).
Thanks for your hard work !
I might try the cold-hearted gardener, next. He seems a lot of fun !

Celestie
Veteran

#38 Post by Celestie »

...why...aren't there any such games for android smartphones? ;_; I think there is a Japanese android game, but you gotta have a Japanese e-Mail for it or something.

I know, despite games like Hakuoki and StaSky being probably localized in America, it will still be of much use if I learn Japanese xD So that someday I can play away boring bus time with otome games on my phone...

*sighs* I wish i could play that game you girls are featureing here xD But thanks for this~
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#39 Post by RemnantDream »

Megumi wrote:....DO NOT NOTICE THE WEIRD PERSON IN THE BACK OF THE FIRST SCREENSHOT FROM RIVI'S SCREENSHOT.
INOTICEDINOTICED.
That is in fact the whole reason I bought the extended pack thingy.
I love this game. I've gotten all the happiest endings *dies* SUCH A PAAIIIN -__-

lulucakes

#40 Post by lulucakes »

Hey! There's a ninja version of this game, called Shall we Date?: Ninja Love and it's really good. I actually downloaded this one first. In the ninja game, the guys are hotter and manlier and it's the same price, but with only 3 guys and 4 that are buyable. The storyline of one character takes about one and a half hours, and it's really interesting.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Riviera »

lulucakes wrote:Hey! There's a ninja version of this game, called Shall we Date?: Ninja Love and it's really good. I actually downloaded this one first. In the ninja game, the guys are hotter and manlier and it's the same price, but with only 3 guys and 4 that are buyable. The storyline of one character takes about one and a half hours, and it's really interesting.
I sawwww. The price for the packs (which are only 2 guys each) makes me really sad. Especially because Goemon will probably be a hilarious guy to go for.

The rest of the ones you have to buy, I don't actually care about. Yet. Seriously, though. They didn't fix most of the problems that were pointed out in Heian Love (lack of sounds/music, lack of save function, grammar and spelling issues.. which are actually WORSE), which also annoyed me a bit. Although they do let you clean your mailbox out now.

It's still fun, though, and I'm actually glad they cut the endings down. All you can get is Happy, Normal, and Bad. I haven't gotten a bad ending yet, but they always have those, so I'm sure they're around. I haven't gotten any Heian Love bad endings either, but I assume that the heroine dies or is ditched in them.

Also I started the Let's Play back up on my new blog but I'm trying to be subtle about advertising it ahahahaha... ha.

I've gotten chapters 5 and 6 done and am working on 7 as I type this. Well, not literally. You know what I mean.

As for the other posts:

As far as I'm aware this isn't available for android. Sucks, I know. It's a nifty game, and the artwork is awesome.

Thanks for all the comments!!

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Riviera »

Okay! I hate to double-post but I should put up at least one preview pic for all four chapters that've been done since people last heard from this LP.

Four, you ask? Where'd I come up with four? I got #8 done today, just haven't gotten all the pictures dropped in yet. Once that's done and it's had one final proofread/touch-up, it'll be finished. And I'll be one chapter past the half-way mark. Huzzah!

Should be done by later tonight.

Chapter 5 & 6

Image Image

Chapter 7 & 8

Image Image

Funny how I managed to make the two shots on the left be of him all dozy/sleeping, and the two shots of him on the right are all awkward and fumbly.

Although really, those are some of the things he does best.

It's going much faster these days, and as always, comment! Comment, comment, comment! Really, I can't emphasize enough how awesome it is to hear what people think.

Constructive criticism is also always welcome. If anyone would like. :)

Hupport

#43 Post by Hupport »

Nice, for Chapter 5 & 6 in particular. Splendid work, man! :)
Last edited by Hupport on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Riviera »

Hupport wrote:Nice, for Chapter 5 & 6 in particular. Splendid work, man! :)
Thank you!

I haven't posted recent updates since I don't want to triple post, but Emperor Kuze's route is actually almost finished. I just have one more chapter to go, and then there will be a break of a few days, then I'll be starting to give Hinata the same treatment.

I've reviewed Ninja Love and Konkatsu for Marriage on my blog as well, if anyone wants to see those.

I also decided to put up a few CGs and scenes from other routes while I'm LPing Hinata, since I'll be moving between countries in December so I might be too busy for full chapters then! :D

EDIT: Hahaha! Guys, stop lurking! I keep seeing lots of views, but no one ever comments on anything but the reviews!

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#45 Post by Riviera »

Hinata's LP is now underway, and I'm posting information about Solmare's newest game, My Sweet Prince.

I also have a creativity contest up on this page if anyone would like to take a look.