Stardom in Seoul [BxG] [BxB] [GxB] [GxG] - Looking for team

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
iiNeutral

Stardom in Seoul [BxG] [BxB] [GxB] [GxG] - Looking for team

#1 Post by iiNeutral »

Hi there! I'm [removed], and I'm recruiting team members for my Visual Novel project. Here are some details about it.

Stardom in Seoul

A guy/girl named Kyle (name and gender customizable) moves to South Korea/was born there to pursue their dream of becoming an idol. They are 21 years old, which is fairly old for an up-and-coming idol, which makes pursuing their dream difficult. In a last ditch effort, they audition for an extremely famous Korean pop band named "The Beat" and by a miraculous stroke of luck, they get in. The story is about their life as a famous idol. The story will chronicle their new found life as an idol, the various struggles and perks that come with it.

The romance options are: two of your band members, the son of the CEO of a powerful company and a janitor (more to her than meets the eye...)

Closed Positions
Sprite Artist: RaitVisualWorks
CG Artist: RaitVisualWorks
Logo Artist: minyan
Chibi Artist: Lilenee

Open Positions
BG Artist
GUI Artist
Writers
Proofreaders
Editors
Composer
Ideabouncer
Programmer

Payment
Payment can be done either: Upfront, or after Kickstarter. I greatly prefer paying after Kickstarter, but if your works are high quality, I can consider upfront too.

Characters
Park Jae-Hyun (romance option): The son of the CEO of Hadria entertainment, your company's rival entertainment company. He's very quiet, shy, and withdrawn, and prefers not talking much to people.
Kim Hye-Rin (romance option): A janitor who works at QT Entertainment (your company). She's very mysterious and hides a lot about herself, but will you be the one to unlock her secrets?
Min Ki-Woo (romance option): A member of "The Beat". He's hot-and-cold, and hides his emotions with a mask of anger and stubbornness.
Yang So-Young (romance option): A member of "The Beat". blunt, cynical girl with a tendency to speak what's on her mind.
Song Yihwa (romance option if stretch goal met):: A member of "The Beat". She's a cheerful, happy go lucky woman.
Lukas Taylor (romance option if stretch goal met): A member of "The Beat". He's cold and distant, and rarely speaks.

Gameplay
There are four main categories of stats: Ability, Personality, Life, and Relationships.
Ability
- Acting
- Dancing
- Singing

These stats affect what role you will play in your group. It's recommended to raise at least 2 of the stats at once, but not try to raise all three.

Personality
Personality stats are two sided. That means, for example, if you raise the "Flashy" stat, automatically the "Reserved" stat will decrease. All these stats together compromise your personality and how the audience will treat you.

Flashy/Reserved
Emotional/Stoic
Intimidating/Approachable
Ambitious/Cautious
Solo/Group

Life
Life stats reflect your current standing in the K-Pop world.

Artistry
Fame
Money

Relationships
Relationships are how well you get along with other characters. High relationship stat means they will treat you well and are more likely to help you, while low relationship will mean they will treat you poorly and go against you. Build both friendships and enemies in this game! Whenever you make a dialogue choice, the game will show you how the relationships have changes. There will also be a way to check relationships stats in game, meaning it is not hidden. In one playthrough, you may choose to befriend everyone, and in another you may decide to make everyone enemies. The choice is up to you!

There will be a Kickstarter after the demo is done. Contact me at [removed] or by PM if interested.
Last edited by iiNeutral on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

thischickdoesart
Tumblr: thischickdoesart
Deviantart: This-Chick-Does-Art

Re: Stardom in Seoul [BxG] [BxB] [GxB] [GxG] - Looking for team

#2 Post by thischickdoesart »

This sounds like a fun game. I was a pretty avid kpop fan years ago (Suju, TVXQ, ShiNee, etc.) so I'm familiar with the setting. Since the role of sprite artist is covered I could work in the following open positions:

Chibi Artist
Proofreaders
Editors
Logo Artist
Ideabouncer

I'm working on my "I Am An Artist" thread but in the meanwhile you can see some of my work here: https://www.behance.net/thischickdoesart

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

#3 Post by naqlada »

Hello,

I've put my email app into the mix for:

Writers
Proofreaders
Editors
Ideabouncer

Thank you.

iiNeutral

#4 Post by iiNeutral »

naqlada wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:08 pm Hello,

I've put my email app into the mix for:

Writers
Proofreaders
Editors
Ideabouncer

Thank you.

Hi there, I have not received your e-mail. Please send the details to me in a PM.

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

#5 Post by naqlada »

Done.

lululuprimal
Completed: Rain World, Cyborg Run, IVOX, Junk Jack X,
Projects: Infinite Oasis, Lolita Pinball, Ghost Bird, Space Cat Boyfriend, Drill Deep
Organization: Videocult, LLC
Soundcloud: Lydia Primate

#6 Post by lululuprimal »

Hi Rhea!!

Love this idea, I'm a big kpop fan, so this sounds like a lot of fun! Just sent you an email submission for the following open positions:

Composer

But, I'm also interested in:
Ideabouncer

I wrote a little demo track for you, let me know if you got my email when you have a minute, or if you need any other info from me.

Thank you!

Lukedoc321
Regular
Projects: Go! Go! Democratic People's Republic of Korea!, Project BEAT
Soundcloud: Luke Dougherty

#7 Post by Lukedoc321 »

I sent you an email and a PM for the position of composer!

sudaknees
Tumblr: deardudley
Github: sudaknees

#8 Post by sudaknees »

sent you a PM for the programmer position!
“Genius is no more than childhood recaptured at will, childhood equipped now with man's physical means to express itself, and with the analytical mind that enables it to bring order into the sum of experience, involuntarily amassed.”
― Charles Baudelaire

kisa-chan
Tumblr: http://kisa-kara-chan.tumblr.com

#9 Post by kisa-chan »

sent you an email yesterday for a writer position! ^w^