Sominia Project - Looking for more!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
barretta
Projects: Sominia Project (2015), various client side consulting for Projects

Sominia Project - Looking for more!

#1 Post by barretta »

About the Project & Genre:
Meet the Sominia Project (Project's website with more concept art and information on the project: http://www.sominia.com): a tight-knit team developing a Strategy/Tactical based RPG with an enhanced VN style of storytelling. We are currently in the early prototype development stage in building our first commercial grade game as a startup organization.

Game is being built in Unity complete with battle system, Inventory system, and other game features. Battle System is a turn-based isometric style with illustrated elements. We were originally in Ren'Py until we decided that Unity would be a better fit for our game engine.

Here is some images from concept, assets, mock-ups, etc

The plot is set in a High Fantasy style including dark fantasy elements and with the help of my talented writing team (led by a published author) we have crafted and world-built something amazing that was once a simple manuscript I wrote for a hobby. Script-writing is currently underway.

The team currently consists of several talented staff members and currently we’re trying to fill in the rest of the positions as we set our sights on the first complete prototype/working demo scheduled to be completed no later than May of 2016. The plan is to have a maximum of 30 people at most (or if needed) during the development stage and expanding if there is a need. Our goal is to show that even a small studio can make a professional grade game and raise the bar.

What about compensation?
We are currently a work for hire project (Rev-share). Basically no one will be getting compensated unless we release a successful game which, as we get closer to a release everyone would be given a compensation package to sign.

One important Requirement is your willingness to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).

What we can offer:

Drop Box collaboration for Art Assets
Version Control System for Unity & documentation
Detailed documentation on Visual Style, Game Design, and Core programming framework upon being accepted as a member.
Skype/Slack - Communication

What are we looking for:

- Animation Artists (1-3)
- Character Artists (1)
- Environmental Artists (1-2)
- UI Artist (1)
- Social Media Manager (1)
-Unity Programmers (Always looking for extra programmers but not needed immediately)

What has been done:

- World building, final script is being written
- Programming, Game design documentation, prototype development of core engine and functionality
- Visual style and currently finalizing character designs

HOW TO APPLY
Post in this thread and let's discuss!

svarn
Deviantart: mongdej

Re: Sominia Project - Looking for more!

#2 Post by svarn »

Are you looking for 2d or 3d character artist ?
Because on your site, in character artist description it says:
"Create high-resolution models and textures for in-game character sprites and artwork"

barretta
Projects: Sominia Project (2015), various client side consulting for Projects

#3 Post by barretta »

svarn wrote:Are you looking for 2d or 3d character artist ?
Because on your site, in character artist description it says:
"Create high-resolution models and textures for in-game character sprites and artwork"

They are 2d but illustrated to appear 3d! Love the questions so feel free to ask :D

Dara
Deviantart: squippie

#4 Post by Dara »

Hellooo. I'd like to try to apply for character artist, but I'm shy. Can we talk over email?

M4uesviecr
Projects: None, yet!
Soundcloud: jasminecoopermusic

#5 Post by M4uesviecr »

Whoa. Not trying to be rude or factitious, but you were able to assemble, maintain, and most importantly, keep, 20+ people on a project that features revenue sharing as compensation?

AND this is your first game?

Talk about stunned.

The game looks gorgeous, though, and having a published author in the group should mean that the story will be banging as well.

Wishing you guys luck!

ProfKranc
Soundcloud: callum-janes

#6 Post by ProfKranc »

Hey guys! I'm a Social Media Manager and Voice Actor by trade. I would love to discuss this further!

My experience and a Social Media Manager comes from my current clientele which includes local business and I have 3 years experience as a voice actor.
If possible, could we talk over email? Will send you an email :)

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

#7 Post by Nekobako »

Seconding M4, haha. This is pretty ambitious, but you seem to have your ducks in a row.

And that is one sexy logo.

I wish you the best of luck with this project!

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#8 Post by Ferdokki »

What would you need from the Social Media Manager and Environment Artists?

dakota-brown

#9 Post by dakota-brown »

Hey, Gang! Check out my Voiceover stats here if you're looking to add any VA's to your game:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 64&t=37262

Wittmann
Regular
Projects: Panzermadels: Tank Dating Simulator
Deviantart: DWittmann

#10 Post by Wittmann »

I'd be interested in working with Social Media Management, here's a screenshot of my post reach for this week of the facebook page I run for a Visual Novel I worked on.

Developed
ImageImage
Published
ImageImageImage

lovebby
Regular
Deviantart: lovebby

#11 Post by lovebby »

I would love to work no this project as a Character artist, I'd love to discuss further!
You can see my art style right here meanwhile.

Chrisiscool86
Regular
Projects: Cassandra Acts
Tumblr: bebop-86
Soundcloud: chris-thurman-1

#12 Post by Chrisiscool86 »

I know it's not listed, but I didn't see anything about this position already being occupied so I thought I'd ask. Need a music composer? If so let me know! chris-86@live.com