Coder, Assist. Artist, & VAs needed for Mystery VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
AudreyIvy

Coder, Assist. Artist, & VAs needed for Mystery VN

#1 Post by AudreyIvy »

Hello! Modus Operandi Productions is looking for collaborator's in bringing what was a small pet project into a full-scale visual novel.

The project, originally known as Weston Devant: Ace Attorney, was initially designed as a simple recolor and rewrite of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney using the open source program PWLibrary designed to create custom Ace Attorney cases and had only a single person working on it as a labor of love. As more and more writing and character development occurred that the program couldn't handle in scope, as well as a lingering desire to set the game apart from it's basis, it was decided Weston Devant needed to be it's own game made in Ren'py instead of a recolor program.

Now tentatively entitled Cold Cases: Wesley Devant, (Cause Wesley's a way less pretentious name than Weston) the game is an episodic mystery game taking nods from not only Phoenix Wright, but other mystery kinetic novels such as Professor Layton and Zero Escape. Wesley Devant is a part time private eye with a bit of a bad habit of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and his former occupations as not only a detective, but a war veteran and university professor have netted him more than his share of enemies such as the spiteful Pria Heu; a Vietnamese prosecutor and former student of his and Cael Coleman; the lead homicide investigator of the Capital City precinct who's concerned Devant's meddling could cost him his job. Thankfully, Wesley is assisted by Victoria Aliquet, his ever faithful assistant in olive drab along with a budding law student by the name of Lisa Tornby.

So far, five cases have been sketched out ranging from a royal assassination to a murder in a hedgemaze to a locked room case with only a robot as a witness. Concept art has been done for most recurring characters in the story, and several mockups of the game's intended appearance are made as well.

I myself, am a character/background artist and designer primarily and serve that role on this project in addition to my role as the Artistic Director for Modus Operandi. For the early parts of the game, I've also been serving as the primary programmer. However, my minor programming abilities fall short for the vision we have for the game now that we have moved into a much more dynamic vision. As well, I recently suffered a catastrophic hit of losing my art computer which, while I was able to save WIPs for the game, I lost my access to art programs and a medium for programming. As such, I am asking for the following assistance. (Organized in order of importance.)

-A programmer capable of making minor GUI and features that make the game feel like a true mystery novel.

-An artist good at recreating the established style for the game in order to create digital copies of the character sketches until I can procure a new computer, and from that point, provide assistance by tweening and cleaning up character sprites and assets. (Examples will be provided to all who express interest in the position. We would rather the designs stay as private as possible until we begin showing off the demo to investors.)

-Voice actors and actresses. At the very least, we want the main recurring cast to be vocalized and if we can find minor talent to do so, we'd be floored. A link containing a master list of characters and voice requirements will be provided upon request.

-(Optional) Additional Writers for our writing team. Our pool already contains some great talent, but there is no such thing as too much. There is a far less impending need to fill these roles, so we will likely be very slow to responding to these requests.

-(Optional) A composer willing to make a small scale soundtrack (5 or 6 songs at most) for the game.

To tell you a little more about us, I'm the Artistic Director and a founding member of a larger group known as Modus Operandi Productions. We're a group of passionate multi-talented individuals from across the world (members from England; Portland, Oregon; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and more.) who met and decided we wanted to make art. We are still very young in our endeavors, and Cold Cases stands as our first effort we intend to publish commercially. Our requests here are inherently for non-permanent members of our team, but should we find you comfortable to work with and vice versa, we would not be opposed to accepting additional permanent employees for our later endeavors, especially as we push towards obtaining a physical location. (I don't make those decisions anyway.)

If you have further questions, feel free to ask within the thread so I can clarify any information and expand as necessary for all individuals reading this.

Anyway, thank you for reading, I know this was a lot so thanks for bearing with me. If you are interested in the project, by all means, post in this thread or PM me with examples of your work, the extent of how you'd like to be involved, or even if just to say you really like Wesley and hope we succeed. Moral support is important too.

Talk to you soon,
~Audrey

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

Re: Coder, Assist. Artist, & VAs needed for Mystery VN

#2 Post by Ghost #9 »

Is this a paid position? I don't believe that was mentioned anywhere in your post.

AudreyIvy

#3 Post by AudreyIvy »

Ghost #9 wrote:Is this a paid position? I don't believe that was mentioned anywhere in your post.
Yes, it is a paid position. It had intended to be implied by the thread's location in the Commerical projects, but it is a project that will be sold commercially and all those involved will be monetarily compensated. The actual amount varies quite a bit between positions, but generally includes a forward at the completion of demo materials, a full paid compensation upon acquiring our investment, and then for some positions, a regular percentage of proceeds from sales. As well, if one should end up joining Modus Operandi, the individual will also fall onto our regular payroll in addition to proceeds from specific work on the project. Thank you for asking.

