Master and Mage

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
lijuanjie
Projects: Master and Mage
Tumblr: acklesiero

Master and Mage

#1 Post by lijuanjie »

thanks to ds-sans for the logo
Clara Endelburgh (default name) has just turned 17, and has decided that she wishes to move with her Aunt and Uncle in a faraway city in order to further improve her skills as a young mage. Her relatives gladly take her in and teach her the ways of magic — but in a way Clara doesn't expect. Instead of training her themselves like she had hoped, her Aunt and Uncle enroll her in a local school dedicated to teaching students the arts of magic and sorcery. So now, Clara (of whom isn't expected back home for another year) must attend Madame March's Academy of Sorcery with many students she has never met before. Nervous about leaving her hometown of 17 years, Clara has to balance making friends with her magic — not to mention all the somewhat attractive boys on her street and in her classes.

COMMUNICATION AND EXPECTATIONS
Team members will be expected to communicate through Skype and be somewhat knowledgeable on the workings of Google Drive and/or Dropbox (though the latter is preferred). All members will participate in a weekly check-in and are expected to help other members of the team by helping to critique artwork, scripts, soundtracks and any other aspects of the project. The expected completion date of this project will hopefully be late 2016 to early/mid 2017.

POSITIONS
Project Manager: lijuanjie
Coder #1: lijuanjie
Coder #2 (GUI): Kia
[/b]Writer #1: Kristen Perez
Writer #2: Brittany Vincent
Character Artist: Drewz
BG Artist: Ham
GUI and Logo Artist: Kia
Composer #1: Belgerum
Composer #2: Lukedoc321

PAYOUT AND PROFIT
The game will be sold on the Google Play Market and likely the Apple App Store for $.99 or, potentially, $1.99. It will likely also be sold for PC and Mac on itch.io, for $9.99. In-game purchases will also be included to offer additional storylines or extra content. A Kickstarter campaign will be run to raise funds. Any money not used from that reserve will be distributed amongst team members. Payout is as follows.

Coder: 12.5%
Writer: 12%
Character Artist: 10.5%
Background Artist: 10.5%
Logo / GUI Artist: 10%
Composer: 10%

Please PM me if interested, send me a Skype message @ oya-sue-me or shoot me a quick email at dylankxs@yahoo.com! Thanks!
Last edited by lijuanjie on Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Benesumi
Regular
Tumblr: Benesumi

Re: Master and Mage - EIGHT POSITIONS OPEN!

#2 Post by Benesumi »

Hello! What is the expected workload of the character artist?

lijuanjie

#3 Post by lijuanjie »

Otakumi wrote:Hello! What is the expected workload of the character artist?
We would expect about ten characters in total, all of them having several facial expressions and/or poses. Only the main character and the love interests will have more than five expressions each.

lijuanjie

#4 Post by lijuanjie »

UPDATE: 2/5/2016 Glad to say that I have five people potentially filling in roles! A GUI Coder, two writers, a GUI artist and a composer. I'll edit the forum as soon as any of them are confirmed.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#5 Post by Ferdokki »

What kind of art style were you looking for the background art?

lijuanjie

#6 Post by lijuanjie »

Ferdokki wrote:What kind of art style were you looking for the background art?
Here are some examples that are similar to the types of art I'd like to have in the game.

http://img12.deviantart.net/cf2f/i/2014 ... 80xp5c.jpg
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/18/11/55 ... 181155.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 824c4b.jpg

In general, anything that's a bit more anime-like, but those links are a bit more specific as to specific styles.

lijuanjie

Re: Master and Mage - SIX POSITIONS OPEN!

#7 Post by lijuanjie »

UPDATE: 2 / 14 / 2016 Glad to say that Brittany Vincent (http://pfhorthewin.com) and Kristen Perez (http://xekstrin.tumblr.com) are the two writers that are a part of the team! Also in the process of finalizing the details with a BG artist!

lijuanjie

Re: Master and Mage - FOUR POSITIONS OPEN!

#8 Post by lijuanjie »

UPDATE: 2 / 16 / 2016 I now have someone named Ham doing the background art and Belgerum (http://www.youtube.com/user/Belgerum) doing half of our compositions! Still have GUI coding position, character artist, GUI designer and a second composer position open!
Last edited by lijuanjie on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drewz
Regular

#9 Post by Drewz »

Interested in the Character Artist position, added you to skype :)

lijuanjie

#10 Post by lijuanjie »

UPDATE: 2 / 21 / 2016 Glad to have Drewz doing character art and Kia doing GUI design! Finalizing details with our second composer as well!!

Sefir
Github: sefirq

Re: Master and Mage - TWO POSITIONS OPEN!

#11 Post by Sefir »

How much should I know to become GUI programmer in Your project? Which engine do you use?
//EDIT: well, there might be a problem, it's 2PM in Poland right now :D

lijuanjie

Re: Master and Mage

#12 Post by lijuanjie »

UPDATE: 2 / 28 / 2016 We have Luke as our second composer and Kia doing the GUI coding! Thanks to everybody that's contacted me so far; I really appreciate it!