I need backgrounds and images. (Special times game)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Cinderspark
Regular
Projects: Reaching
Organization: Embersift Gaming
Deviantart: csember

I need backgrounds and images. (Special times game)

#1 Post by Cinderspark »

For information on the game, please see my other posting on the subject which details a bit about the game itself.

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=30915

I know it's a lot of stuff, and for a non-commissioned work, it may seem impossible to take it, but I have a very specific set of images that I need and I can't draw backgrounds to save my life. If the game turns out well enough to monetize it, I'll make a few minor changes and I'll give the artist a portion of any profits as a partner. They will also definitely get a credit at the beginning and end of the game.

There is also a sprite call-out that you can take if you want. I would love to be able to use the same artist for both.
Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear back from you soon with a quick sample of any one of the images (more interested in in-house images than the cheery stuff at the beginning)

I need the following arts. Not including sprites.

Backgrounds:
Nice bedroom, slightly messy, well lit and warm. View from bed.
image of gun next to bed, partially covered by blanket, lights off.

Inside of a garage, with a car in it. View from Driver seat

inside of car, suburbs outside window. View from Driver seat
inside of car, highway outside window. View from Driver seat
inside of car, old orphanage outside window. View from Driver seat

outside car, approaching orphanage. From outside car.

(I also need a faraway view of same orphanage, isolated on a hilltop, very dark, for nightmare sequence.)

view of orphanage door, from outside.
view of orphanage door, from inside

large room with a single table in the center, gritty horror feel. Time worn. View from door.
Same room with table overturned, shattered against wall, and blood everywhere. view from door.

Top of stairs, three closed doors
close up on each door

top of stairs, doors ajar
close up of each door

Hallway with 4 doors. Right/left *can mirror*

inside of partially furnished rundown child room x8

closeup of bathroom door with light under door

kitchen, dirty dishes and pot in sink with gunk on it.

basement, cement walls and hallways, high small window grates with shadows beyond. 3 variations?

mad scientist room in basement. Think asylum surgery room.

Work with whoever happens to do sprites to make images of the characters, including a special hidden frame at the end that I will tell whoever takes the job but not here. It's a secret.
Last edited by Cinderspark on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: I need backgrounds and images. (Special times game)

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

In order to post recruitment threads, you need to reveal a few details on your project, as specified in our requirements for recruitment.

Please make the necessary changes to your opening post.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Cinderspark
Regular

#3 Post by Cinderspark »

Taleweaver wrote:In order to post recruitment threads, you need to reveal a few details on your project, as specified in our requirements for recruitment.

Please make the necessary changes to your opening post.
A minor change was made, since I felt that 'images needed for this game in a very specific style and using these specific images' was pretty indicative of my project. If there's anything else that is needed, let me know. I honestly don't know what else someone could possibly need...

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#4 Post by kisa »

I could try drawing sprites if you still need that?
I don't know if you mind my art style or not. But, I like to think it's fairly consistent.
My commissions page currently only has hastily drawn samples. I actually draw more like my icon and not like the badly done samples there...
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

Cinderspark
Regular

#5 Post by Cinderspark »

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I recently got sick and only just got better. If you want to take a crack at the sprites, I would certainly appreciate it. Your style is good, I don't know how it'll translate to the game but if you want to draw a few, or I may just make it full panel character illustrations rather than sprites, but at this point, I just need pictures so I'll work with whatever anyone deigns to make for me.

If you want to try your hand at a few sprites, I need 8 children, a deformed doctor, and a mad wife. All of them are placed in the 60's. except for the MC's which are placed in the late 80's.

I'll send you a message with the specifics of each character if you decide to take it, but if you just want to do these four for now, see what you think about the style, feel free

A curly haired tomboy redhead, wearing overalls and a yellow short-sleeve shirt. She has a blue baseball cap and a catchers mitt, and she's about 9

A sad looking boy, about 13, torn up as if by a wild animal. He's wearing jeans and a dark shirt.

The male MC, a brown haired police officer in uniform, in his early twenties, blue eyes.

the female MC, a brown haired girl, jeans and a blue blouse, blue eyes. 19 or 20, in college.

The overall style is dark and dingy, and remember that the children are ghosts, so they may have a slight transparency or something.

Cinderspark
Regular

#6 Post by Cinderspark »

This project has been scrapped, and transferred over to RPG maker. (I do not know how to delete this thread ^-^")