Our Healing Hearts (OELVN) (Paid or Partnership)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

Our Healing Hearts (OELVN) (Paid or Partnership)

#1 Post by demonicbagel »

Greetings. I am Mike, and my project is a romantic-comedy Visual Novel called "Our Healing Hearts". Our Healing Hearts is an Original English Language Visual Novel (OELVN).

The following is a simple Overview (subject to change as production gets under way)
Chase is an aspiring Film Producer and Director in college. His future as a baseball player shattered after an accident injured his leg, Chase has been hard at work to become a film maker capable of giving his audiences stories they'll love forever. As he struggles to please his professors and peers, Chase deals with the chaos that is his daily life. His mother pesters him to get married, his father, who was upset that baseball was out of the picture, gives poor advice for film making and relationships, and his little sister, Ella is always causing some sort of mischief. Not to mention the obnoxious manager he works under at the local movie theater. However, on his way home from work one day, a chance meeting with a beautiful disabled girl named Anastasia sends Chase, literally, sprawling to the ground. After this meeting, Chase feels that he wishes to see Anastasia more, and his meetings with this girl causes more problems. However, through it all, Chase sees some things going his way, and he's determined to achieve his goals, win the girl, and brighten up the world with his stories.
Initially, I had planned for Our Healing Hearts to be a Kinetic Novel, as I could see no way to pair Chase up with anyone other than Anastasia (this story was originally intended to be a manga, you see). However, I believe I have managed to come up a way to provide multiple endings to players who enjoy variety.

After players complete Anastasia's route, players will be presented with more choices which could ultimately change who Chase ends up with amongst other things. Possible routes could be Lilli - a painting savant with Aspergers Syndrome who also happens to be Chase's childhood friend, Amy - Chase's obnoxious manager at the movie theater who acts the way she does because she is afraid of being hurt again, and Yumiko - a college student from Japan who shares Chase's passion for Film and hides an embarrassing secret. If I plan to fund this project through Kickstarter, I may offer those who pledge a large amount a chance to work with the team to create other possible romances for Chase, amongst other rewards for varying pledges.

Currently, I am using the Visual Novel creator program Ren'py. However, if I manage to recruit a fairly skilled programmer who could create an engine from scratch or know's Python, then I am open to those possibilities.

Right now, all I have to show you is a short text-only demo that I made in ren'py. I could also provide you with some more detailed descriptions of certain characters that will appear (I don't have all the characters on it yet, and all that information may or may not change over time)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 45&t=31703 - Link to the Demo posted on here.

----------------------------------------

Team Members I need ---

As it stands right now, I am the sole member of the development team.

I need:

1 or 2 Character Artists (Priority) For the sake of consistency, a second artist will only be needed if the first only does sketching, line work, coloring, or shading, or they feel that they can not do it all by his/herself.
Background Artist
Composer
Second Writer
Programmer skilled in ren'py, python, creating custom things for VNS, or any mix of those

As needs increase or whatever, the team size may or may not increase. If you believe you have skills I could use outside the things listed, talk to me, and I will full-heartedly consider it.

Right now, a Character Artist is my biggest priority because I need something to show for future demos and advertisements, as for when I set up a Kickstarter - and from personal experience and preference, backers love to see the characters involved in the story. I would prefer manga/anime style work in this regard. As such, I would appreciate it if I could get some samples of your work for reference. If you need reference materials past what is detailed in the Character bios i have right now, I will be more than happy to provide them to you.

A second writer would be good to have as then I would have someone to knock ideas back and forth (the whole team can participate, but us writers would focus on the writing and stuff)

I would prefer if we worked as partners. I can't afford to pay for several dozen commissions... thus the Kickstarter. I can probably handle a few commissions from artists, though.

I can't think of anything else to discuss at this point. If you have inquiry on anything, please let me know. I hope to make an amazing product that makes all who play it happy. That is my ultimate goal with this.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Last edited by demonicbagel on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: Our Healing Hearts (OELVN) (Paid or Partnership)

#2 Post by Aviala »

Hey there! I sent you a PM. :)

Neryko
Regular
Deviantart: neryko

#3 Post by Neryko »

I'm interesting in be a character designer! My porfolio is in my sing. PM if you are interested please ^^ !
ImageImageImageImage

angelicsmana
Projects: Star Crossed
Deviantart: angelicsmana

#4 Post by angelicsmana »

Hey im interested!
You can check my works here. ^^
http://angelicsmana.deviantart.com/gallery/

demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

#5 Post by demonicbagel »

Update: I have a CG Artist, a Sprite Artist, and a Music Composer.

Still need: GUI/Background/Logo Artists

However, I am in a tight spot for money right now. All I can really offer at this time is an IOU. You will get your cut out of the Kickstarter Fund. If Kickstarter is not successful, then I guarantee you payment out of my own pocket as late as September. We plan on starting the Kickstarter sometime in August.

For now, as we are currently working on a demo to present in the Kickstarter, I need a decent GUI, about six backgrounds, and someone willing to do a logo. Details on what I want upon interest and inquiry. I pride myself on being an honest businessman, so if you put your trust in me, I will see to it as soon as I am able that you WILL be paid. You have my word.

I apologize that I can't offer any more than an IOU at this time (unless I find a summer job) but I really want this project to succeed. Let's make something awesome together!
Visual Novel Team's Twitter - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

Our Healing Hearts Tumblr Blog - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/

Avatar- Potato Cow Studios Logo Character by MelowBee

loaf0fbread

#6 Post by loaf0fbread »

demonicbagel wrote:Update: I have a CG Artist, a Sprite Artist, and a Music Composer.

Still need: GUI/Background/Logo Artists

However, I am in a tight spot for money right now. All I can really offer at this time is an IOU. You will get your cut out of the Kickstarter Fund. If Kickstarter is not successful, then I guarantee you payment out of my own pocket as late as September. We plan on starting the Kickstarter sometime in August.

For now, as we are currently working on a demo to present in the Kickstarter, I need a decent GUI, about six backgrounds, and someone willing to do a logo. Details on what I want upon interest and inquiry. I pride myself on being an honest businessman, so if you put your trust in me, I will see to it as soon as I am able that you WILL be paid. You have my word.

I apologize that I can't offer any more than an IOU at this time (unless I find a summer job) but I really want this project to succeed. Let's make something awesome together!
I've sent you a pm!