[CLOSED]Dragon Dating Simulator looking for BG, CG and more!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
dragondatingsim
Regular
Tumblr: angelswithscalywings

[CLOSED]Dragon Dating Simulator looking for BG, CG and more!

#1 Post by dragondatingsim »

About our project

Setting:
You have been selected as one of the humans to travel to the world of dragons in a cultural exchange program. While you are only getting to know this strange, yet somewhat familiar land, it will be up to you and the friends you make to uncover a conspiracy that threatens this newly discovered world... and in the process, maybe even find love.

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Murder Mystery, Sci-Fi

Features:
- 4 potential love interests, each with their own paths and endings. (2 male, 2 female)
- 10 total endings
- Choices that will affect you even in subsequent playthroughs.
- No "Game Over" screens. While the possibility of bad choices is very much present, the consequences will haunt you until the very end.

Current progress:
Script for the demo has been written (30k words).
Demo is being worked on (40% done)
Art assets are being created.

Characters:

Bryce

As the chief of police, Bryce is a dragon of many skills - and responsibilities. As a leader, it is his mission to set an example for his fellow peers. Though he is not perfect, he actively tries to learn and break bad habits, such as his latest hobby to build wooden models (which he isn’t very good at) to train his fine motor skills and combat his tendency to rush into situations.

As an Earth Dragon, his vestigial wings are only remnants of a time when his kind could still fly, instead having traded the ability for additional armor. What he lacks in flight, however, is more than made up in strength and pure muscle.

At the end of the day, he likes to relax in the pub with a cool, refreshing beer, or five. If only he could take off his badge without it getting caught on his spikes all the damn time…

Others TBA

Payment:
To be negotiated on an individual basis depending on the work done. This will either happen as a lump sum payment for the work rendered or as a revenue share.

Open positions:
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are on board with the idea of the game and who wouldn't mind working on it as a hobby project. I currently regard it as a hobby project, but it is my full intention to finish this game and then sell it on platforms like steam, desura, gog, etc.
However, I will only be able to offer any sort of compensation if we can secure some funding via IndieGoGo or once we start selling the finished game, so please keep that in mind.

Open positions:

Concept artist:
Help us define the look of characters, backgrounds, various gadgets, etc.

Background artist

CG artist

We are also looking for:

Video wizard
For the creation of a trailer.

If you have any questions or want more information, just ask ;)
Twitter: @dragondatingsim
Tumblr: dragondatingsimulator
Last edited by dragondatingsim on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Yohoshi_Tsuki

Re: Dragon Dating Simulator is looking for Artists, UI and m

#2 Post by Yohoshi_Tsuki »

Hello.
I would like to apply to be the concept artist.
And if you want I can try to do the sprites to (if you are fine with black and white, since I sadly don't have the time for colouring).
This is what I can do:
Attachments
Rena.jpg

CupCakeComedy
Regular

#3 Post by CupCakeComedy »

I like the concept, so... I want to do and code the GUI (and anything else needed in that compartment).
A dragon fantasy interface? I'm in!
Please send me a PM with more details and we can have a deal and discuss on the style (I can also show some interface example). I'm skilled enough to help with other graphic elements, like a vector logo and support material.

dark fantasy interface (placeholders for art)
neointerface2.png
grunge/ancient interface base
neocutey.png
Fantasy game elements
proxyelements.png
Kawaii animated interface example
screenshot0097.png
Animated cutscene (the character sprite is a placeholder, everything move and is drawn by myself)
screenshot0103.png

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#4 Post by Aviala »

Hey there!

If you're still looking for a concept artist, I'd be interested to do it. I also do sprites, but I'm not confident I could do decent looking dragons in sprite quality... Designing them sounds fun, though.
To be honest, I haven't drawn many dragons before but I have been drawing a lot of lizards lately. They're in my sketchbook so I don't have them online yet but here are my art blog and my game dev blog:

http://aviala-doodles.tumblr.com
http://skyfishgame.tumblr.com/

Also, here's a painting I did a while ago that's a bit closer to a dragon but not quite; an Argonian from Skyrim:
http://minya40.deviantart.com/art/Liskomies-435773365

I could whip up some really quick dragon sketches later if you'd like? Though I'd rather not spend too much time drawing samples if it can be avoided.

dragondatingsim
Regular
Tumblr: angelswithscalywings

Re: Dragon Dating Simulator is looking for BG, CG and more!

#5 Post by dragondatingsim »

Main post updated :)

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: [Update]Dragon Dating Simulator looking for BG, CG and m

#6 Post by Ferdokki »

Did you still need a background artist?

Mireielle
Projects: Not Another Cinderella Story, BG art
Tumblr: mireielle
Deviantart: mireielle

Re: [Update]Dragon Dating Simulator looking for BG, CG and m

#7 Post by Mireielle »

Hello,

Id be interested in being a background artist if you are still looking. Here's my info: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 07#p404207
Freelance Artist for Hire
Anime Portfolio: http://mireielle.deviantart.com/
Work Portfolio: https://www.mireielle.com/