AdamsAccount
Regular
Projects: ORISHA, Mermaids vs zombies, Lesbian pirate dating sim

#4 Post by AdamsAccount »

I'd love to join the team as a voice actor or a writer:
My writing:
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3224626/1/Birthstone
http://www.wattpad.com/story/32374405-air-2003
Note: Both stories have poor grammar,one character is very young, and another character does not speak english fluently.

As far as voice acting goes:
you can listen to my demo here, and my profile for that site also has audition samples on it.
http://castingcall.club/m/braincake
I have a much broader range than what is showcased in the demo, so if I could request a list of characters that would be lovely.

Thank you -Adam

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#5 Post by truefaiterman »

I can help with art (mostly character art or colouring backgrounds) and voice acting. You can check my dA and my art thread on my signature, and I can audition some lines if you wish.
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

AudreyIvy

#6 Post by AudreyIvy »

A number of public and private requests have come in for the character list, so I found it best to put it out into the open. If you wish to submit an audition recording immediately, you are free to do so, but we would appreciate if you let us know you intend to do so beforehand.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16M6 ... cslist_api

None of our positions have been officially filled at all, but we are diligently looking through all the materials provided to us and have only ruled one person out of consideration as of yet, and this person is well aware, so please do keep in correspndence with us. It can take me up to a day to answer messages as I do work a fairly heavy schedule. I will get to everything eventually.

To clarify as well, this is not a first come first serve situation. Myself and the rest of the staff at Modus Operandi are looking through all materials and will be settling on who we believe to be the best candidate for our situation. As we are still receiving new correspondence each day still, this process will still take some time to settle on.

Thank you,
Audrey

jezebelthenun
Regular
Projects: Currently working on my first VN entitled "Lovely End"

#7 Post by jezebelthenun »

I will definitely be auditioning for Latet!

Would you like the lines from the character descriptions?
Please fill out this short VN Preference survey!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2XH6MJ8

AudreyIvy

#8 Post by AudreyIvy »

We will no longer be taking any production team members for the project. Thanks everyone who sent things in and expressed interest. We are still taking voice actors, and any further applicants to that area should send their details to our casting director at anairisquinones@outlook.com.

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

#9 Post by Sorakun »

AudreyIvy wrote:We will no longer be taking any production team members for the project. Thanks everyone who sent things in and expressed interest. We are still taking voice actors, and any further applicants to that area should send their details to our casting director at anairisquinones@outlook.com.

You might want to change the post subject to indicate that it is closed so it will be easier for people to search through the posts.

HamFraIgaar

#10 Post by HamFraIgaar »

Sorakun wrote:
AudreyIvy wrote:We will no longer be taking any production team members for the project. Thanks everyone who sent things in and expressed interest. We are still taking voice actors, and any further applicants to that area should send their details to our casting director at anairisquinones@outlook.com.

You might want to change the post subject to indicate that it is closed so it will be easier for people to search through the posts.
The comment you're quoting is explicitly stating that it is not closed...

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

#11 Post by Sorakun »

HamFraIgaar wrote:The comment you're quoting is explicitly stating that it is not closed...
Sorry my wording may have been a bit off, but basically the title "Coder, Assist. Artist, & VAs needed for Mystery VN" is no longer accurate as
HamFraIgaar wrote:We will no longer be taking any production team members for the project. Thanks everyone who sent things in and expressed interest. We are still taking voice actors, and any further applicants to that area should send their details to our casting director at anairisquinones@outlook.com.
specifically says that you are no longer searching for coders or artists (not sure what an Assist is supposed to be defining?).

But anyway, just thought it would be nice to help people find you better and let people searching for other positions than VA filter out posts that are irrelivent to them.

Andy Cowley
Projects: Apotheon, Terraria: Official Animated Series, Hazewalker & More
Deviantart: Twichlair
Soundcloud: TheDragonHat

#12 Post by Andy Cowley »

I can offer assistance as a voice actor

Website - http://www.andycowleyva.co.uk

rideka

#13 Post by rideka »

Your project sounds interesting, I'd always loved Ace Attorney series. I'm interested to be the artist to your project. Maybe you could show me the kind of work you would like me to recreate? also feel free to check my DA gallery here http://ridekasama.deviantart.com/gallery/

Kimikochan
Projects: Isekai Game, Genshin Fangame
Deviantart: 10joinasukachan93
Soundcloud: kimikoakashiya
Discord: Kimiko#0093

#14 Post by Kimikochan »

I would like to help with voice acting ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN_P3mWcD8o
(I am voicing miki and the narrator in this clip. if you need soething with more expressions or so just tell me I can record something for you ^^)

Fuwara

x

#15 Post by Fuwara »

Deleted
Last edited by Fuwara on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.