Character designer for otoge-Real!, an otome game (closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
hiko27
Veteran
Projects: Tsundere-sama (working title)
Tumblr: crappyassdrawings
Deviantart: tsunderenyan
Discord: erikaaaa#6140

Character designer for otoge-Real!, an otome game (closed)

#1 Post by hiko27 »

CLOSED
You've probably seen me around just randomly replying to threads, but introductions: I'm Erika, or you can just call me Hiko. Whichever one is preferred. I've had a game in the works for years now that, well, I'm just taking my sweet ass time because I'm doing story, writing, all the art, and just being the director/manager for it. And then I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the GUI as well orz.

But anyways, it's a game that's been in the Ideas section for a while, I work on it when I can, so heads up: There's no definite timeline for the game, but I assure you I will not trash this game. I just like to take time on this to make it as amazing as possible. I can't trash my baby.

The game I've been talking about is otoge-Real! Here's a link to the thread in the Ideas section.
Look at my lame logo orz
Summary: When Meru (changeable btw) decides to make her own otome game, she’s determined to make it happen! She’s got everything covered, except for one: the boys are too cliche because she’s never had a boyfriend! She knows all the different archetypes from reading manga and watching anime, but that wasn’t enough. One to never give up, she brings it up a notch. With her crazy idea and a burning determination, she decides to pick her own harem of boys and create her own otome game reality — in school!

Tons of planned features for the game but pretty much, the main one is that you can pick and choose which guys you want in your reverse harem. And based on who you choose, you'll get a few unique scenes involving certain guys (ie Guy A hates Guy B and they're both in your harem, you'll probably get scenes with them insulting the other idk). Others include customizeable MC (which will translate to CGs as well, which means more work for me, which is fine cause I love to draw), pretty arts, 15 guys to choose from (16 if you include the unlockable character), and an animation trailer... Once I get around to getting designs for the guys. Anyways, most of the info is in the thread (and my laptop) so if you want more info, check it out over there. There are other hopeful features for this game, but for now, those are the for sure ones.

Job: We need a character designer. That means you'll be designing the guys people will be romancing in the game. We have about 16 romanceable guys, some of which may already have designs. Along with that, you may be needed to design other males in the game, or even females. It's really up to you if you prefer to just be given orders on what to draw, or if you want to add your opinion to the game as a whole.

Requirements:
  • Preferably anime
  • Samples should be of original male characters
  • Samples should hopefully be in a modern setting, if not, it's fine
  • If accepted, will need to be comfortable talking on Skype -- that's our main communication
  • Must have an account to use with Google Drive
  • Give me bishounens
  • Must be able to draw guys (unlike me lol), we'll be needing around 15, more or less
  • Doesn't have to be amazing at drawing, nor do they need to have a mastery of anatomy or any other skill
  • All I'll really be looking for is the design
  • Unique character designs might sway me ugh
Pay: All I can fully promise you at this point is you will be paid once we get the Kickstarter up and reach the goal, which will probably be in the future, next year? I'm hoping next year. But if you really want to be paid upfront, it won't be immediate, but I do commissions from time to time and I'll be opening an online store, so if you're fine with waiting until then, go ahead. If you want immediate payment, please don't post or PM me about this thread. I do have money, but I need it for my online store. And if for example the Kickstarter doesn't reach its goal, but the game is finished, you'll still be paid with sales as well as money out of my pocket (and business). It really depends on the situation. I do know not having a definite pay at this point sounds very shady (and discouraging), but I don't like owing anybody anything so if you do work on the game, you do get money out of it (probably even more than what we agreed on).

Rates: Tell me your rates people. I'm open to flat rate, or a certain percentage of the Kickstarter revenue (though I can't really promise you like 30% of it since you'll only be designing characters). I have no limit since I do commissions and I'll be opening my online store, but don't ask for $1000 or something unless it's Sakimichan-level character designs.

Other perks: You get my undying love. And ofc, you get a copy of the game, and if it gets a good enough fanbase, free merchandise (AHA I HAVE A BUTTON MACHINE I CAN MAKE BUTTONS OF THEM). And you also get to be my friend? Or if you want, we can both discuss art and ogle skeletons just to study anatomy. I'm down for art tutoring. And probably, if you're friendly and nice enough, I'd be glad to offer you my services for free (or free art, idk).

Still interested even after I've tried to discourage you? Wow you're tough but okay. I'd prefer if you post here since my inbox is getting way too freaking big, but if you're too shy, feel free to PM me as well. I only add people on Skype if I'll be working with them. I might be extremely picky so sorry in advance.
Once you post/PM your rates, I'll assume you already know you won't get immediate payment for this.
Last edited by hiko27 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:17 am, edited 10 times in total.
My art thread
links to portfolios

an otome game from a tsundere's pov

Kshatriya
Tumblr: kshatriyadraws

Re: Character designer for otoge-Real!, an otome game

#2 Post by Kshatriya »

I wan to sign up as a character designer
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

hiko27
Veteran

#3 Post by hiko27 »

Kshatriya wrote:I wan to sign up as a character designer
Wow that was fast. Haven't even finished adding things on my first post.

