[Closed! Thank you!]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Vegeluxia
Regular
Projects: The Exorcynic (WIP), CPU-CITY (WIP)
Tumblr: lemonylulu
Deviantart: Vegeluxia

[Closed! Thank you!]

#1 Post by Vegeluxia »

Hello! I'm currently looking at add a writer or two to the team of my game The Exorcynic, my sort of love letter to the Ace Attorney series. Except instead of dealing with law, it deals with solving people's personal problems and exorcisms.

Synopsis:
Ever since he was a child, it was always Reus' dream to be an exorcist like his father. Unfortunately for Reus, he's never been particularly good at it, and when a demon appears before him offering him a chance at success, Reus jumps at the chance. But if anyone was going to blow it, even with supernatural help, it would be Reus. Now, faced with a price he doesn't want to pay, it's either save them or save yourself.
Reus is an exorcist, but instead of dealing with the usual kind of spooks, he works to heal people’s “inner demons,” negative feelings people carry around with them that have manifested in the form of a spirit---which may even become physical manifestations if they become too powerful.

The entire game is about getting to know the characters, and then either befriending them and helping exorcise their inner demon, or completely throwing them under the bus to save your own skin.

Themes!
Betrayal and trust, and the importance of self confidence are prevalent themes throughout. Other things vary from character to character, but, as this game does deal with personal issues, some routes deal with darker themes than others (including death).

Currently, the prologue, common route, and some character routes are completed. I'm aiming for each route to be around 15,000/20,000 words. The amount of work done varies from character to character, and that's what I'm looking for help with!

This game differs a bit from traditional VN's in that it's almost entirely dialogue driven---and what isn't dialogue is the main character's internal monologue. Everything is described through conversation and internal thought, so there's not really a need for highly detailed descriptions of things like the scenery. It's a lot more like a play script than a novel.

I'm very open to giving the writer(s) creative liberties, as I only have end results planned (the problem.) However the writer chooses to get to the solution, or solve the mystery, is all fine by me! I only have a few special requirements for some characters.

Musts!
>I don't have a hard deadline, but I'd like to have everything around sometime in June. (If you can do it earlier, great!)
>Must be comfortable working with the themes listed above
>Comfortable working with preexisting writing, in some route's cases.

There are four character routes to work with, so please email me if you're interested, and I'll send you some more in depth details about them! *PMs and replies are okay too, but an email will definitely be faster!

lemonylulu11@gmail.com

Please include quotes or general pricing in your email! If interested, I am also more than willing to do trades. You can take a look at my art samples here: https://lemonylulu.tumblr.com/search/my+art

Thank you!
Last edited by Vegeluxia on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

Re: Seeking Character Writers [Mystery/Comedy/Drama/Mild Sci

#2 Post by Lucky1443 »

emailed!
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

BlackFlameExplosion
Projects: The Legend Of Ocelia.
Organization: Infinity Stories

#3 Post by BlackFlameExplosion »

Emailed. :)

SchmidtSource
Tumblr: schmidtsource
itch: schmidtsource

#4 Post by SchmidtSource »

I sent an email your way, friend. It has a few writing samples attached, so I recommend checking your junk mail to make sure it didn't get filtered out!