Maleficent Justice -Seeking for a programmer and more

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr
Tumblr: beautifulstarrx

Maleficent Justice -Seeking for a programmer and more

#1 Post by eileen »

Hello, guys. Sorry in advance if this post is too long. ^^;; Please scroll down to see some of the assets we have so far. :wink:

All programming applicants must send their applications by Monday at midnight PST. The programming position is now closed.

About the project:

MALEFICENT JUSTICE
Genre: Shōnen, Super Sentai(Power Rangers), Dark Fantasy, Corruption of Characters and many more!
Engine: Renpy
Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux.

Plot summary:

In the wake of a great defeat, Himeno is given a second chance to get revenge on the Shinken Rangers thanks to the help of Chaos and the powers he bestows upon her. The powers come at a price after their agreement–she must now complete missions and tasks as an Arbiter for Order and Chaos, her new advisers. The first part of her mission is to get revenge, which seems simple enough, right?

Unfortunately, the powers of the Arbiter come with a heavier cost than she realizes. Just as a vampire has a need and lust for blood to survive, Himeno needs and lusts for sex to survive. To get her revenge she must defeat and sexually conquer her foes to survive and complete her mission, which goes against everything she believes in and stands for.

About the development:
I've been working on Maleficent Justice since May 2014 after trying to recover over depression during Christmas season of 2013 due to some mental health stuff. Maleficent Justice or MJ for short was first conceived after watching Wreck-It Ralph, Disney's Frozen and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Which all three of which shape the concept of the story that we have today. Shinken Sentai Blade Ranger ~Sentouin no Yabou~ and Choukou Sentai Justice Blade Zero ~Daishuryou no Teki wa Daishuryou~ inspired me to make MJ a visual novel and also gave me ranger theme to start off with due to cgs and dark tone.

After a rough and fearful start, I can now say I am confident enough in the story to be good and a nice change pace to what have been already release as well as begin hiring extra help for the project. ^^ The art and writing are in motion as we speak with progress being made everyday. You can check our thread or blog if you samples of the art.

Example of Game assets:

Sprites

Backgrounds:

Music:

https://soundcloud.com/leetmusic/malefi ... troduction

What do we need?

What we need right now is someone to help with programming such as coding GUI and helping out in other aspect of programming such as coding text. I'll still be coding the dialogue but I would mainly focus on writing and completing the story, The GUI is already made with PSD files ready to go~

Example of things, you may code is: Manga-like pages CGS like 'The Dolls' Stories', medium to advance special effects(images), help out coding in the voices and maybe extra material like having two resolution to pick from.

For payment, we can do big sum or per hour system for right now until maybe beginning of the crowd fund. We will talk about that in pm in a later time. :wink:
Others may choose per job on pay as well as the others said above. Note: We will request the hours sheet at the end of the week. So, make sure that you keep that written though we will try to keep track as well.

We do have other jobs that may be filling like VA work but we will mention that when the times comes. Keep coming back for updates.

People who we are looking for:
-People that are interested in the project as a whole and not just for money. Team spirit, right?
-Someone that is professional yet still is fun and want to be friend.
-Hard worker and keeps on task given to him.
-Have some patience with me as sometimes I can be an upset demon.

This applies to all positions.

Other positions:

We will also be needing another editor to help out in editing process. 5k+ in word length to edit per chapter/part.

We will open up for two beta readers to read the script and give input on it. They're the second eyes to the myself the editors and will be telling me if the script is heading towards my intend direction or if it's too offensive/steering away from my goal. Note: All feedback must have some positive parts along with the bad ones. You will be sending it to the editor who will then give it to me to look at.

Voice Acting: TBA

Translations: TBA

Assistant: You will assist me on matters in game dev, social media, organizing files and such as well as answer questions to public. You may be juggling other multiple tasks if things do get busy. This is a core member job only. Closed

If you have any questions, then fill free to ask here or pm. ^^ Yes, this game is h-game.
Last edited by eileen on Tue May 19, 2015 12:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

eileen
Veteran

Re: Maleficent Justice -Seeking for a programmer and more

#2 Post by eileen »

I've added some game assets and new positions to the OP. Please check them out!

We also have set a due date for application for programmer until Monday at midnight PST. So, if you are interested then please sent it right away. :wink:

Peacemillion

#3 Post by Peacemillion »

Hi there!

New to the community but certainly looking to get cracking on a project.
As such I'm interested in the editing/proofreading positions if they're still open.

All the Best,

Peacemillion

Bonesy0
Regular
Organization: Top Hat Studios

#4 Post by Bonesy0 »

Hey hey,

Sent a message about that programming position mate.

-Bonesy

eileen
Veteran

#5 Post by eileen »

Peacemillion wrote:Hi there!

New to the community but certainly looking to get cracking on a project.
As such I'm interested in the editing/proofreading positions if they're still open.

All the Best,

Peacemillion
Hello, Peacemillion. ^^

Welcome to the community and I hope you like it so far. I'm going to send you pm sometime today about the editing position. ^^
Yes, the position is still open.
Bonesy0 wrote:Hey hey,

Sent a message about that programming position mate.

-Bonesy
Yes, I've received and read your message. I'll get back to you with a pm later today. Thanks for letting me know here. ^^

breep5

#6 Post by breep5 »

I have sent you a pm!
Check out the games I am in!
Yin/Yang - Minako
Summoner's Sweetheart - Ms. Chevalier

angelicsmana
Projects: Star Crossed
Deviantart: angelicsmana

#7 Post by angelicsmana »

Is there any artist position available?

eileen
Veteran

#8 Post by eileen »

angelicsmana wrote:Is there any artist position available?
We aren't looking for any artist to do work for us at this time. I will let you know when we will need someone to do that.

ggDropbear

#9 Post by ggDropbear »

Hey there! I am interested in either beta-reading the script or helping out as an Assistant. The story and game sound quite interesting and engaging!