[Closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kikaharu
Regular

[Closed]

#1 Post by Kikaharu »

This is closed - If interested with anything at all contact the team leader.

Conditions&Etc:
-Must have Skype as means of communication.
-No specific deadlines but there will be weekend or random discussions through chatting on Skype.
-This is a commercial game. Everyone will be paid if game is popular and makes money. Otherwise everybody will be credit (even if not paid)
-Be comfortable with speaking to strangers about ideas and ways to improve.
-I will not bother you everyday and will be understanding if you have something personal going on or won't be able to continue on.

WHAT IS NEEDED:
- Artist
- Writer
- Other (don't know what else is need right now)

WHAT IS NEEDED FROM MEMBER:
-Very open minded.
-Creative for ideas.

CAN CONTACT Team Leader:
- http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/member ... le&u=30375 - Team Leader Puffpu
- Or post in the forum

We have some character ideas already, We have some of the story ideas down. So if you are interested message the team leader. Thank you for wanting to help!!
Last edited by Kikaharu on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

RotGtIE
Veteran

Re: Need Male Staff! for Escaping Illusion: The wanted Princ

#2 Post by RotGtIE »

You say that you need a male staff member for ideas and possibly for writing. Sex aside, what is the composition of the remainder of the team? Are the other members illustrators, musicians, programmers, or voice actresses? Also, do you have a synopsis of what the plot is meant to be for your title? Do you have a dev blog or any information which might help someone know if they are a good fit for the position?

Kikaharu
Regular

#3 Post by Kikaharu »

RotGtIE wrote:You say that you need a male staff member for ideas and possibly for writing. Sex aside, what is the composition of the remainder of the team? Are the other members illustrators, musicians, programmers, or voice actresses? Also, do you have a synopsis of what the plot is meant to be for your title? Do you have a dev blog or any information which might help someone know if they are a good fit for the position?
We have some information but it's a bit all over the place we are now trying to get into a google docs. We have a illustrator but not sure if she will be actually doing it or if we will need to find someone else later. No Musicians yet. We have a partially coder, she is going to try but might need someone else to help out too. No voice actresses or actors yet I think that will come later. We don't have a solid writer either yet.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#4 Post by Laiska »

I know this is a bit off the topic, but I don't see what having a specifically male team mate could possibly provide that anyone else couldn't accomplish, outside of roles where it makes a physical difference, like voice acting.

And are you looking for any male? Or only cis-males? Queer or straight males? What sort of input would this male be expected to provide? Seeing whether the game would appeal to men? Seeing if the male characters seem realistic to them?

What I'm saying is, unless you have a really strong reason, having a team member of a certain identity -only- for the sake of variety, and not because of what skills they can provide, is a bit silly. Plenty of game teams get by with only men, there's no reason it can't be only women.

puffpu

#5 Post by puffpu »

Laiska wrote:I know this is a bit off the topic, but I don't see what having a specifically male team mate could possibly provide that anyone else couldn't accomplish, outside of roles where it makes a physical difference, like voice acting.

And are you looking for any male? Or only cis-males? Queer or straight males? What sort of input would this male be expected to provide? Seeing whether the game would appeal to men? Seeing if the male characters seem realistic to them?

What I'm saying is, unless you have a really strong reason, having a team member of a certain identity -only- for the sake of variety, and not because of what skills they can provide, is a bit silly. Plenty of game teams get by with only men, there's no reason it can't be only women.
Hi there Laiska! I'm the team leader of this project. As it is true that we could most def. Run the team with all females, It was more for the fact that a male being on our team could speak up because I am soft spoken and help me keep control of ideas because I was getting overwhelmed. No I don't want to be demoted from team leader as it was my idea to start it. So I thought it best to have like a 'bodyguard' male who could perhaps help keep things under control. If that makes more of sense.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen

#6 Post by Laiska »

@ puffpu: I sort of get what you mean, but there are plenty of assertive females too! You don't need to have a man just to watch out for you, you just need a strong second in command. And that can come in any form :)

puffpu

#7 Post by puffpu »

Laiska wrote:@ puffpu: I sort of get what you mean, but there are plenty of assertive females too! You don't need to have a man just to watch out for you, you just need a strong second in command. And that can come in any form :)
I guess that is true~ c:

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#8 Post by Aviala »

I agree with Laiska. When I saw this topic I thought that maybe you wanted a different perspective, but turns out you need an assertive person. Assuming only men can be like that is really silly (and tbh, sexist, but I dont want to start a war so I'll just go now..)

Kikaharu
Regular

#9 Post by Kikaharu »

Aviala wrote:I agree with Laiska. When I saw this topic I thought that maybe you wanted a different perspective, but turns out you need an assertive person. Assuming only men can be like that is really silly (and tbh, sexist, but I dont want to start a war so I'll just go now..)
yes there is females that could do it too. But because we already are a team of all females. We didn't want to find another female that might end up making it even worse when they are suppose to be helping. And that's why we were looking for a male. Not really trying to be sexist but we wanted to make sure that it wouldn't of gotten worse with another female added in.

Laiska
Veteran

#10 Post by Laiska »

Kikaharu wrote:yes there is females that could do it too. But because we already are a team of all females. We didn't want to find another female that might end up making it even worse when they are suppose to be helping. And that's why we were looking for a male. Not really trying to be sexist but we wanted to make sure that it wouldn't of gotten worse with another female added in.
You haven't really described the problem you're trying to solve outside of having a soft-spoken leader. If your problem is that everyone on your team is passive, it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they are all female, that's just the personalities you ended up with. There are passive males as well, so just having a man on the team is not necessarily going to solve the problem.

Reverse the issue here: say an all-male team wanted to recruit a female simply for the sake of having someone "gentle," and not because she could contribute any special skill or insight. Doesn't that sound problematic? (If it doesn't then I fear we have a fundamental difference of opinion.)

You wouldn't recruit a woman to your team just because she's a woman, when she has nothing to contribute other than her presence - so why do the same with a man?

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#11 Post by SundownKid »

To further that, I think that it would be more descriptive if you simply said "looking for a team/project manager". After all, you don't just want someone who is assertive, but who has the skills to manage a team. Their gender or natural assertiveness has less to do with it than their skills at managing people. If you don't want to add an unnecessary team member then make sure you have examples of their credentials.

Kikaharu
Regular

#12 Post by Kikaharu »

If you didn't notice besides having an assertive member. It ask for idea and if possible to write. So I didn't just post it just for the being able to help the team leader. No, I posted it besides that because it is nice to have a different view on things. Also yes we still need some member but right now we got someone who is helping out with this. Also I'm not the team leader of this I posted this for the team leader. And if you are wanting to look at what we need http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 59&t=31710 going to that would be a better idea. She will need to updated some but it generally has the idea of things we need people for.

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#13 Post by blankd »

I get it this is some sort of meta commentary since they want a prince.

Like everyone else said you don't need a dude to get this project moving, rather than assemble a large team, how about doing a smaller (not commercial) project or giving a more informative pitch? There's very little information as is aside from how this is your first project.

Airda

#14 Post by Airda »

I pm'ed you.

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

#15 Post by Sorakun »

Also sent you a PM