Calling on writers for "next-gen" Visual Novel!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Nvekmauvia

Re: Calling on writers for "next-gen" Visual Novel!

#16 Post by Nvekmauvia »

Uploaded the demo - link is edited into the original post!

Also, it appears to lag quite severely on older laptops/computers - if any of you experience heavy lag, please let me know your specs and give me an indication of your FPS (bring up the debugger by pressing "Q" in-game)

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#17 Post by Kinjo »

Hey there, this project looks really interesting!

So I tried the demo. First impressions: not too sure I like that fuzzy effect going all the time. Also it's hard to tell when I'm supposed to click next or not. I suppose that's what the arrow is for, but there are some segments where I click, there's no text (just a scene change) and then I'm supposed to click again, and that's kind of jarring, like I'm waiting for something to happen but it never does (because it already happened so fast). Also it lags a bit on my laptop (Windows 7 64-bit, 1.6 GHz processor, 6 GB RAM).

That said, I like the visuals and presentation a lot, and all the 3D environment camera movement and stuff. Really awesome that you can have 3D models changing expressions and animating like that!

I might have also found a bug, unless this was for some reason intentional: if you click on an object multiple times, it gets added to the top menu multiple times as well. I don't see the purpose for having multiple links to the same thing so I'm assuming it's a bug. Here's a screenshot.

TheEpicKnot
Projects: Ambiguous

#18 Post by TheEpicKnot »

This looks awesome. I'm working on my own project right now, but I doubt I could write at the speed you need anyway. Still, I hope you find a good writer. Best of luck to you!
Hey, would you like to hear a story?

liossenel
Regular
Projects: The editor(hentai)
Organization: none

#19 Post by liossenel »

HI there. I'm interested in the project. I don't have any link to send you from where I am. So feel free to ask me questions if the job is still open. I hope i'm nt too late, which is why I am rushing this reply.

KaenSe4
Regular
Completed: Good Morning Triss (2019), Palette Swap (Nano 16), Fairly Dangerous (Nano 15)
itch: kaense4.itch.io

#20 Post by KaenSe4 »

The randomness of the writing appeals to me. I'm better with characterization than putting out an actual plot, so I might not be the main writer you're looking for, but if you're interested in someone who does excerpt and anecdotes to develop the personality of a character, pm me and we can talk more. Perhaps I'll be a useful asset to your group.

Nvekmauvia

#21 Post by Nvekmauvia »

V_V Apologies for all the late replies! Thought Lemmasoft gives email notifications for new messages in the thread!
First of all, I'd like to thank all of the people who applied - we have now managed to get a writer, who apparently saw the project from this board (yay for Lemmasoft).
Kinjo wrote:Hey there, this project looks really interesting!

So I tried the demo. First impressions: not too sure I like that fuzzy effect going all the time. Also it's hard to tell when I'm supposed to click next or not. I suppose that's what the arrow is for, but there are some segments where I click, there's no text (just a scene change) and then I'm supposed to click again, and that's kind of jarring, like I'm waiting for something to happen but it never does (because it already happened so fast). Also it lags a bit on my laptop (Windows 7 64-bit, 1.6 GHz processor, 6 GB RAM).

That said, I like the visuals and presentation a lot, and all the 3D environment camera movement and stuff. Really awesome that you can have 3D models changing expressions and animating like that!

I might have also found a bug, unless this was for some reason intentional: if you click on an object multiple times, it gets added to the top menu multiple times as well. I don't see the purpose for having multiple links to the same thing so I'm assuming it's a bug. Here's a screenshot.
Cheers, will definitely check that out (it might be a design issue as the UI was one of the last elements of the game we chucked on)
TheEpicKnot wrote:This looks awesome. I'm working on my own project right now, but I doubt I could write at the speed you need anyway. Still, I hope you find a good writer. Best of luck to you!
Thank you, and best of luck to you too!
liossenel wrote:HI there. I'm interested in the project. I don't have any link to send you from where I am. So feel free to ask me questions if the job is still open. I hope i'm nt too late, which is why I am rushing this reply.
Apologies, but at this point we already have a writer on board - we'll be hiring a few freelancers later down the line though, so I'll let you know when those positions become available.
KaenSe4 wrote:The randomness of the writing appeals to me. I'm better with characterization than putting out an actual plot, so I might not be the main writer you're looking for, but if you're interested in someone who does excerpt and anecdotes to develop the personality of a character, pm me and we can talk more. Perhaps I'll be a useful asset to your group.
We'll be looking for freelancers later on, so will do when the time comes :)