You have samples of your own characters, or just character designs you've done? Preferably male since that's what I'm looking for.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Kshatriya

#4 Post by Kshatriya »

hiko27 wrote:
Kshatriya wrote:I wan to sign up as a character designer
Wow that was fast. Haven't even finished adding things on my first post.

You have samples of your own characters, or just character designs you've done? Preferably male since that's what I'm looking for.
Top part is a fanart I de done and the painted one below is my own, and yes I can draw guys

hiko27
Veteran

#5 Post by hiko27 »

Kshatriya wrote:Top part is a fanart I de done and the painted one below is my own, and yes I can draw guys
I mean original male characters you've drawn, not fanart or anything. If you have any, if you can link them to me, that would be great.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Kshatriya

#6 Post by Kshatriya »

Oops don't have them though, I thought the ability to design them, my bad

hiko27
Veteran

#7 Post by hiko27 »

Kshatriya wrote:Oops don't have them though, I thought the ability to design them, my bad
Oh, that's fine then. I'm not sure yet at this point since you don't have samples, and looking through your DA, all I see are fantasy designs. Thank you though!
My art thread
links to portfolios

sorani
Veteran

#8 Post by sorani »

I'm interested~ my examples are in my flavor.me link. There are wip threads linked and those threads have some original character designs shown. My rates are in my commission thread linked in my signature.

Kshatriya

#9 Post by Kshatriya »

hiko27 wrote:
Kshatriya wrote:Oops don't have them though, I thought the ability to design them, my bad
Oh, that's fine then. I'm not sure yet at this point since you don't have samples, and looking through your DA, all I see are fantasy designs. Thank you though!
Alright best of luck!

hiko27
Veteran

#10 Post by hiko27 »

sorani wrote:I'm interested~ my examples are in my flavor.me link. There are wip threads linked and those threads have some original character designs shown. My rates are in my commission thread linked in my signature.
Hello there! And since this game isn't fantasy, I only really took into account the designs for this thread. I was wondering if your style changed? Seems like the designs for this one looked much simpler than the others, or is that just me?

Also, about your rates, not sure which one character designs would fall under. I'm not looking for anything refined or polished, more like rough character designs. Don't think I see a sketch rate or character design rate????
Kshatriya wrote:Alright best of luck!
Good luck to you too, thanks!
My art thread
links to portfolios

sorani
Veteran

#11 Post by sorani »

hiko27 wrote:
sorani wrote:I'm interested~ my examples are in my flavor.me link. There are wip threads linked and those threads have some original character designs shown. My rates are in my commission thread linked in my signature.
Hello there! And since this game isn't fantasy, I only really took into account the designs for this thread. I was wondering if your style changed? Seems like the designs for this one looked much simpler than the others, or is that just me?

Also, about your rates, not sure which one character designs would fall under. I'm not looking for anything refined or polished, more like rough character designs. Don't think I see a sketch rate or character design rate????
Sorry about that orz I'm still pretty new with the price rates hehe
Anyways, to clear up your question, that otome game thread is pretty old, so it has simpler designs.
My rates for character designs per character is:

FullBody:
Sketch/loose shading or flats $10
Lineart/flatcolor $15
--Additional clothes/poses +$5
--Expressions +$1

here's how it'll look

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#12 Post by annpan »

Bishies! Bishies! Can't say it, I do hope you find an artist. I'm creeper ;') Is still waiting for the game.

Last edited by annpan on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sei.chan

#13 Post by sei.chan »

XD just read your post the girl reminds me so much of myself, except I wouldn't go finding my own harem. I'm totally going to keep an eye on this project! Good luck =P

hiko27
Veteran

#14 Post by hiko27 »

sorani wrote:Sorry about that orz I'm still pretty new with the price rates hehe
Anyways, to clear up your question, that otome game thread is pretty old, so it has simpler designs.
My rates for character designs per character is:

FullBody:
Sketch/loose shading or flats $10
Lineart/flatcolor $15
--Additional clothes/poses +$5
--Expressions +$1

here's how it'll look
I had a reply typed up earlier but laptop decided to restart before I posted since I just installed new ram orz But anyways, it's fine with the price rates. I understand, I was pretty much the same when I started commissions.

Is it fine if I make you wait for a bit? I wanted to give other people the chance to apply and all that.
annpan wrote:Bishies! Bishies! Can't say it, I do hope you find an artist. I'm creeper ;') Is still waiting for the game.

Yes, bishies! We should have a bishies club here on LSF. And thank you! Your bishie is bishieful (*/∇\*)キャ
sei.chan wrote:XD just read your post the girl reminds me so much of myself, except I wouldn't go finding my own harem. I'm totally going to keep an eye on this project! Good luck =P
Omg, I'm so happy someone relates to the MC. I like it when others say they relate to my characters, since I make it so that they're relatable and realistic (mostly the former). Thank you!
My art thread
links to portfolios

sorani
Veteran

#15 Post by sorani »

Sure~ I don't mind.